ASE Administrator - Need help

I have been working as ASE 12.5 application dba for the last 5 years. My
project was completed last month. I am interested in upgrading my skills to
system dba. I badly need some guidelines in having the necessary software at
home and some study materials.
Any help in this would be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Ramesh

0
Ramesh

Ramesh

I would say to use Sybase Manuals and Technical documents from Sybase Site .

Thanks
Akesh

"Ramesh" <rameshsrao@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
> I have been working as ASE 12.5 application dba for the last 5 years. My
> project was completed last month. I am interested in upgrading my skills
> system dba. I badly need some guidelines in having the necessary software
at
> home and some study materials.
> Any help in this would be highly appreciated.
> Regards,
> Ramesh

0
Akesh

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Courses for ASE administrator
Have previously been using ASA but now have started to use ASE. Was trying to find a comprehensive course for ASE Administration and Replication but can't afford the Sybase run courses and feel they are not suitable due to duration. Was looking for something from beginners to advanced in the US or ASIA. Basically I am a one man company that outsources 70% of development and provides services/development to small businesses in Japan. I need to know enough to act as a DBA when offshore admin/Maintanence is not possible. Would consider any geographic location except India. Would like...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Help ASE 11.9.2 Vs ASE 7.0
I use Help ASE 11.9.2 Vs ASE 7.0 with the message type file When I insert data in the consolidated data base and execute ssremote to replicate the data from adaptive server and execute ddremote to receive the data at SQL anyware it's work. The problem is when I insert data at the remote database and run dbremote to send the message to the consolidated database and run ssremote to receive the message at the consolidated database it doesn`t work. thank'you juan What does the ssremote output window show when it doesn't work? Does it not find the messages? Does ...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

ASE workgroup
hi, what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which systems apply workgroup or enterprise. is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX). thanks in advance ...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Administrative help
As I said, I'm an awful administrator. I have enough trouble remembering what I'm supposed to be doing, much less what you all are supposed to be doing. I also have about skatey-eight thousand other projects going, and on top of that I'm employed again (fortunately, its a QA related job... thaaaank youuuu Tooonnny). So I need administrative help with all this. I need someone to maintain/take responsibility for: - A list of projects and their development status and needs. - Making sure things move forward - A "this week on perl-qa" style summary...

ASE Administrator 12.5 Practice Exam
Sybase Certifications is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new ASE 12.5 Administrator - Practice Exam to prepare for professional certification. About the ASE 12.5 Administrator Certification Practice Exam: Formatted on a CD, this self-scoring exam provides the ability to see percent grade, pass/fail result, the answers you chose and the correct answers for each question, and results broken down by topic category. You can stop and score the exam at any point. Now, you can retake this practice exam as often as needed until you feel confident to proceed to the fi...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

Web resources about - ASE Administrator - Need help - sybase.ase.administration

List of Administrators and Deputy Administrators of NASA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Administrator and Deputy Administrator of NASA are the highest-ranked officials of NASA , the space agency of the United States . The Administrator ...

Dick Smith appoints McGrath Nicol as administrator
Dick Smith has gone into voluntary administration, with receivers appointed to try to claw back debt owed to the company's creditors.

Dick Smith appoints McGrath Nicol as administrator
Dick Smith has gone into voluntary administration, with receivers appointed to try to claw back debt owed to the company's creditors.

Administrators emerge as prospect for merged Sydney councils
Administrators could be running councils across Sydney and NSW for up to nine months, after the government laid down its latest timetable for ...

Dick Smith appoints McGrath Nicol as administrator
Dick Smith has gone into voluntary administration, with receivers appointed to try to claw back debt owed to the company's creditors.

Stat Of The Week: Administrators Up, Profs Down
While the typical law school has lost about five full-time faculty members over the last four years, it has gained a teaching administrator or ...

Dick Smith appoints McGrath Nicol as administrator
Dick Smith has gone into voluntary administration, with receivers appointed to try to claw back debt owed to the company's creditors.

Yale president supports administrators involved in Halloween email - Business Insider Deutschland
Yale President Peter Salovey voiced his support of two administrators involved in a Halloween email controversy.

EPA's regional administrator resigns amid outrage over Flint water crisis
Michigan town has started a chemical process it hopes will eventually stop the lead that poisoned its water, but not everyone is convinced

Yale Alumni Fundraising To Send Pro-Free Speech Book To Administrators, Faculty And Students
Yale Alumni Fundraising To Send Pro-Free Speech Book To Administrators, Faculty And Students