is it possible to load database dump from a 32bit ASE 12.5 into a 64bit ASE
12.5 and vice versa?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best Regards,
Marco Stroech

Marco Stroech
Databases
AOL Deutschland � Millerntorplatz 1 � 20359 Hamburg � Germany
+49 (40) 36159-7454 � fax: +49 (40) 36159-7460
voice/fax@aol: +49 (40) 3603-444444
mstroech@aol.com

0
Marco
8/23/2002 9:19:45 AM
sybase.ase.backup+recovery 1120 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Marco Stroech wrote:

> is it possible to load database dump from a 32bit ASE 12.5 into a 64bit ASE
> 12.5 and vice versa?

	You can go from the 32bit version to a 64bit one but the reverse
	is a little more complicated. User databases yes but master is a
	problem. But then its bad form to load dumps of master elsewhere.
	Regardless, there is a technical document on Sybase's website
	that covers the issues and possibilities.

-am	� 2002
0
Anthony

ASE and ASE

ASE to ASE

any issues to restore dump file of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ?
Hi, Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both system DBs are the same. Cheers paul > Hi, > > Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore > the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 > (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both > system DBs are the same. > > Cheers > paul If you have a recent ebf of ASE 12.0 (say 12.0.0.4 or later) than no problem. Earlier ebfs had a few problems....

ASA To ASE - VS

Hi All, I am trying to load a dump file which as created from ASE on Sun and want to Load on ASE on IBM linux. Its compressed to Level 4 . I am getting a error "File too large" Error=27, msg=File too large Have already checked the space availibity in /tmp and i has enough space. Also added -D32 flag in RUN_backup and restarted the backupserver...but getting the same error. On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:37:00 -0700, RJ wrote: > Hi All, > > I am trying to load a dump file which as created from ASE on Sun and want to > Load on ASE on IBM linux. Its comp...

dump from ASE v11.5., load to ASE v12.0.
Hi, We had to dump all of our test databases on our test box and load a copy of our production database to test the upgrade from Sybase ASE v11.5.1 to Sybase ASE v12.0.0.1. After the testing we need to restore all the test databases back on the server. I've checked this newsgroup for previous posts and found 1 case where the respondant mentioned that there might be a problem with tables containing text fields. Is there a work-around? and are there anymore issues? thanks Guy The latest EBF fixed the problem and you can check the EBF doc for more details. benny G...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

64bit ASE vs 32bit ASE with extended cache size
This thread somehow got lost and am posting it as a seperate one. With 64bit ASE, ASE uses one single address space and does not need shmfs which is needed by 32bit ASE. Having one address space has good performance improvements over using shmfs and 'extended cache size' ? We dont have the EM64T ASE license but have 32bit ASE for Linux. Sybase informed that, 64bit EM64T is a new platform and it was not available at the time when our site license was bought and so, instructs us to buy it seperately. Am thinking to avoid buying it and go with 32bit ASE upon 64bit RH...

I've this dump of a database, dumped from an ASE 12 system. I now want to load that on on to an ASE 11.9.2 system. Is this possible and how? It would really make my replication ASE 12 -> ASE 11.9.2 easier... /T Hi, IMHO there is no work around to loading a higher version onto a lower one! Tobbe wrote: I've this dump of a database, dumped from an ASE 12 system. I now want to load that on on to an ASE 11.9.2 system. Is this possible and how? It would really make my replication ASE 12 -> ASE 11.9.2 easier... /T ...

Hello, When we load a dump of our database, from our ASE 12.5.3 server into our ASE 15 (same sizes, options etc), we find that the table_ID's are different(newly created), but no mapping exist to the old table id's used. So the newly migrated procedures that depend on these tables and still seem to reference the old table ID's somewhere, fail unless entirely dropped and recreated. SP_RECOMPILE does NOT help! They problem persists. It fails when executed and we can't necessarily recompile all.. Any ideas, please let me know Liz > Hello, > > When...

ASE 12.5 32bit to ASE 15.0 64bit upgrade
What are the steps to upgrade from 12.5 32bit to 15.0 64bit on AIX 5.3? The 15.0.1 Installation Guide describes the normal 15.0 upgrade process but then has a terse section towards the end, "Migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit version", that describes other steps. Are these steps in addition to the normal upgrade process (sqlupgrade) or are they in place of sqlupgrade? Do I really have to drop and re-create all compiled objects (step 12 under Method #3: Replacing the binary)? Keith Wonderly wrote: > > What are the steps to upgrade from 12.5 32bit to 15.0 64bit >...

problems loading ASE 12.5 dump into ASE 15.0 DB
I'm having problems loading a 12.5 database dump into a 15.0 database. On the 12.5 database I do the following: dump database xxxxxx to "c:\temp\xxxxxxxxx.bkp" go Then on the 15.0 database I load the database: load database xxxxxx from "c:\temp\xxxxxxxxx.bkp" go The first strange thing here is the following: ---------------------------------------------------------- Jun 09 12:31:19 2006: Backup Server: 4.188.1.1: Database xxxxxxxxx: 655484 kilobytes (58%) LOADed. Jun 09 12:31:20 2006: Backup Server: 3.42.1.1: LOAD is complete (database xxxxxxxxxxx). ...

Dump & Load (DB Migration from ASE 12.5 to ASE 15)
Dear All, What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me have expert views. Does Linux supports RAW Devices ? Regards KRV K.R.V wrote: > Dear All, > > What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & > Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. > > We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me > have expert views. In the past, I've bcp&#...

Web resources about - Loading a 32bit-ASE Database Dump in 64bit ASE and vice versa? - sybase.ase.backup+recovery