Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?

when I run system procedure,I got following messages :

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the
'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the
transaction log.
Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of
thesegment.
Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'.  You may
be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may
want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE
command.

thanks.
0
allan

allan wrote...
> when I run system procedure,I got following messages :
>
> Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the
> 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the
> transaction log.
> Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of
> thesegment.
> Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'.  You may
> be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may
> want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE
> command.
>
> thanks.

It sounds like your tempdb is too small or you're trying to do too much for the configured
space.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
August 12th - 16th, San Diego
0
Jim
7/13/2001 5:55:39 AM
I restart database and increase tempdb.Now it is OK.
Thank your reply.
0
allan

allan
7/13/2001 6:31:21 AM
You need to increase space for the segments/db.
If your data and log are on the same device, then, you may need to check if
your log is filling up, and dump if if necessary.
// To check log space usage
sp_spaceused syslogs

allan wrote:

> when I run system procedure,I got following messages :
>
> Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the
> 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the
> transaction log.
> Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of
> thesegment.
> Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'.  You may
> be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may
> want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE
> command.
>
> thanks.

0
Ivan

Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb'
Hi, I am hit with the following error. i have increased the space of tempdb and and have set the trunc log on chkpt to true also for tempdb. can any one help me? Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb' because 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the segment Track down the rogue query(s) that is filling up your tempdb database. How to do this? See if your favorite monitoring tool can c...

can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full
Hi All, I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1 First of all, one small history: I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the problem with log of the master database. After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks Sergio ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any explanation to grow of the log master. In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until recently. Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache? I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy) Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern matters Using about:cache Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB Offline cache device Number of entries: 0 Maximum storage size: 512000 KiB Storage in use: 0 KiB Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d9ws2fua.default\OfflineCache Checking that general folder area, There is a \profiles\xxccvv\cache folder - ITS EMPTY, even after visiting several ebay links Using about:cache?device=memory Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB using about:cache?device=disk Information about the Cache Service No Other response on the screen for this attempt Using...

Could not allocate space for object 'SiteLog' in database 'dmconsulting' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.
I recieve this error after changing my view options for events (standard DNN Module). Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object 'SiteLog' in database 'dmconsulting' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. I have emailed my site host that provides me with the Sql database. Currently I am using only 3% of my alloted space in SQL Server. I thought I would check here to see if any one has ideas. At thsi point I can not access my site. Just keep getting this error. I am newbire with DNN. I have liked what I have seen up to now. A...

Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff...
Name: William Jones Email: jbillyjonesatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff... Comments: Hello Again FireFox, Listen...I'm just a simple guy, a 'dial-up baby boomer' who's had to learn the hard way all the way through. I recently sent a similar e-mail requesting assistance with this ridiculous and incessant 'pop up' that informs me that 'my connection has been reset', and/or, 'a problem locating page'....huh? I was just on the damn thing and even switching from one ...

'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' can not be opened.
hello, my colleague have developed an application under c++ builder 5. so now i should undertake it and optimize it. last days i have installed the C++ Builder 2010 testversion to get some experience on it, because i have not used it before. when i try to compile the old project in C++ builder 2010, comes some Compile errors. Also, there are some Includes like 'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' in this old Project. they can be found and compiled in the old c++ Builder 5. but not in c++ builder 2010. so i want to know do i solve this problem or go...

Why can't change transaction object property 'Autocommit' to 'true'
I create a component in Jaguar CTS 3.5 the component create a datastore, and connect using transaction object, but I have to change the transaction object property 'autocommit' from "false" to "true", but it doesn't work......the property is still "false", can anybody tell me why? thanks a lot! Because you should never touch this. Since EAS is likely starting a transaction it is resetting this. You should look into the documentation on how EAS manages transactions. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "michael" ...

Can't allocate space for object 'temp work table'
Hi, When we are trying to execute a query from isql using an input file we are getting the output. Whereas when same query is executed from the fromend we are getting the following error. Can't allocate space for object 'temp work table' in database tempdb because system segment is full has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log, otherwise use Alter Database or sp_extendsegment to increase size. When I checked tempdb database details, the following is the output. 100 MB of space is left on that database and why am I getting this...

'''

'Can't locate object method' error whenever 'Groups' is clicked
I am using Bugzilla 2.22.1 on Linux with Apache 1.3.33 and Perl 5.8.4. For the most part everything is working great, however, whenever I click on 'Groups' I get the following error: undef error - Can't locate object method "use_for" via package "Bugzilla::Group" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Template/Stash.pm line 870. Can someone please help me resolve this? Here are the Perl modules I am using: Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.63 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.25 Checki...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Can't allocate space for object 'sylogs in database....
Full Error Message: Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'sybsystemprocs' because the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use 'ALTER DATABASE' or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment. I'm not a DBA, and not sure what the error message means, but the 'dump the transaction log' seems to be slightly more attractive. I received this message several hundred times when trying to run the 'sql_server.sql' file that comes with JConnect...

can't find the procedure 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion''?
 I pick out  the zip files from the starter kit,and  open it with visual studio 2005, then create the database TimeTracker in sql server 2005 CTP manually. I also change the web.config file ,but when i login ,an error occurs like this: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: can't find the procedure  'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'。source errors: line 11: if (Roles.Enabled) line 12: { line 13: if (!Roles.RoleExists("ProjectAdministrator")) line 14: { line 15: Roles.CreateRole("Pr...

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

Can't compile xpcom component
I have a binary for Firefox (toolbar) that includes XPCOM_GLUE as a preprocessor directive. I am not able to compile the toolbar with XULRunner 25 Beta 1. (win32 SDK) When I compile, I'm getting this error: C2039: 'ThreadSafeAutoRefCnt' : is not a member of 'mozilla' C:\xulrunner-sdk\include\mozilla\ModuleUtils.h The problem seems to be that in nsISupportsImpl.h, the class ThreadSafeAutoRefCount is excluded if XPCOM_GLUE is defined. Is this a bug or did something change with how I need to build the component? Thanks Jim On 9/20/2013 11:34 AM, Jim Bretti ...