I have two schema in user database, How can i dump the user database schema name?

Respected, gurus

I'm working on ASE 15.0.2 DB.
I have two separate user schema in my ACUTE database
1. EASY_BANK         :It store normal master and treansaction table
2. EASY_BANK_LOB :It store images and photos

when i dump the acute database then dump file contain all the
object(two schema easy_bank and easy_bank_lob) in  the acute database

My problem :

I want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only in
EASY_BANK_LOB.

I also want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only
in EASY_BANK.

same way ,
can i restore the data which is only in EASY_BANK_LOB schema in ACUTE
db ?
can i restore the data which is only in EASY_BANK schema in ACUTE db ?

--
Regards,
Gondalia Hitesh (D.B.A.)

0
hitgon
5/9/2008 5:14:22 AM
sybase.ase.backup+recovery 1120 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> can i restore the data which is only in EASY_BANK_LOB schema in ACUTE
> db ?
> can i restore the data which is only in EASY_BANK schema in ACUTE db ?

You can use bcp out to export data and bcp in to import data, have a
look at bcp syntax in ASE manuals

HTH
Manish Negandhi
[TeamSybase]

0
Manish
5/9/2008 7:11:48 AM
On May 9, 9:11 am, Manish Negandhi <negandhi.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > can i restore the data which is only in EASY_BANK_LOB schema in ACUTE
> > db ?
> > can i restore the data which is only in EASY_BANK schema in ACUTE db ?
>
> You can use bcp out to export data and bcp in to import data, have a
> look at bcp syntax in ASE manuals
>
> HTH
> Manish Negandhi
> [TeamSybase]

Or use the archive database feature of 12.5.4/15.0.2.

This allows you to open a database dump as a read-only database, and
then extract the data you need via normal SELECT statements.

Michael
0
mpeppler

3.1 Nightly Users: Gloda database schema rev (blows away the database) is coming
Changes to the full-text search tokenizer to support case-folding, accent-folding, full-width character folding, and some katakana stuff is going to land soon. For search results to be consistent, the same tokenizer used for the query has to be the same tokenizer that indexed the message. The easiest and least painful way to accomplish this, all things considered*, is to rev the gloda schema. We may need to rev the schema one more time after this for either 3.1 beta 2 or the 3.1 final release. If you do not want to have to deal with the gloda re-indexing, please switch to...

Each user as database user
Good day! I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider. Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user. Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...  Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?  It is not. I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again. Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual dat...

How to Add an User Name only if the User Name Doesn't Exist in the Database
I have a form where users create user names. I'd like for the user to see a message that the user name already exists if it exists in the database. But I'm not sure how to do this in ASP.Net.In Classic ASP, I used the following code:     Error = False         'Loop through all the records in the recordset to check that the user name is not already in the database             Do While NOT rs2.EOF         'Check to see if the database already has ...

Help with Database Schema user
I created a couple of schemas and even some with names like .... Customer.Order To call a procedure that belongs to this schema in my code, what is the syntax please?   Customer.Order.StoreProceName ? .Net Web/Software Engineer Hi Dollarjunkie, In SQL Server 2000, database objects were owned by users. The four-part reference to a database object in SQL Server 2000 was [DatabaseServer].[DatabaseName].[ObjectOwner].[DatabaseObject]. In SQL Server 2005, the four-part reference to a database object is [DatabaseServer].[DatabaseName].[DatabaseSchema].[DatabaseObject] For more info...

could you explain me what is schema in sql2005? and why when i restore my data base my user have no login name so i have to create new user and login name?
hi, could you explain me what is schema in sql2005?  and why when i restore my database my user have no login name so i have to create new user and login name? thanks alot Hey, A schema is a logical grouping of objects; it's a way to separate tables into different logical groups, as one way of looking at it.  You can assign rights to the schema.  Schemas existed in 2000 in a sense, that everything belonged to the dbo schema (or your account name's schema), but it's not like it is in 2005.  You can make tables/procs belong to a schema, and then you have t...

create a user only can dump database
Is there anyway to ceate a sybase login that can only do backup on a specific database? I don't want to grant oper_role to him. Yes, see the technique described at http://www.sypron.nl/grant_sa.html -bret "weiminau@gmail.com" wrote: > Is there anyway to ceate a sybase login that can only do backup on a > specific database? I don't want to grant oper_role to him. ...

