can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full

Hi All,

I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1

First of all, one small history:
I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the
problem with log of the master database.
After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added
 another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs.

Any idea about what's happening?

Thanks

Sergio

ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any
explanation to grow of the log master.
0
Sergio_CBO

In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful
logins;
this resulted in a logged updated occurring every time someone logged in
(or activated a role with a password).  CR 220970
"The transaction log for the master database may become unexpectedly
full due to incorrect passwords being repeatedly entered during server
login.", implemented in 12.0.2 ESD #1, reduced the impact of this, but
you
will still see the logs filling faster in 12.0.x than in earlier
versions.

I recommend putting a threshold on the master database's log segment to
alert
you when the log is getting full.

-bret

Sergio_CBO wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1
>
> First of all, one small history:
> I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the
> problem with log of the master database.
> After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added
>  another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs.
>
> Any idea about what's happening?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sergio
>
> ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any
> explanation to grow of the log master.
0
Bret
3/5/2003 2:04:04 PM
Hi Bret,

Thanks for your support.

Can you explain the reasons about why the logs filling faster in 12.0.x
than in earlier versions?

Thanks again for your assistence.

Best Regards,

Sergio
0
Sergio_CBO
3/5/2003 9:00:45 PM
ASE 12.0 is doing additional logging whenever
a password is used that previous versions were not doing.

-bret

Sergio_CBO wrote:

> Hi Bret,
>
> Thanks for your support.
>
> Can you explain the reasons about why the logs filling faster in 12.0.x
> than in earlier versions?
>
> Thanks again for your assistence.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Sergio
0
Bret

Web resources about - can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full - sybase.ase.administration