Load 11.5.1 dump (AIX 4.x) to 12.5.3 server (AIX 5.x)

Hi,

I've been tasked with loading data from an old 11.5.1 server
to a more up-to-date server. Trying to load the first sample
db dump that I've been given results in:

[110] DBA_SQL.master.1> load database testing from
"/pdata/sybase/backup/fsb_050619";                   Backup
Server session id is:  58.  Use this value when executing
the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling
any volume change request from the Backup Server.
Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name 'fsb0517014CD0    '
section number 1 mounted on disk file
'/pdata/sybase/backup/fsb_050619'
Backup Server: 3.14.2.4: Logical page 167772172 is not in
the given database map.
Msg 8009, Level 16, State 1
Server 'DBA_SQL', Line 1
Error encountered by Backup Server.  Please refer to Backup
Server messages for details.

The pagesize on the target server is 2K.

AFAIK loading 11.5.x dumps to a 12.5.x server on compatible
architectures should work. So what I'm asking is - am I
doing something wrong, or is it possible/likely that the
dump file that I have is corrupted in some way?

I haven't yet been able to talk with the DBAs at the remote
site, so I have no idea how they do their dumps...

Michael
0
mpeppler
6/21/2005 6:47:03 AM
sybase.ase.backup+recovery 1120 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Hi,
>
> I've been tasked with loading data from an old 11.5.1
> server to a more up-to-date server. Trying to load the
> first sample db dump that I've been given results in:
>
> [110] DBA_SQL.master.1> load database testing from
> "/pdata/sybase/backup/fsb_050619";
> Backup Server session id is:  58.  Use this value when
> executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure
> after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup
> Server. Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name
> 'fsb0517014CD0    ' section number 1 mounted on disk file
> '/pdata/sybase/backup/fsb_050619'
> Backup Server: 3.14.2.4: Logical page 167772172 is not in
> the given database map.

FWIW - a couple of attempts to load this dump to an 11.9.2
server resulted in the same error message.
I even tried placing the target database on vdevno 10 so
that this logical page will be on the device...

Michael
0
mpeppler
6/21/2005 2:05:47 PM
As per the sybase backup server docs...

Logical page %1! is not in the given database map.

Explanation:
Internal error, contact Sybase Technical Support. Violation
of the dump synchronization protocol of the RPC API.

These errors indicate an ASE bug, defective database disk
mapping
information sent.

Are you able to load this DB in ASE 11.5.1 ?

Better log a case with Sybase.
0
Pravin

Upgrade ASE 12.0/64 bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5.x/64 bit on AIX 5.2
Trying to find what is the supported upgrade path for the above. Going from 12.0/64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to 12.5 (or 12.5.x) 64bit on AIX 5.2. If I put AIX 5.2 , the dataserver binary of 12.0 will not work which is used during the upgrade. If I put 12.5.x on 4.3.3, the dataserver binary will not work beacuse it is new binary for 5.2. Other than backup the databases and load them to the new server, is there a supported how to upgrade? Thanks! ...

Upgrade ASE12 at AIX 4.3.3 to 12.5.x at AIX 5.2
Based on Sybase install guide, sqlupgrade is not approximate due to AIX 32/64 bits compability. Anyone has this experience. Please share!!! Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Migration from ASE-64 bits 12.5.0.2 to ASE 64 bits 12.5.3 for AIX 5.3
Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 bits) Thank you kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to > migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 > bits) > > Thank you Apply 12.5.2 IR then 12.5.3 esd 5. -- Jason L. Froebe http://jfroebe.livejournal.com http://www.propsmart.com Team Sybase On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:18:22 -0800, kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an > ASE 12.5.0.2 ...

Migration : ASE V12 (HP UX 11) to ASE V 12.5.3 (AIX 5.3)
Hi, I have to migrate a DB ASE 12.0.0.8 from HP (HP UX 11) to ASE 12.5.3 (IBM AIX 5.3) here are the characteristics: HP UX ------ The default Unix charset on the platform is Roman8. The ASE/db Charset is UTF8 AIX (5.3) --- The default Unix charset on the platform is Iso The ASE/db Charset will be UTF8 Someone told me Cross-platform DUMP/RELOAD is not possible. note that I didn't try it yet, but i will. Does anyone know about that ? If this is not possible i'll have to use 'bcp' IN/OUT i guess ? but i dont know exactly what syntax i should use w...

