Migration from ASE 11.5 NCR to ASE 11.5 SUN

Hi everybody.

I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on
SUN Solaris 2.6.

My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and
DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data more easy?

Thanks,

0
Mynor
11/7/2001 1:46:37 AM
sybase.ase.backup+recovery 1120 articles. 0 followers. Follow

mpacheco@banrural.com.gt wrote...
> Hi everybody.
>
> I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on
> SUN Solaris 2.6.
>
> My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and
> DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data more easy?

You could use Sybase Rep Server but that will certainly cost more than using the BCP
method.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

"Mynor Pacheco" <mpacheco@banrural.com.gt> wrote in message
> Hi everybody.
>
> I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on
> SUN Solaris 2.6.
>
> My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps
and
> DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data more easy?
>
> Thanks,

0
Ramesh

rep solaris ase 11.5.1 to nt ase 11.5/11.51
Help! I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase 11.5 or 11.5.1 on nt on intel. Could you answer the following: 1) To move the initial data I would like to load the dump data from the Solaris server to Windows nt server. Can this be done? 2) Do my device definitions on the Nt side need to duplicate those on the Solaris side. 3) The repserver is on Solaris as well. I only have 11.5 on nt can get ase 11.5.1 on nt. Is this an issue. Do I need repserver on nt? Any known traps? george wrote: > Help! > > I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase...

Migration from ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5
Hello I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point me to some documentation on the subject? I am particularly interested in documents that explain the best way to migrate database objects (tables, indexes, etc...) and data. Thanks in advance. Jorge Vergara Sispro S.A. Canoas - RS - Brasil jlvergara@sispro.com.br wrote... > Hello > > I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point > me to some documentation on the subject? > I am particularly interested in documents that explain the b...

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

Migrate ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5 causes pc-client problem!!
Hi all, I migrated ASE 11.5/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.5.1 to ASE 12.5/SWR 9609 GA/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8 on Sun box. I face problem on win 98 client application, written by VB 4, when it use recordset (DAO 3.0) to update table in ASE 12.5. The problem occure when use ODBC sybase system 10. Error in application is [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Variable is not allowed in trigger. If I use passthru mode to run the same SQL on ASE 12.5, it is not such an error. Then I try to install 12.5 pc client on that machine but I can not do that because when during the installation proc...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

ASE 11.5 on same server as ASE 12.5?
Anyone have 11.5 running on same server as 12.5 on NT? Would not be concerned to do this in Solaris as I am on an NT 4.0 Box sp6. Any known gotchas or issues? Going to take toni's advise in earlier posting on doing the 11.5 install as a seperate user on the server already running 12.5 just fine. Hope this wilkl take care of env vars??? We have one app that the company who developed it will no longer support us on newer versions of Sybase as a result this one crucial app must stay up and running on 11.5 while we allow the rest of our company to progress forward to 12.5 an...

Migration to ASE 12 from ASE 11.5
Hi all, Has anyone out there perormed a migration from ASE 11.5.1.1 to ASE 12 on NT. If so I would be greatful if you could provide information on the following 1. Ease of migration and any issues encountered. 2. Sizes of databases migrated 3. Adopted migration plans - I could not find anything on the Sybase web site. 4. Experiences on ASE 12. Thanking you in advance Puvendran Hi, Yes, I have performed a migration from both v11.5.1 to v12 and from v11.9.2.1 to 12. I have put my responses below each of your questions. -- Andy Price, Sybase Certified Adapt...

Migration : ASE V12 (HP UX 11) to ASE V 12.5.3 (AIX 5.3)
Hi, I have to migrate a DB ASE 12.0.0.8 from HP (HP UX 11) to ASE 12.5.3 (IBM AIX 5.3) here are the characteristics: HP UX ------ The default Unix charset on the platform is Roman8. The ASE/db Charset is UTF8 AIX (5.3) --- The default Unix charset on the platform is Iso The ASE/db Charset will be UTF8 Someone told me Cross-platform DUMP/RELOAD is not possible. note that I didn't try it yet, but i will. Does anyone know about that ? If this is not possible i'll have to use 'bcp' IN/OUT i guess ? but i dont know exactly what syntax i should use w...

