ASE Database and User Creation

Hi

I just downloaded the ASE Developer version

I wanted to create TAbles,Procedures and Users here

I am not sure how to create them

Where can i create the Tables rather

Databases,Tables,User etc in ASE

Please help me

Thanks in Advance
Mahendra
0
Mahendra

Mahendra.K wrote...
> Hi
>
> I just downloaded the ASE Developer version
>
> I wanted to create TAbles,Procedures and Users here
>
> I am not sure how to create them
>
> Where can i create the Tables rather
>
> Databases,Tables,User etc in ASE

There are three tools provided with ASE that will allow this.  The first is ISQL.  It is a
command line tool so there is no GUI involved.  The second is SQL Advantage.  It is a step
up from ISQL and also allows you to execute SQL commands.  The last is Sybase Central.  It
is a GUI that allows you to build all database objects.  For ASE 12.5 Sybase Central is a
Java application.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]

0
Jim

ASE and ASE

ASE to ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

User database on RSSD ASE
A simple question (I hope) for the Rep Server experts. Can you see any harm in creating a small user database on the RSSD ASE? We have Rep Server and the RSSD ASE on the same box, and I want to use the Extended File Option of ASE to make an external file on this machine available to a query, but don't know if I should create another ASE (seems like overkill) to achieve this. Is it safe to have the RSSD and another db on the same server? TIA, Don Don, That's fine. -- Thanks, G.Carter Sybase Replication Server Engineering mailto:greg.carter@workmail.com ...

I've this dump of a database, dumped from an ASE 12 system. I now want to load that on on to an ASE 11.9.2 system. Is this possible and how? It would really make my replication ASE 12 -> ASE 11.9.2 easier... /T Hi, IMHO there is no work around to loading a higher version onto a lower one! Tobbe wrote: I've this dump of a database, dumped from an ASE 12 system. I now want to load that on on to an ASE 11.9.2 system. Is this possible and how? It would really make my replication ASE 12 -> ASE 11.9.2 easier... /T ...

Hi, is it possible to load database dump from a 32bit ASE 12.5 into a 64bit ASE 12.5 and vice versa? Thank you for your help in advance. Best Regards, Marco Stroech ______________________________________________________ Marco Stroech Databases AOL Deutschland � Millerntorplatz 1 � 20359 Hamburg � Germany +49 (40) 36159-7454 � fax: +49 (40) 36159-7460 voice/fax@aol: +49 (40) 3603-444444 mstroech@aol.com Marco Stroech wrote: > is it possible to load database dump from a 32bit ASE 12.5 into a 64bit ASE > 12.5 and vice versa? You can go from the 32bit vers...

Download Database from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 11.0.2 ?
Dear All: We have a Sybase ASE11.9.2 on Window NT, and we already run some application on it about 6 months. Since the third party software we use cann't support ASE11.9.2, we must use ASE 11.0.2. Can we just backup the database of ASE11.9.2 then restore the backup database to ASE11.0.2 ? Has it any problem ? Or, We must do following procedure. 1) bcp out the data from ASE11.9.2 2) create the database on ASE11.0.2 3) bcp in the 1) data to ASE11.0.2 Can anyone tell me?? Teresa Young Teresa, The problem with dump and load is that the log format in 11.9.2 is much diff...

Transferring database ASE 11.9.2 -> ASE 11.5
Hello, I need to transfer a database from a ASE 11.9.2 server to a ASE 11.5 server. (Servers have the same specs and run Windows NT 4.0). The database doesn't have many objects such as tables, users, Views, SP's etc. etc. It has a 400 MB device for data and 100 MB Device for the log, with standard segmentation. It's relatively small. I understand from this newsgroup that dumping on a newer release and loading on an older release is not an option. Now I figure I have to do the following: - Create a data and a log device with similar names and sizes on the ASE 11.5 se...

Fail to online database(ASE 12.5->ASE 15.0 developer)
Hi Everyone, Could you please help me to take a look at the error? It happened when I want to online databse, I can load database successfully:-), but failed to online...... I backup up the database from ASE 12.5, and restore it to ASE 15.0 developer... 1> online database AdventureWorksDW 2> go Started estimating recovery log boundaries for database 'AdventureWorksDW'. Database 'AdventureWorksDW', checkpoint=(15436, 11), first=(15436, 11), last=(15436, 11). Completed estimating recovery log boundaries for database 'AdventureWorksDW'. Started ANA...

Can we restore a database on ASE 11.0.3 which was on ASE 11.0.2 ?
Hi, I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2. Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ? Thanks very much. -- Have a nice day. Raphael Lignier Escalation Support Engineer ASCEND COMMUNICATIONS GIS - Sophia-Antipolis On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:02:30 -0800, Raphael Lignier <rlignier@ascend.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2. > >Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ? Yes, dumps are upward compatible (that is: you can load older dumps on newer servers). When conversion...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

ASE workgroup
hi, what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which systems apply workgroup or enterprise. is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX). thanks in advance ...

Web resources about - ASE Database and User Creation - sybase.ase.administration

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.