Question for Database Connection

My configurations:
Appeon 6.5 for weblogic
weblogic 10.3.3 for windows

I have create a datasource in weblogic, it used userid 'ma'.
In my pb code , user 'mb' is used to connect to database.
SQLCA corresponds to jndi of datasource.
My question is :After success deployed , which userid is
used by my application?
0
dxy
1/13/2011 3:47:13 PM
sybase.appeon 804 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Database connection question
Is it better to connect to the database and disconnect on every page or just connect once in the beginning and disconnect only when the user closes the web site? Why???RegardsPartha MandayamSr Prog AnalystKaiser Permanente Normally good coding practices say you should close your connections within the method, event, function or sub that the connection is happening in. I believe the .net framework by default does some caching of data and uses connection pooling to decrease the data retrieval work. Closing your connections is especially important if you're using something like an access dat...

Database Connections Question
I am evaluating Jaguar CTS. Although I read the documentation on connection caches, I still don't understand how they are supposed to work. I have a java applet that uses a Jaguar server component to query the database. In my server component I create an instance of JCMCache and get a connection from it. When I'm done with the query I clean up my statement and release my connection. However, when I look at my database's user sessions, I still see an active session exists. The session does not go away unless I manually disconnect it, or shutdown the Jaguar server. W...

database connection question
pb 8 / win xp hello all. I am using a pb v8.0 application which connects to a ms access 2007 database , retrieves data into an excel sheet and does some manipulations. currently its using an ODBC driver to connect to the access database. I would like to know if there is a way to connect to the MS Access db using a DAO object. let me know if its possible. thanks in advance in other words i am trying to connect to the database using ole db. can anyone suggst me a source where I can know more on using oledb for connecting to ms access db. thanks > pb 8 / win xp ...

Question about Database Connections
I seem to be having difficulty with database connections. I guess my first question deals with a form that reads three different tables from an access database and loads information based on these tables into a web form. Currently I have 1 connection to the database, which brings in a record from (lets say), tblA. Then I close that connection. I open another connection to the same database, then I read tblB. I then close that connection and open another connection (again to the same Database), to read tblC then I close that connection. So my first question is...Do I need to ope...

Database connection question
Hello, i am new to mobile developemnt and was wondering if i could get some help. i am getting the error below, and i have a strong feeling it cos i havent imported/added the right library/class. what library/class(S) do i need to add to my code so that i can make sql database connections, or database connections in general. Thanks in advance. K Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type...

Database Connection Question
Hello, I have a web form to collect data from users. The data will go to 4 different tables. I have code like: string insertCmd1 = "insert into table1..."; SqlCommand myCommand1 = new SqlCommand(insertCmd1, myConn); ...... so I have 4 SqlCommand. I am just wondering which connection way is better and has less traffic between web server and DB server. 1. myConn.Open(); myCommand1.ExecuteNonQuery(); myCommand2.ExecuteNonQuery(); myCommand3.ExecuteNonQuery(); myCommand4.ExecuteNonQuery(); myConn.Close(); 2. myCommand1.Connection.Open(); ...

Database Connection Question
I am currently attempting to integrate a Hit Counter to the site that has the following ascx file.  I am unable to get a DB connection no matter how I modify the objConnection portion.  The site is using the standard "Personal" connection on the development PC and the modified connection string for Go Daddy, both working well without the Hit Counter portion. Public Display As String  ' {TEXT|images|none} Sub Page_Load(Source As Object, E As EventArgs)  Dim strFileName   As String  Dim objConnection As SqlConnection &nb...

Appeon and connecting to database
I have some existing PFC-based PB applications, connecting to a database ASE. I am trying to convert one of them to Appeon, using Appeon Xcelerator and replacing all the PFC files with their Appeon counterparts. I can see the application running in the browser, and this is already good. But, there is no communication with the database: when there is a pfc_retrieve(), or an inline SELECT statement, I receive an error message saying can't connect to database. I even tried to modify pfc_n_tr.of_connect(), to understand what is going on. I wrote this code there: *** Code begin thi...

Question about databases and their connections
Hi I got some questions concerning database and how they connect. My first book told me to do connections like this. 1. Add the connection string to the webconfig file <connectionStrings> <add name="name" connectionString="Server=localhost\SqlExpress; Database=name; Integrated Security=True" providerName ="System.Data.SqlClinet"/> </connectionStrings> and then to put this in your c# code 1 2 SqlConnection conn;3 SqlCommand comm;4 SqlDataReader reader;...

Appeon Database Connection
My client/server application uses sqlca.userid and sqlca.logpass to login. How do I make the appeon deployed application use the same input to connect to the database? My client/server application uses sqlca.userid and sqlca.logpass to login. They are both single line edits from my login window and am just using CONNECT using SQLCA. How do I make the appeon deployed application use the same input to connect to the database? Hi lisa, Appeon for .Net version (EAServer version can't support this feature)can support the dynamically set the connection cache username and passwor...

Another Database Connection Question
Using Distributed Powewrbuilder, I make connections to databases in the ConnectionBegin Event of the server application object. It means one connection per user (or one connection grabbed from the pool). Using Jaguar, I have to code connections to databases in the remote object, which would mean one connection per instance. Is it true ? I would like to grab only one connection from the connection cache per client. TIA Diego Hulse ...

Question re:- Database connections
Hi, Just a quick question. I am setting up the User Application for a 4000 user vault. I would like to plug the USER application database into a Oracle Database, as this is what the company primarily uses. The DBA's have asked how big the Database will be/grow to? Roughly does anyone know. Has anyone used Oracle for the User application and have they had any problems that I should be aware of? Thanks Pete --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings Pete, The database...

MTS database connection question
I made a MTS component with PB7. I like to make it to connect to database. After CONNECT; the window of Sybase database opens, but it is blank (white window with no text). There is no error, just the white window. The application on the client is waiting... What made I wrong? Thanks Lenus ...

Web resources about - Question for Database Connection - sybase.appeon

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...