Migration : ASE V12 (HP UX 11) to ASE V 12.5.3 (AIX 5.3)
Hi, I have to migrate a DB ASE 12.0.0.8 from HP (HP UX 11) to ASE 12.5.3 (IBM AIX 5.3) here are the characteristics: HP UX ------ The default Unix charset on the platform is Roman8. The ASE/db Charset is UTF8 AIX (5.3) --- The default Unix charset on the platform is Iso The ASE/db Charset will be UTF8 Someone told me Cross-platform DUMP/RELOAD is not possible. note that I didn't try it yet, but i will. Does anyone know about that ? If this is not possible i'll have to use 'bcp' IN/OUT i guess ? but i dont know exactly what syntax i should use w...

replicate ASE 11.0.3 via R.S. 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2
Has any one successfully replicated from 11.0.3 using Rep Server 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2 using ltm's? We are running on solaris 2.6 using veritas filesystem and keep getting stack traces (this shuts down the connection). I would like to know if anyone else has replicated using these versions or something similar. Thanks. kboniface@worldres.com Yes, I have done this. No specific problems. HTH, Rob -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase ASE 11.5 Administrator (Professional) Certified DBA/Performance...

ASE 12.5 vs ASE 11.5 performance issues
Hi All, Again my question is about performance of ASE 12.5 against 11.5.01 We have a huge production client-server application running on W2K server with ASE 11.5.0.1 database (more than 400 tables, 2000 stored procedures). The database was placed on raw disk partitions (no RAID) and split between different physical drives as follows: data, log, tempdb and master database are located on different drives. We have two PIII, 1GHz, 1 GB of memory and give 800MB for ASE. We create separate tempdb cache and bind tempdb to it. Database was bind to default data cache. Then we want to switc...

Performance issues after upgrate ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5
Hi How can we improve performance? We're moving a database that was operating fairly well on a HP-UX 10.20 with Adaptive Server Enterprise v. 11.5 (32 bits) to a HP-UX 11.0 with Adaptive Server Enterprise v. 12.5 (32 bits) Our problem is the slower performance of the database on the new, more powerful and faster machine with newer software (in both operative system and sybase version) We've noted that it starts really fast but slows down gradually. We�ve tried many ways to improve the performance: -Increase the max memory. -Increase the number of engines at startup...

Converting NT 11.5 ASE to a Solaris 12.5 ASE
We are trying to migrate a server running on Windows NT to a Solaris machine. The NT box is running ASE 11.5 and the Solaris box is running 12.5. So far, the only way we have came up with to migrate the data is bcp. The problem is we estimate this to be probably about a 6-7 hour process. Our shop runs 24*7*365 and unfortunately downtime is not something we get. In the past when we have migrated servers, we have used warm-standby which has worked really nicely. But in this case we can't run dump and load to populate the database. Has anyone been able to migrate an NT box to a...

Replication from ASE 11.92 and Rep 11.5 on AIX 4.2.1 to Linux ASE 11.92 possible?
We are trying to work this out and so far have hit a few snags. Here is the situation: Our Linux server is named tlaas_linux1 and our AIX server is ZYDVAX01. The ASE servers are named tlaas_linux1_sy and ZYDVAX01_SY respectively. from tlaas_linux1: -isql -Usa -Ppassword -SZYDVAX01_SY (works) -exec ZYDVAX01_SY.master..sp_who (works) from zydvax01: -isql -Umaintuser -Pmaintpass -Stlaas_linux1_sy (works) -isql -Usa -Ppassword -Stlaas_linux1_sy (works) -exec tlaas_linux1_sy.master..sp_who (works when logged into ZYDVAX01_SY.mzypd using isql) -stored procs in the replicate database...

Web resources about - Migration from ASE 11.5 NCR to ASE 11.5 SUN - sybase.ase.backup+recovery

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bacterium in Otzi the Iceman's stomach provides human migration clues
An insight into the peopling of Europe has emerged from an unlikely source: the stomach contents of a 5300-year-old body pulled from a thawing ...

Sydney Festival review: The Migration's brilliance undermined by flawed sound
Australian jazz made a welcome return to Sydney Festival with the premiere of Stu Hunter's new suite.

The human migration out of Africa left its mark in mutations
(credit: Wikimedia Commons ) When it comes to evolution, people tend to focus on the big driving force of natural selection, which latches on ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
... as “a great victory for the principles Democrats stand for.” Ryan specifically condemned what he termed “hyperbole” surrounding immigration ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: a Google Analytics & Tag Manager checklist
Hopping on the bandwagon started by Stephen Kenwright’s blog post on website migration for SEO . From that you know that if a site migration ...

Sex assaults inflame Germany’s migration battle
Scores of alleged sexual assaults against German women have added another dimension to the country’ s fraught debate over migration. The FT reports. ...

It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels
It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels

Ancient DNA Traces Irish Roots To Mass Migrations
Geneticists and archaeologists have teamed up to trace the heritage of the Irish all the way to the Middle East and Eastern Europe.