About translate the data from big size database to small size database! thanks.

Hi:
  My server is Sybase 11.5 for NT4(called 'a machine'),because something
reasons,i create a new database on other machine(called 'b machine'), and
made the size different with 'a machine'.then load the .DMP file from 'a
machine' into 'b machine'. now , i want to decrease 'b machine'
database(device) size. how can i do? or how do migrate the data tables into
a different size, some tables use identity data type!
  Another question is : How can i make a dual server, except mirror.

thanks

0
Rich
6/5/2001 12:27:00 PM
sybase.ase.backup+recovery 1120 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Rich,

 You can only load database into either an equal or larger size of database.
Not only the size should match the segment should be mapped exactly too. To
load a bigger database into smaller size database you will have to  bcp out the
data table by table and the bcp in the data into the smaller database.

I do not understand your dual server question. Can you be more explicit?

Thanks
Alka

Rich wrote:

> Hi:
>   My server is Sybase 11.5 for NT4(called 'a machine'),because something
> reasons,i create a new database on other machine(called 'b machine'), and
> made the size different with 'a machine'.then load the .DMP file from 'a
> machine' into 'b machine'. now , i want to decrease 'b machine'
> database(device) size. how can i do? or how do migrate the data tables into
> a different size, some tables use identity data type!
>   Another question is : How can i make a dual server, except mirror.
>
> thanks

0
Terry

Database Size Estimation same as actual data size?
Hi, I want to estimate the size of a database from the table structure and the estimated data volume. Example : A table has a structure as shown below : CWLL_MAIN ( ID int, MO char(15), Ctr1 int, Ctr2 int, ... Ctr100 int ) go Create clustered index idx1 on CWLL_MAIN(ID, MO) go The Total size per row = 4+15+100*4 = 419 Bytes. Estimated Rows in table= 1000000 Can we say that the table size = 1000000*419 bytes ? Does sybase stores the data in compressed format or directly stores ? Thanks in Advance Regards Vasanth Vasanth wrote: > ...

create database seem to use the old data size and log size
ASE 12.5.0.1 Unix I drop the database TEST which had data size 21M and log size 6M I then create the same database in isql as: create database TEST on dev12=80 log on dev14=20 go return status = 0 I did a sp_helpdb TEST it show the db_size is 27M, device fragments for data is 21M and log is 6M What happen to the rest of the space? How to fix it? > ASE 12.5.0.1 > Unix > > I drop the database TEST which had data size 21M and log > size 6M > > I then create the same database in isql as: > create databas...

Database size is too big
Our company is using a Sql anywhere ver 5.5.03 with 21 licenses. The database includes all the production data inside. The problem is it keeps grow and now the speed is really low and takes long time to process a request. We have 1 year data inside it, and now the database size is 48.7MB already( the log file was set to be truncated everyday) . I don't know what size is too big to the sql anywhere database, and I am afraid it will crupt one day since sometimes some request was halt there and I need to restart the database server. Another problem is We should have 3 years...

Database size too big!
Our Database file is 6.9GB and it is growing. We never added dbspaces when the DB file reached 2GB. So there is only one dbspace(SYSTEM). In the Sybase sql anywhere user guide under size and limitation it says that the database size limits to 2GB per file, 12 files per database. Do you think that the database performance will degrade because we haven't added any dbspaces/ thank you No -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm ...

Database size Vs offiles folder size
I made a gwcheck to check the user databases and if I add all user databases size, it gives me 130GB. But, only in offiles folder, there are more than 200GB. Does it mean that there are files with no owner? How can I maintain that? We need more free space on that volume, actually it has less than 15% of free space. Thankyou! FM Fabio, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: -...

Sharepoint Max size limits (database size)
Hi, The call to create a sharepoint site takes a uint, which limits the max sharepoint size to about 3300MB (so nothing larger then 3.3gig). This is a major problem for us, and i was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround.  Eric...

how can i estimate the size of a database backup or transaction backup file?(empty)
If you execute an sp_helpdb <database>, you will see how much space is occupied on your database, so that space will be size of your backup. ...

how can i estimate the size of a database backup or transaction backup file?(empty)
Use sp_helpdb <dbname> This will show you how much space is used/free in your database. Once you calculate how much space is used that will give you a 'rough' estimate of the size of your database dump. You can use the same method to estimate the size of a transaction log dump. Calculate your space used by using the logsements shown in sp_helpdb. Shawn Enderlin DBA Chronimed, Inc. "fromeast" <none@none> wrote in message news:kvEnVcGUBHA.360@forums.sybase.com... > > > Thanks a lot! But: I perform the command sp_helpdb yz...

