Writing Property Editor - Access violation, kind a bug [Edit]

Hi all,

I'm writing a Property editor in Delphi 2010.

First I design and install it, after that close that package (Not closing delphi 2010) to test this editor. I opened a dummy project and put my component and click its property and my editor became visible. there is no problem untill here. So, I realized that something is wrong in editor. I close dummy project (Not closing delphi 2010) and open my property editor again, changed my codes and try to one of Compile, Buil or Install, compiler tell me that package bpl file can not be created and after that imm
ediately gives too much access violations and after all access violations messages Delphi closes itself.

My guess is, because of using property editor once (in dummy project) delphi is locking something and can not compile property editor untill reopen Delphi, Is this a Bug?

Edited by: Mustafa KALAYCI on Dec 18, 2009 12:37 AM
0
Mustafa
12/18/2009 8:38:50 AM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Actually, I must edit something. after I use my property editor on component, I can not compile any package...
0
Mustafa
12/18/2009 1:09:06 PM
<Mustafa KALAYCI> wrote in message news:195172@forums.codegear.com...

> So, I realized that something is wrong in editor. I close dummy project (Not
> closing delphi 2010) and open my property editor again, changed my codes
> and try to one of Compile, Buil or Install, compiler tell me that package bpl file
> can not be created

Right, because the IDE is still using it.

> and after that immediately gives too much access violations and after all
> access violations messages Delphi closes itself.

Uninstall the package before you recompile it.  2010 has problems compiling installed packages.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> Right, because the IDE is still using it.
>
> > and after that immediately gives too much access violations and after all
> > access violations messages Delphi closes itself.
>
> Uninstall the package before you recompile it.  2010 has problems compiling installed packages.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

thank you Remy, by the way uninstall did not solve the problem, it still says that couldnt create bpl. i hope embarcadero found a way.

Edited by: Mustafa KALAYCI on Dec 18, 2009 10:58 PM
0
Mustafa