Can't allocate space for object 'temp work table'

Hi,

When we are trying to execute a query from isql using an input file we
are getting the output. Whereas when same query is executed from the
fromend we are getting the following error.

Can't allocate space for object 'temp work table' in database tempdb
because system segment is full has no free extents. If you ran out of
space in syslogs, dump the transaction log, otherwise use Alter Database
or sp_extendsegment to increase size.

When I checked tempdb database details, the following is the output. 100
MB of space is left on that database and why am I getting this error.
What should I be doing in this case.

 name                     db_size       owner                    dbid
         created
         status

 ------------------------ ------------- ------------------------ ------
        --------------

------------------------------
 tempdb                        102.0 MB sa                            2
         Jan 18, 2002
         select into/bulkcopy/pllsort

(1 row affected)
 device_fragments               size          usage                free
kbytes
 ------------------------------ ------------- --------------------
-----------
 master                         2.0 MB        data and
log                1200
 tempdb                         100.0 MB      data and log
102384

TIA,
Savvy

0
Savitha

Savitha,

Apparently Sybase is trying to create work tables on the 'system'
segment (Why?  I do not know. I think 'default' would be more appropriate
place)
and you do not have that segment on the 'tempdb' device
only on the 'master' device  (check it using sp_helpsegment 'system' for
example).
In that case you need to extend 'system' segment to that 'tempdb'
device in your 'tempdb' db like below:
EXEC sp_extendsegment 'system','tempdb','tempdb'
go

HTH,
Eugene

"Savitha M.S." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When we are trying to execute a query from isql using an input file we
> are getting the output. Whereas when same query is executed from the
> fromend we are getting the following error.
>
> Can't allocate space for object 'temp work table' in database tempdb
> because system segment is full has no free extents. If you ran out of
> space in syslogs, dump the transaction log, otherwise use Alter Database
> or sp_extendsegment to increase size.
>
> When I checked tempdb database details, the following is the output. 100
> MB of space is left on that database and why am I getting this error.
> What should I be doing in this case.
>
>  name                     db_size       owner                    dbid
>          created
>          status
>
>  ------------------------ ------------- ------------------------ ------
>         --------------

> ------------------------------
>  tempdb                        102.0 MB sa                            2
>          Jan 18, 2002
>          select into/bulkcopy/pllsort
>
> (1 row affected)
>  device_fragments               size          usage                free
> kbytes
>  ------------------------------ ------------- --------------------
> -----------
>  master                         2.0 MB        data and
> log                1200
>  tempdb                         100.0 MB      data and log
> 102384
>
> TIA,
> Savvy

0
Eugene
1/24/2002 3:48:34 PM
tempdb is not big enough to hold the table, remember that logging is held on
the same segments s the data.  You should make tempdb bigger with a simple
alter db command.

HTH

Matt
"Savitha M.S." <savvy@sasken.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When we are trying to execute a query from isql using an input file we
> are getting the output. Whereas when same query is executed from the
> fromend we are getting the following error.
>
> Can't allocate space for object 'temp work table' in database tempdb
> because system segment is full has no free extents. If you ran out of
> space in syslogs, dump the transaction log, otherwise use Alter Database
> or sp_extendsegment to increase size.
>
> When I checked tempdb database details, the following is the output. 100
> MB of space is left on that database and why am I getting this error.
> What should I be doing in this case.
>
>  name                     db_size       owner                    dbid
>          created
>          status
>
>  ------------------------ ------------- ------------------------ ------
>         --------------

> ------------------------------
>  tempdb                        102.0 MB sa                            2
>          Jan 18, 2002
>          select into/bulkcopy/pllsort
>

> (1 row affected)
>  device_fragments               size          usage                free
> kbytes
>  ------------------------------ ------------- --------------------
> -----------
>  master                         2.0 MB        data and
> log                1200
>  tempdb                         100.0 MB      data and log
> 102384
>
> TIA,
> Savvy

0
Matt

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full
Hi All, I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1 First of all, one small history: I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the problem with log of the master database. After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks Sergio ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any explanation to grow of the log master. In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful...

Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb'
Hi, I am hit with the following error. i have increased the space of tempdb and and have set the trunc log on chkpt to true also for tempdb. can any one help me? Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb' because 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the segment Track down the rogue query(s) that is filling up your tempdb database. How to do this? See if your favorite monitoring tool can c...

''''''''''''''''''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''''

Could not allocate space for object 'SiteLog' in database 'dmconsulting' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.
I recieve this error after changing my view options for events (standard DNN Module). Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object 'SiteLog' in database 'dmconsulting' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. I have emailed my site host that provides me with the Sql database. Currently I am using only 3% of my alloted space in SQL Server. I thought I would check here to see if any one has ideas. At thsi point I can not access my site. Just keep getting this error. I am newbire with DNN. I have liked what I have seen up to now. A...

Why can't change transaction object property 'Autocommit' to 'true'
I create a component in Jaguar CTS 3.5 the component create a datastore, and connect using transaction object, but I have to change the transaction object property 'autocommit' from "false" to "true", but it doesn't work......the property is still "false", can anybody tell me why? thanks a lot! Because you should never touch this. Since EAS is likely starting a transaction it is resetting this. You should look into the documentation on how EAS manages transactions. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "michael" ...

'Can't locate object method' error whenever 'Groups' is clicked
I am using Bugzilla 2.22.1 on Linux with Apache 1.3.33 and Perl 5.8.4. For the most part everything is working great, however, whenever I click on 'Groups' I get the following error: undef error - Can't locate object method "use_for" via package "Bugzilla::Group" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Template/Stash.pm line 870. Can someone please help me resolve this? Here are the Perl modules I am using: Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.63 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.25 Checki...

Can't allocate space for object 'sylogs in database....
Full Error Message: Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'sybsystemprocs' because the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use 'ALTER DATABASE' or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment. I'm not a DBA, and not sure what the error message means, but the 'dump the transaction log' seems to be slightly more attractive. I received this message several hundred times when trying to run the 'sql_server.sql' file that comes with JConnect...

Firefox doesn't work well in 'User' mode as opposed to 'Administrator' mode
Name: Dave Wintermute Email: dewin59atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox doesn't work well in 'User' mode as opposed to 'Administrator' mode Comments: Logging into my account fails on http://www.boynton-beach.org/ in User logon, but works fine in Administrator logon. Similarly, loggin into my account at wireless.att.com fails in the User logon, but works ok in the Administrator logon. I recently downloaded Chrome and discovered that I do not have these problems when logging into my accounts with either of the above sites. I will probably s...

Web resources about - Can't allocate space for object 'temp work table' - sybase.ase.administration