ASE Server Port Number

How to check an ASE server's port number (as the server is not installed by
me) ?  I don't know how to interpret the interfaces file.

Hope someone can provide hints, thanks.
0
Samsome

Hi ,

Specify which platform and also check the interfaces file whether it is
encrypted.  The best way is just do a dsedit and then select your sybase
server and u can see server port  number in that.

Bye
gops
gops@rediffmail.com
0
gops
12/18/2001 4:18:27 AM
Thanks, I've got it.
0
Samsome

ASE Server Port Numbers...
Hello!!! I am just wondering if the usual port assignment for ASE server which is 5000, could be changed to any other number. Is there any range of values that could only be assigned for use with ASE, or we can use any port number as long as no one uses the port? Thanks!!! -KNUBIL You can use any port that is not in use on your system Knubil wrote: > Hello!!! > I am just wondering if the usual port assignment for ASE > server which is 5000, could be changed to any other number. > Is there any range of values that could only be assigned for > use with ASE, or...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE 15.0.2
Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred. Thanks You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, or any other open server product. In order to connect to an ODBC target, your only option is ECDA. "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub... > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and > comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway)...

ASE 11.5 on same server as ASE 12.5?
Anyone have 11.5 running on same server as 12.5 on NT? Would not be concerned to do this in Solaris as I am on an NT 4.0 Box sp6. Any known gotchas or issues? Going to take toni's advise in earlier posting on doing the 11.5 install as a seperate user on the server already running 12.5 just fine. Hope this wilkl take care of env vars??? We have one app that the company who developed it will no longer support us on newer versions of Sybase as a result this one crucial app must stay up and running on 11.5 while we allow the rest of our company to progress forward to 12.5 an...

changing port number ASE
Hi, I need to change the port number of ASE , how can be done ??( no entry for port number in cfg file) Isabella, You need shutdown your ASE server, edit the entry in the interfaces file on the ASE server's host and restart the ASE server. When it starts, it will use the new port number in the edited interfaces file. Don't forget to change the port number in all the client interfaces files as well. Cheers Raymond > Hi, > I need to change the port number of ASE , how can be > done ??( no entry for port number in cfg file) > Hi,...

ASE eval and port number?
Hi, I just received the ASE 11.5 eval disc and am having some trouble setting up the port number and transport protocol. I've used SQL server on UNIX extensively, and am new to the NT version. I've installed the server on an NT box and accepted the defaults. I need to access it from a Win95 machine. What application do I use to to configure the client for access to the remote server. Apologies for the boneheaded question. Just getting used to the new server platform. Thanks, Tim ...

How to flush ASE defualt data cache without restart ASE server?
I want to test the io of some sql. Thanks every one! Try running the following for each table you wish to 'flush' from cache: ====================== use <dbname> go -- for each table in question: sp_unbindcache <dbname>,<table_name> go ====================== See the reference manual for more details regarding the sp_unbindcache stored proc. binlib wrote: > I want to test the io of some sql. > > Thanks every one! Thank you Mark! > Try running the following for each table you wish to > 'flush' from cache: > ...

ASE 12 & ASE 15 compatibility with Windows Server 2003
Hi, We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those databases from different geographic locations. We also connect to those databases via Citrix server. At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows 2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows 2003. Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE 12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003. Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases. Kindly advise. Thanks! Regards, Velu Hi, You can use Sybase's certificati...

why does ASE always prompt " Warning: There is no valid license for ASE server product"
Dear all: I installed Sybase 12.0 on HP-UX 11.0 ,When Sybase is starting ,It always promt the fllow messages: ASE_SERVER_ERROR: 00:00000:00000:2000/11/27 06:31:17.10 kernel Warning: There is no valid license for ASE server product. Server is booting with all the option features disabled. 00:00000:00000:2000/11/27 06:31:17.28 kernel Using config area from primary master device. 00:00000:00000:2000/11/27 06:31:17.30 kernel Configuration Error: Configuration file, '/home/sybase/othp.cfg', does not exist. 00:00000:00000:2000/11/27 06:31:17.33 kernel Warning: A con...

Web resources about - ASE Server Port Number - sybase.ase.administration

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Intel: Deutsche Bank Models Altera Contribution to Server Biz
Shares of Intel ( INTC ) are down 35 cents, or 1%, at $34.63, after the company this morning announced the formal closing of its $17 billion ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server
Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server

Inventec becomes largest server ODM/OEM, says paper
Inventec has become the world's largest server ODM/OEM with a global market share of about 30% and clients including Hewlett-Packard, Dell and ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...