connect by powerbuilder

I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it
by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your
current installation "

how I do to solve it ?

I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 .
thank you!
0
devid

devid wrote...
> I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it
> by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your
> current installation "
>
> how I do to solve it ?
>
> I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 .

This means that you don't have the drivers set up right.  I don't remember if this is a
problem on the PB side or the ASE side, but I think it's PB.  I have had this error before
in PB.
Can you connect to other ASE servers?
If you run DSEDIT.EXE can you ping the 12.5 server from your workstation?
Are you sure you have set up the PB connection properly?
Can you establish an ODBC connection to ASE 12.5 from PB?
Post the [Database] section of your PB.INI file.  That will help.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant
Sybase Professional Services
0
Jim
8/21/2001 1:54:15 PM
after I find this problem , I reinstall pb6.5 , this problem still exist. I
can run DSEDIT.EXE to ping the 12.5 server from your workstation , this is
succucced .
when I config a odbc database source , I don't  succucced .
please help me !
0
devid
8/22/2001 1:44:45 AM
devid wrote...
> after I find this problem , I reinstall pb6.5 , this problem still exist. I
> can run DSEDIT.EXE to ping the 12.5 server from your workstation , this is
> succucced .
> when I config a odbc database source , I don't  succucced .
> please help me !

What is the name and version of the ODBC driver you're configuring?
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant
Sybase Professional Services
0
Jim
8/22/2001 2:55:19 AM
thank you!
I have solve it . I copy  $sybase$\OCS-12_5\dll \lib*.dll to
$winnt$system32\  , ok!
this is odbc version problem . how I know odbc version ?
0
devid
8/22/2001 9:10:36 AM
devid wrote...
> thank you!
> I have solve it . I copy  $sybase$\OCS-12_5\dll \lib*.dll to
> $winnt$system32\  , ok!
> this is odbc version problem . how I know odbc version ?

1. Right mouse click on the ODBC driver.  I should have told you that the name of the file
is SYODASE.DLL and it is located in %sybase%\ODBC-3_5.  Mine says it is 3.60.0.5.
OR
2. Open ODBC Administrator and click on the Drivers tab page and scroll down to the Sybase
ASE ODBC Driver.  If it isn't there then you know the driver isn't installed properly.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant
Sybase Professional Services
0
Jim

Powerbuilder and connecting to ASE
Hello Everybody If I do a full install of JUST Powerbuilder on a Windows PC, should I be able to connect to an Adaptive Server Enterprise database? I've got somebody telling me than I can, but I'm pretty sure myself that I would need to install client software from the ASE install disks in order to be able to do this. PowerBuilder Enterprise includes a Sybase ASE wire-protocol ODBC driver from Data Direct Technologies that does not require ASE client software. On 4 Feb 2005 07:34:32 -0800, paul_james wrote: >Hello Everybody > >If I do a full install of JU...

PowerBuilder connection to ASE
Hi, what is the necessary and best software to connect from PowerBuilder to ASE server. I managed to connect using ODBC as well as OpenClient, but I'd like to use the most reliable. Recently I worked on the project with Oracle databese server and used native drivers. I think the native drivers are most reliable and most compatible with the DBMS, aren't they??? Are OpenClient native driver for ASE? Arkus Yes Open Client is native for ASE Just make ssure u use correct versions arkadiusz.kubach@neotek.pl wrote... > Hi, > what is the necessary and best software...

PowerBuilder to ASE connection problem.
Hi Everyone, I am new to ASE as I'd been used to ASA. But this time, I need to migrate to ASE. I am using PowerBuilder. As being new, I am still running ASE on WindowsXP. I have installed it successfully and I created a server successfully. Now, I want to connect my PB App into it, I tried creating Connection Profile. And this is what I got: "Unable to load the requested database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." How to I resolve that? Many thanks to any help. Regards, Neil Hello, If you have success...

ASE Connectivity with PowerBuilder Problem
Hello!! I have a Professional PowerBuilder version and I can't open the Adaptive Server session, because I don't have the enterprise version, do you have anyone PowerBuilder path for this connectivity type. Thanks, Regards, ...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Why Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error occurs when connecting to ASE DB
Hi I created a connection cache for ASE 12.5 database with the following properties in connection cache tabs. I am able to ping the database succssfully. Server name = jdbc:sybase:Tds:client50:6500/iob Driver = com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver In the PB component, I used the following syntax to connect the database. SQLCA.DBMS = "JDB" SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='Test'" but the following error thrown in the srv.log SQLDBCODE: 999 SQLERRTEXT: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error What could be reason for the above error? T...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

MSDE Connection occasionally does not work until connection with Administrator account.
We recently migrated our website from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Standard Server. We had absolutely no problems with the Website until the migration to 2003. The website was developed with Visual Studio 2003, and we used MSDE SP3a to host the database. The database is configured for integrated domain authentication and consists of only 5 tables. Users are explicitly granted only the required access permission's to each table. The problem is that occasionally ( 3 to 4 times per day ) users are unable to connect to the certain tables in the database from the website. They recei...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Connection from PowerBuilder
I tried a connection to a server NT with ASA 6.0 from a client with PowerBuilder 5.003 or 6.5 via ODBC drivers and I have this message error : sqlstate=S0801 [SYBASE] ODBC Driver [Adaptative Server Anywhere] communication link failure : communication error. Any suggestions ? Gilles ARNAL. ...

ASE Connection
Hi All, I am having problems creating an ASE connection profile in PB(7.0.3). PBSYC70.dll is in the shared folder but PB still tells me it cannot load the drivers. Any ideas? thanks dave 1) Do you have open client installed? Is it in the path? Do you have a SYBASE environment set properly? 2) Is PBSYC70.DLL in the path? (I am just checking and assume that this is not the problem) /ck "Dave Larkins" <davidl@mint.net> wrote in message news:DOmtyoVYBHA.361@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All, > > I am having problems creating an ASE connectio...

not connected when I am connected

Connections in PowerBuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes I answered this in another section. Please don't cross-post. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:51:47 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes@sem@con.se> wrote: >Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time >against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or >more) connections? >...

Web resources about - connect by powerbuilder - sybase.ase.administration

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles