ASE 12 & ASE 15 compatibility with Windows Server 2003

Hi,

We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those
databases from different geographic locations. We also
connect to those databases via Citrix server.

At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows
2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows
2003.

Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE
12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003.

Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects
to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!

Regards,
Velu
0
Velu
1/10/2011 8:00:23 AM
sybase.ase.backup+recovery 1120 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use Sybase's certification website to answer this question:
	http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/refinePlatResult.do?baseProductId=2&licPlatformId=133&submitBy=os&refProductId=0&refPlatformId=107

According to it, ASE 12.5 and 15.0 and 15.0.3 were certified on Windows
2003.

Thanks,
   Neal
0
Neal
1/10/2011 4:21:45 PM
Thanks,
Velu

> Hi,
>
> You can use Sybase's certification website to answer this
> question:

http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/refinePlatResult.do?baseProductId=2&licPlatformId=133&submitBy=os&refProductId=0&refPlatformId=107

> According to it, ASE 12.5 and 15.0 and 15.0.3 were
> certified on Windows  2003.
>
> Thanks,
>    Neal
0
Velu

Compatibility of ASE 12 & 15 with Window Server 2003
Hi, We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those databases from different geographic locations. We also connect to those databases via Citrix server. At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows 2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows 2003. Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE 12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003. Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases. Kindly advise. Thanks! Regards, Velu Hi, You can use Sybase's certificati...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

Dump & Load (DB Migration from ASE 12.5 to ASE 15)
Dear All, What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me have expert views. Does Linux supports RAW Devices ? Regards KRV K.R.V wrote: > Dear All, > > What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & > Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. > > We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me > have expert views. In the past, I've bcp&#...

BACKUPS ASE 12 y ASE 12.5.2
Tengo un ASE 12 que demora en sacar respaldos 5 min y otro ASE 12.5.2 que se demora 8 min, la pregunta es porque en la nueva version se tarda mas tiempo en crearse el respaldo y el respaldo que se crea es bastante amplio. Robertho wrote: > Tengo un ASE 12 que demora en sacar respaldos 5 min y otro > ASE 12.5.2 que se demora 8 min, la pregunta es porque en la > nueva version se tarda mas tiempo en crearse el respaldo y > el respaldo que se crea es bastante amplio. Hi Robertho, the difference in time can often be attributed to the size difference of the transaction l...

ASE ODBC Driver 15.x backward compatible with ASE 12.5.x
Can anyone point me to a statement by Sybase that ASE ODBC Driver 15 will work with ASE 12.5.x databases? I'm under the impression that it is backward compatible but I will need to install the 15.x cataloging stored procedures in the 12.5.x servers to allow MS Access / Excel / Query type users to work. -- Thank You Scott Kellish --- Quote of the Minute --- Dilbert's Words of Wisdom: Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it. _________________________________________ Scott Kellish, Owner SoftSystem Solutions, LLC. 18 Ridge Road...

Squeezing the maximum memory out of ASE 12.5.x (and ASE 15.0) on Windows
I've seen a few postings asking how to get the largest memory allocation on a Windows 32-bit platform on ASE 12.5.x. Here is what I've pieced together over the last couple of years. In early testing the same configuration applies to ASE 15.0 too. Note that this isn't the last word on how to configure Sybase for large memory in Windows (I'm sure there must be tricks to squeeze even more memory out of the system) but these tips work well for me. ----- The Microsoft Windows operating system, running on a 32 bit platform has memory address limits for the maximum ...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE 12.5.2 and ASE 15
Hi everybody: We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. Sincerely George <George> wrote in message news:43a9c028.32f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi everybody: > > We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install > ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. > > Sincerely > > George Yes -- as long as you install each in a separate directory tree and make sure you have separate sets of settings for $SYBASE, $SYBASE_ASE< $SYBASE_O...

ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server
Hi, ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server is probably not su^pported by Sybase but is it possible to install ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server ? Does it properly works ? thanks! > Hi, > ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server is probably not > su^pported by Sybase but is it possible to install ASE > 12.0 on a windows 2003 server ? Does it properly works ? > > thanks! Hi, I am also facing the same problem. Can the latest ASE 12.5x work under Win 2003 ? Regards, Others have installed ASE 12.0 and 12.5.0.x on Win 2003 and reported success. However, only 12.5.0....

ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server
I found lots of related posts but nothing specific to my problem. We installed ASE12.0 on Win 2003 and we cannot get it started from the Service Manager. Does not even write anything to the Sybase errorlog. Just get a pop up window saying failed to start service. Starts from a command line using the run.bat file just fine. We are running ebf 10395. I know its old, we're planning to go to 12.5.2 but I need to get this running first. Anyone come across this? Ray DiMarcello Ray.DiMarcello@us.ing.com Ray DiMarcello wrote: > I found lots of related posts but noth...

ASE 15.0.2
Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred. Thanks You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, or any other open server product. In order to connect to an ODBC target, your only option is ECDA. "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub... > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and > comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway)...

Web resources about - ASE 12 & ASE 15 compatibility with Windows Server 2003 - sybase.ase.backup+recovery

Astrological compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Android Design in Action: Sleep Monitors and Backward Compatibility - YouTube
Join Nick Butcher, Adam Koch and Roman Nurik as they discuss various elements of Android Design. This week, we'll take a look at the sleep monitor ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Xbox One finally finds its feet with backwards compatibility, games-focused dashboard
... snappy video game system. On Friday Microsoft began rolling out the biggest software update yet to its Xbox One console, adding backwards compatibility ...

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Lego teases updated Mindstorms EV3 with new Linux firmware, infrared, and iOS compatibility
... that it will launch an updated Mindstorms EV 3 kit later this year that runs new Linux firmware with out-of-the box iOS and Android compatibility. ...