database page size too big
Hi, We are using the ASA 9.0.1.1899 version with .Net as the front end. I am using the ASA client utility provided by Sybase to intract with the database. recently we got the error like "database page size too big " due to this we are not able to open the application. I just need a way to resolve this issue. kindly help me to solve this issue. Expecting the reply. Regards, David. David wrote: > We are using the ASA 9.0.1.1899 version with .Net as the > front end. I am using the ASA client utility provided by > Sybase to intract with the database. recently we ...

Page size too small for this database
I am running a test ASA server version 8.0.1.3044 on a Novell Netware server running version 5.00.09. The ASA server contains three databases, one is 240MB and the other two are less than 1.5MB due to testing. They all use a page size of 2048 bytes. When starting up the server we get the following message 'Page size too small for this database' It does not crash the server or anything and I can get to the databases. Why am I getting this message? Does it describe one of the databases or all three? What should I do about it? Thanks. The following is the co...

database size after deleting data
After deleting data from most of the tables the database file size remained the same. So I'm asking is there any way to shrink the file size without droping the tables? 23.12.2010 11:07, Sa�a Tintor wrote: > After deleting data from most of the tables the database file size remained > the same. > So I'm asking is there any way to shrink the file size without droping the > tables? Unload/reload. Dropping tables would not help. Dmitri. Just to add to Dmitri's suggestion: Deleting data doesn't shrink the file size for performance reasons - ...

Database Logs Size After Backup
Is the following scenario noarmal behavior? I am using ASA 7.03 on Solaris. I have a database called production.db with a corresponding log file named production.log I am backing up the log file every hour so that it doesn't grow too big. I am issuing the dbbackup command with the -q (quiet) -t (log file only) -y (overwrite without confirm) and -x (delete and restart the log file) Now, here is what I am seeing: The log file prior to backup is 196608 Bytes The backed up copy of the log file is only about 20K (It varies with what transactions have transpired) ...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

why the size of the database become bigger when I deleted all rows of the database
I used sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 database to store some pictures in a long binary field , the database file became very big soon , when I want to shrink the size of the database file , I deleted all rows , however the database file became bigger (In this database I didn't use a log file),who can tell me why ? Thanks! Bo, Deleted rows are not removed until you rebuild the database. I don't know why the database got bigger, but I'm sure that if you rebuild the database, it will physically remove the deleted rows. Richard Bo Song wrote in message +ADw-3733CA2D.7D...

Web resources about - About translate the data from big size database to small size database! thanks. - sybase.ase.backup+recovery

File:Google Translate.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This image is a screenshot of a copyrighted web page , and the copyright for it is most likely held by owner of the website. It may also contain ...

Report: Success On The Field For MLB Teams Translates Into Success On Facebook
Success on the field translates into success in terms of adding Facebook likes for Major League Baseball teams, according to a new analysis from ...

CSS Hat translates Photoshop layer styles to CSS3
This will be a huge hit. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Facebook-connected fitness apps translate into real life success
Fitness applications are growing in popularity — largely because they work well, especially when a user connects the app to their Facebook account. ...

Twitter Blog: It takes a community to translate Twitter
Twitter Blog It takes a community to translate Twitter 5355886907516812597 Monday, August 01, 2011 Twitter celebrated its first non-English launch ...

Translate Text into spoken voice in a foreign language with myLanguage Translator Pro for iPhone, iPod ...
Get Translate Text into spoken voice in a foreign language with myLanguage Translator Pro on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

translate suggest - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore jensminor's photos on Flickr. jensminor has uploaded 1567 photos to Flickr.

Ford, Domino's, Dell, Others Work to Translate the Language of Emojis
Dell employed them for back-to-school marketing, Ford used them to promote its latest Focus model, and Domino's has invested in them to revolutionize ...

Star Wars’ Aurebesh joins Google Translate
... seriousness. The latest - and for some what may be the greatest - is none other than adding the language of Star War's universe to Google Translate. ...

BBC to machine-translate TV news into Japanese and Russian
The BBC has announced that it's now piloting "virtual voiceover" technology , which will be used to automatically translate TV reports into Japanese. ...