Database Schema for user private messaging
Hi i want to give users of a site the ability to private message each other, this is what i have done so far; Users - UserID, Username Messages; MessageID, SenderUsername(FK), RecipientUsername(fk), SendDate, ReadDate, Status, Subject, Message  Does this look right, is there anything i have missed out on, thank you. Hi, As far as number of Fields or what data to stored is concerned it look ok to me, but there may be changes as per the requirement. if you can be some what specific about your requirement then we may suggest you some more better column list. About the Existing ...

Assigning a user to a database: Schemas vs Roles
When assiging a user to have access to a database in Sql Server 2005, I see two sections, Schemas and Role members. What is the difference between the two? When checking that the user should have db_owner role for the database it works fine. I have been trying to research what exactly schemas are but no website I've gone to has been very helpful. Thanks look at these http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6104781.html http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190387.aspx http://www.sql-server-performance.com/articles/dba/authorization_2005_p1.aspx http://www....

User Database and Content Database
 Hi, I'm buuilding a website in ASP.NET 2.0 VB and plan to have some content stored in a database as well as using .NET's built-in user stuff.  I have two databases on my hosting package, so I have enough.  I was wondering if I should leave one for the user information, which is automatially created, and the other for my content, or to add more tables to the user DB and have everything running off that one. What would be best, please?  Thanks!  It depends whether you're going to use some foreign keys to the user roles tables. If this is your c...

SQL Server 2005 Express: The database principal owns a schema in the database, and can not be dropped.
I recently added a new user to my database.  Now I want to delete that user, but I keep getting the error above.  What do I need to do to delete my recently added user? How are you trying to delete the user (straight through SQL Express, or in ASP.Net code)?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) augustwind wrote:How are you trying to delete the user (straight thro...

Can not write Page.User.Identity.Name.ToString() to database
I have a simple problem, I hope.   I am using forms authentication, and have a text box within a formview displaying the user that is currently logged in (see code below), the text box displaying the user is bound to an access database, but when I attempt to insert a database record the user is always null in the database.  The create date below does write to the database and uses the same type of code.  What am I doing wrong? is it that Page.User.Identity.Name is "read only"?  Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.E...

dump database / tran
Hi everyone, I want to run a dump tran to a disk device on the local file system, and a daily dump database of the master dB and a production dB (ARSystem). How can I schedule this to run through the cron? Right now, I have to login in as SA to run this, but if I run this with cron then the password (-Pxxxxxx) will appear in the command. I want to avoid this. I wold also consider creating a specific Sybase user to run the dumps. Could someone tell me which roles have to be assigned to a user to enable it to perform a backup, and how would I run the backup out of cron ...

Cannot open database "DataBase" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'User\ASPNET'.
hi all, i am having my asp.net project and database is in same system. in web.config i diclaire my connection string as <add name="MyWebConString" connectionString="Data Source=AIPL069\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyWeb;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> when i login application i got an error error is Server Error in '/MyWeb' Application. Cannot open database "MyWeb" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'AIPL069\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception...

Netware server license for 5 - database license for 50
Tim Since you don't have to be logged into the NetWare box that runs the database your 50 user database license would apply. You will only use the 5 server connections if the users authenticate to the box for any reason. Hope this helps David K. "Tim Nesham" <timnesham@msn.com> wrote in message news:HYDhrKxNBHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > > > Thanks. "David K." <me@you.com> wrote in message news:YMilhZxNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Tim > > Since you don't have to be logged into the NetWare box...

Web resources about - I have two schema in user database, How can i dump the user database schema name? - sybase.ase.backup+recovery

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

3.3 million Hello Kitty fans' details have been exposed in a huge database leak
... week after week, the hacks, breaches and data leaks continue to roll in. The latest victim? Hello Kitty. CSO Online is reporting that a database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.

Database Leak Exposes 3.3 Million 'Hello Kitty' Fans
... was accessible. Vickery told Reuters by e-mail that the company had plugged the holes he had found in three servers. But he said the database ...