Migration : ASE V12 (HP UX 11) to ASE V 12.5.3 (AIX 5.3)
Hi, I have to migrate a DB ASE 12.0.0.8 from HP (HP UX 11) to ASE 12.5.3 (IBM AIX 5.3) here are the characteristics: HP UX ------ The default Unix charset on the platform is Roman8. The ASE/db Charset is UTF8 AIX (5.3) --- The default Unix charset on the platform is Iso The ASE/db Charset will be UTF8 Someone told me Cross-platform DUMP/RELOAD is not possible. note that I didn't try it yet, but i will. Does anyone know about that ? If this is not possible i'll have to use 'bcp' IN/OUT i guess ? but i dont know exactly what syntax i should use w...

Dump and Load in ASE 11.0.3.3 on SCO open Server 5.x
Hi !!! all, we are having a strange problem. We are running SQL Server 11.0.3.3 on a Sco server(IBM machine) ver 5.0.4f. We are able to take a tar and restore it back. But when I try to dump and load any database it lands me into problems. This is causing serious concerns interms of restoring backups if necessery. The dump goes through without any problems but the load just doesn't want to work. I have checked up the patch reqmnts and have applied all the possible patches reqd. I am pasting the commands and the errors for the pubs2 database here. Any help will be greatly appr...

ASE 12.5.0.3 on AIX 5.1
Does anybody have any experience of the above ? Currently testing a critical Application and the performance is approx. 10% worse than on 12.0.0.7/4.3.3 ? Both the ASE & AIX configuration settings were 'migrated' across. ...

Dump on ASE 12.5.2 and Load on ASE 12.5.3
Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12.5.2 and later making one load of this archive in ASE 12.5.3? It is possible to dump a database in 12.5.2 and load it onto 12.5.3. -bret Leandro wrote: > Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12.5.2 and > later making one load of this archive in ASE 12.5.3? I recently dumped from 12.0 & loaded to 12.5, was pleasantly surprised the load process upgraded the database automatically. <Leandro> wrote in message news:425d7e31.7943.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12...

Firefox 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 under MacOS X 10.4.11
Name: dr.z Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 under MacOS X 10.4.11 - no https-pages Comments: In both versions all pages with beginning "https.." won't show up (even the bugzilla page - thats why I post the problem here). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; de; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5 on Aix 4.3.3
After migration from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5, the following error appears when I try to execute a strore procedure : Size of row in the worktable for grouped aggregate, 16542 bytes, exceeds the maximum row size (1962 bytes). Cannot run this query (return status = -6). Is it a bug on ASE 12.5? Why could I run correctly this procedure on the old version? Fabien DUBOIS Fabien DUBOIS wrote: > > After migration from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5, the following error appears > when I try to execute a strore procedure : > > Size of row in the worktable for grouped aggr...

dump/load from ASE 12.5.1 Tru64 to ASE 12.5 HPUX
Hi evrybody, Do you know if there is a way to load on ASE 12.5.1 HP-UX a dump from ASE 12.5.1 Tru64 ? or a dump from ASE 12.5.1 linux RHEL3 ? nb: support send me a patch 12.5..3 only for backupserver on Tru64 with the one I can make dump from Tru64 12.5.1 to linux 12.51. Thank you. Cecile D. 12.5.3 provides for database dump and loads across platforms with different OS and/or hardware (ie, different endianess). However, there are a few prerequisites ... see the 'New Features' manual for 12.5.3 for details about dumping and loading between different OS/hardware pl...

hints for perl 59.x and 5.8.x compiled on AIX 5.1
--=_alternative 006C37D286256EDA_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I'm sending this as per recommendation from H.Merijn Brand. In order to get perl and the PAR module to work properly on AIX 5.1 (and higher), I had to change the hints/aix.sh file. I'm not sure how to fold this back into perl, but I'd like it to be publicly available. The most important change affects the "lddlflags" option line. If the file needs to be cleaned up before it can be accepted, please let me know. I'm not sure how to go about this. Here is my ...

Which Version 12.5.0.3, 12.5.0.4, 12.5.1
We are currrently running 11.9.2 on an old HPUX server (development). We are getting a newer HPUX server and our DBA is asking us which version we should install. It will be a clean install. Are there any major problems we may encounter when the 11.9.2 databases are installed/upgraded to any of the above version. We have numerous stored procs, views and triggers. Once all applications are fully tested, we will be upgrading the production server to whichever version we choose. I hope that made sense. TIA Scott ...

Web resources about - Load 11.5.1 dump (AIX 4.x) to 12.5.3 server (AIX 5.x) - sybase.ase.backup+recovery

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Facebook Open Sources Its 'Big Sur' AI Servers
The company hopes to accelerate innovation around deep learning by contributing the GPU-based system designs to the OCP.

Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge
Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge