Trying a numeric floating-point edit . . .

I'm trying to make my own floating-point numeric edit that will:
   1) work for real values of the form 9....9.9...9, no exponent, if property "AllowDec" set.
   2) work for integer values if property "AllowDec" not set.
   3) Max Length an attribute.
   4) Max Number of digits following decimal point an attribute: "NumDecimals".
   5) Negative values allowed, if property "AllowNeg" set.
   6) Not allow a value greater than MaxValue or a value less than MinValue.

The code below, "borrowed" from a web post, achieves objectives 1 through 5, above.

Questions:
  A) Does assigning to OnKeyPress in the constructor suppress the "native" OnKeyPress code of a
TEdit ???  If so, what negative consequences could this have ???
  B) Does the code in WhenKeyPress get executed before or after an OnKeyPress event associated by
the user of the TJFNumEdit ???
  C) Are all the property XXXX statements really necessary ???  Which ones could be removed, and why
???
  D) And now the 36000 dollar question: The code commented out was an unsuccessful attempt to limit
the value typed by the user to the range MinValue, MaxValue. How can I achieve this limiting ??? Is
it at all possible ????

{code}
unit JFNumEdit;

interface

uses
  Winapi.Windows, Winapi.Messages,  System.SysUtils,  System.Variants,  System.Classes,
  Vcl.Graphics,   Vcl.Controls,     Vcl.Forms,        Vcl.Dialogs,
  Vcl.StdCtrls;

type
  TJFNumEdit = class(TCustomEdit)
    constructor Create(AOwner:TComponent); override;
    destructor Destroy; override;
  private
    FAllowDec:    Boolean;
    FAllowNeg:    Boolean;
    FMaxValue:    Extended;
    FMinValue:    Extended;
    FNumDecimals: Integer;
    procedure WhenKeyPress (Sender: TObject; var Key: Char);
    procedure SeteValue      (const Value: Extended);
    procedure SetiValue      (const Value: Integer);
    procedure SetAllowDec    (const Value: Boolean);
    procedure SetAllowNeg    (const Value: Boolean);
    procedure SetMaxValue    (const Value: Extended);
    procedure SetMinValue    (const Value: Extended);
    procedure SetNumDecimals (const Value: Integer);
    function  GetiValue: Integer;
    function  GeteValue: Extended;
  public
  published
    property eValue:      Extended read GeteValue    write SeteValue;
    property iValue:      Integer  read GetiValue    write SetiValue;
    property AllowDec:    Boolean  read FAllowDec    write SetAllowDec;
    property AllowNeg:    Boolean  read FAllowNeg    write SetAllowNeg;
    property MinValue:    Extended read FMinValue    write SetMinValue;
    property MaxValue:    Extended read FMaxValue    write SetMaxValue;
    property NumDecimals: Integer  read FNumDecimals write SetNumDecimals;

    property Align;                 // Added.
    property Alignment;             // Added.
    property AlignWithMargins;      // Added.
    property Anchors;
    property AutoSelect;
    property AutoSize;
    property BevelEdges;            // Added.
    property BevelInner;            // Added.
    property BevelKind;             // Added.
    property BevelOuter;            // Added.
    property BevelWidth;            // Added.
    property BiDiMode;              // Added.
    property BorderStyle;
    property CharCase;              // Added.
    property Color;
    property Constraints;
    property Ctl3D;
    property Cursor;                // Added.
    property CustomHint;            // Added.
    property DoubleBuffered;        // Added.
    property DragCursor;
    property DragKind;
    property DragMode;
    property Enabled;
    property Font;
    property Height;                // Added.
    property HelpContext;           // Added.
    property HelpKeyword;           // Added.
    property HelpType;              // Added.
    property HideSelection;
    property ImeMode;               // Added.
    property ImeName;               // Added.
    property Left;                  // Added.
    property Margins;               // Added.
    property MaxLength;             // Added.
    property Name;                  // Added.
    property NumbersOnly;           // Added.
    property OEMConvert;            // Added.
    property ParentBiDiMode;
    property ParentColor;
    property ParentCtl3D;
    property ParentCustomHint;      // Added.
    property ParentDoubleBuffered;  // Added.
    property ParentFont;
    property ParentShowHint;
    property PasswordChar;          // Added.
    property PopupMenu;
    property ReadOnly;
    property ShowHint;
    property TabOrder;
    property TabStop;
    property Tag;                   // Added.
    property Text;
    property TextHint;              // Added.
    property Top;                   // Added.
    property Touch;                 // Added.
    property Visible;
    property Width;                 // Added.
    property OnChange;
    property OnClick;
    property OnContextPopup;        // Added.
    property OnDblClick;
    property OnDragDrop;
    property OnDragOver;
    property OnEndDock;
    property OnEndDrag;
    property OnEnter;
    property OnExit;
    property OnGesture;             // Added.
    property OnKeyDown;
    property OnKeyPress;
    property OnKeyUp;
    property OnMouseActivate;       // Added.
    property OnMouseDown;
    property OnMouseEnter;          // Added.
    property OnMouseLeave;          // Added.
    property OnMouseMove;
    property OnMouseUp;
    property OnStartDock;
    property OnStartDrag;
  end;

procedure Register;

implementation

procedure Register;
begin
  RegisterComponents('Jims Components', [TJFNumEdit]);
end;

{ TJFNumEdit }

constructor TJFNumEdit.Create (AOwner: TComponent);
begin
  inherited Create(AOwner);
  OnKeyPress := WhenKeyPress;
  Text := '0';
  AllowDec := True;
  AllowNeg := True;
end;

destructor TJFNumEdit.Destroy;
begin
  inherited Destroy;
end;

function TJFNumEdit.GeteValue: Extended;
begin
  Result := StrToFloat(Text);
end;

function TJFNumEdit.GetiValue: Integer;
var
  I:    Integer;
begin
  val(Text, Result, I);
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.SetAllowDec (const Value: Boolean);
begin
  FAllowDec := Value;
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.SetAllowNeg (const Value: Boolean);
begin
  FAllowNeg := Value;
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.SeteValue (const Value: Extended);
begin
  if (FAllowDec) then
    Text := FloatToStr(Value)
  else
    Text := IntToStr(Round(Value));
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.SetiValue (const Value: Integer);
begin
  if (not FAllowDec) then
    Text := IntToStr(Value);
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.SetMaxValue (const Value: Extended);
begin
  FMaxValue := Value;
  if ((FMaxValue < eValue) and (FMaxValue > FMinValue)) then
    eValue := FMaxValue;
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.SetMinValue (const Value: Extended);
begin
  FMinValue := Value;
  if ((FMinValue > eValue) and (FMinValue < FMaxValue)) then
    eValue := FMinValue;
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.SetNumDecimals (const Value: Integer);
begin
  FNumDecimals := Value;
end;

procedure TJFNumEdit.WhenKeyPress (Sender: TObject; var Key: Char);
var
//  New_eValue:   Extended;
//  New_iValue:   Integer;

  P:    Integer;
begin
  case Key of
    '0'..'9'  : begin
                  if (AllowDec and (Pos(FormatSettings.DecimalSeparator, Text) <> 0)) then
                    begin
                      if ((Length(Text) - Pos(FormatSettings.DecimalSeparator, Text)) =
FNumDecimals) then
                        Key := #0;
                    end;

                  if ((Length(Text) >= MaxLength) and (MaxLength > 0)) then
                    Key := #0;

//                  if (AllowDec) then
//                    begin
//                      if ((Trim(Text) <> '') and (Trim(Text) <> FormatSettings.DecimalSeparator))
then
//                        New_eValue := StrToFloat(Text)
//                      else
//                        New_eValue := 0.0;
//
//                      New_eValue := New_eValue * 10.0 + (ORD(Key) - ORD('0'));
//
//                      if (New_eValue > MaxValue) then
//                        begin
//                          Text := FloatToStr(MaxValue);
//                          Key := #0;
//                        end;
//                      if (New_eValue < MinValue) then
//                        begin
//                          Text := FloatToStr(MinValue);
//                          Key := #0;
//                        end;
//                    end
//                  else
//                    begin
//                      if (Trim(Text) <> '') then
//                        New_iValue := StrToInt(Text)
//                      else
//                        New_iValue := 0;
//
//                      New_iValue := New_iValue * 10 + (ORD(Key) - ORD('0'));
//
//                      if (New_iValue > ROUND(MaxValue)) then
//                        begin
//                          Text := IntToStr(ROUND(MaxValue));
//                          Key := #0;
//                        end;
//                      if (New_iValue < ROUND(MinValue)) then
//                        begin
//                          Text := IntToStr(ROUND(MinValue));
//                          Key := #0;
//                        end;
//                    end;
                end;

    '.',','   : if (Key = FormatSettings.DecimalSeparator) then

    #8        : ;

    #45       : if (FAllowNeg) then
                  begin
                    P := SelStart;
                    eValue := -eValue;
                    if (eValue > 0) then
                      SelStart := P - 1
                    else
                      SelStart := P + 1;
                    Key := #0;
                  end;

    else        Key := #0;

    end;
end;

end.
{code}

--
JF
0

Jim wrote:

> Does assigning to OnKeyPress in the constructor suppress the
> "native" OnKeyPress code of a TEdit ???

If yo do so, the user cannot assign their own OnKeyPress event handler, or
worse, will override your handler.  Instead, you should be overriding the
virtual KeyPress() method, and then have it call the inherited method to
trigger the user's OnKeyPress event handler, if one is assigned.

> Does the code in WhenKeyPress get executed before or after an
> OnKeyPress event associated by the user of the TJFNumEdit ???

Neither, because your use of the OnKeyPress event is exclusively separate
from the user's OnKeyPress event handler.  Only one handler can be assigned
at a time.

If you override the virtual KeyPress() method, your code will always be called
first, and then you decide when the user's handler is called, or if it is
even called at all.

> Are all the property XXXX statements really necessary ???

Yes, because you are deriving from TCustomEdit, so you have to decide which
properties you want to promote to published and which ones you do not.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> If yo do so, the user cannot assign their own OnKeyPress event handler, or
> worse, will override your handler.  Instead, you should be overriding the
> virtual KeyPress() method,

Do I declare it as follows :

procedure KeyPress (var Key: Char); override;> and then have it call the inherited method

I assume this is just insert "inherited KeyPress;" at the appropriate point before the end of the
method ??

> Neither, because your use of the OnKeyPress event is exclusively separate
> from the user's OnKeyPress event handler.  Only one handler can be assigned
> at a time.

Understood.

> If you override the virtual KeyPress() method, your code will always be called
> first, and then you decide when the user's handler is called, or if it is
> even called at all.

OK. Usually safer to call it always ??? Or would it be better to not call it if I set Key := #0; ???

>> Are all the property XXXX statements really necessary ???
>
> Yes, because you are deriving from TCustomEdit, so you have to decide which
> properties you want to promote to published and which ones you do not.

Would it be better to inherit from TEdit itself ???

And how would that change what is written already ????

--
JF (neophyte!!)
0
Jim wrote:

> Do I declare it as follows :
>
> procedure KeyPress (var Key: Char); override;

Yes.

>> and then have it call the inherited method
>
> I assume this is just insert "inherited KeyPress;" at the appropriate
> point before the end of the method ??

Yes.

> OK. Usually safer to call it always ??? Or would it be better to not
> call it if I set Key := #0; ???

Yes.

> Would it be better to inherit from TEdit itself ???

Again, that is up to you to decide, based on your particular needs.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi 2010 and Floating Point Exceptions [Edit]
Hello, I am trying to port a project from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010 and for some unknown reason, floating point exceptions are not being thrown like division by zero. I have not been able to replicate the problem in a small project so I have no examples. The try/expect is in a unit seperate from the main program unit. Here is what I have tried: {$FINITEFLOAT ON} no changes I tried the Get8087CW and Set8087CW rountines. No changes. I took out all of the code surrounding my try/except clause except for the math Example try Val1:=14.23; Val2:=0.0; Val3:=Val1/Val2; except V...

Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi) [Edit]
Is there a function to convert IBM mainframe double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point. Alain Edited by: Alain Forget on Jan 9, 2015 7:47 AM Edited by: Alain Forget on Jan 9, 2015 8:01 AM > {quote:title=Alain Forget wrote:}{quote} > Is there a function to convert IBM mainframe double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point. > Easy to write if you have the format sp...

Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi) [Edit]
Is there a function to convert IBM mainframe double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point. Alain Edited by: Alain Forget on Jan 9, 2015 7:47 AM ...

Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi) [Edit] #2
Is there a function to convert IBM mainframe double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point. Alain Edited by: Alain Forget on Jan 9, 2015 7:47 AM Edited by: Alain Forget on Jan 9, 2015 8:01 AM > {quote:title=Alain Forget wrote:}{quote} > Is there a function to convert IBM mainframe double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point. > Easy to write if you have the format sp...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Write plugin for Delphi IDE [Edit]
Hi. Is there tutorial how to write plugin for IDE (for example Delphi XE) ? I'd like to write plugin to extend menu strip and context menu (right click mouse menu) to do some actions at editor code. Edited by: Tomasz Maciejewski on Aug 12, 2012 2:52 AM Tomasz Maciejewski wrote: > Hi. Is there tutorial how to write plugin for IDE (for example Delphi > XE) ? Not for XE (where OTA was noticeably expanded) but Experts and Wizards in Delphi http://delphi.about.com/od/objectpascalide/a/wizardsexperts.htm Erik’s Open Tools API FAQ http://www.gexperts.org/open-tools-api-...

try-catch floating-point error
How can I use a try-catch block to catch a floating-point overflow? Robert Penoyer wrote: > How can I use a try-catch block to catch a floating-point overflow? See "_matherr" in help. You need to implement your own _matherr function like this: //-------------------------------- int _matherr(struct _exception *e) { AnsiString msg; switch(e->type) { case DOMAIN: msg.printf("%s: arg is not in definitional domain", e->name); break; case SING: msg.printf("%s: singularity", e->name); break; case OVERFLOW: msg....

Uninstalling a VCL and Numeric Edit Boxes
I have two questions, and will be appreciative of any help, suggestions, or advice you can provide. First and most important. How do I uninstall a VCL that I have installed, but have found that it does not work properly. The only way I have been able to do this thus far is to uninstall D2010, delete all of the Embarcadero directories, then reinstall the whole program. This seems a little extreme for something that should be somewhat easier than that. Even that does not extinguish all of the tenacles of the vcl, so it also must be in the registry, and I am afraid to mess with that. Se...

Floating point division and multiplication inaccuracies [Edit]
I am using a 3rd party image library that can display a screen image smaller than the full size image it retains in memory. I am writing a WYSIWYG user interface that allows the user to place objects on the screen image and then save the location scaled to the memory image. The Scale number is calculated from both images float Scale = MemoryImage->Height / ScreenImage->Height; typically the value ends up something like Scale = 2.39111. I use this number when I save the location coordinates to display the object when the image is reloaded. int SavedLeft = ScreenLocationLeft * Scal...

Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi)
Is there a function to convert IBM mainfraime double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point. Alain ...

Help with floating point exception please [Edit]
Hi there, I have the most annoying bug that I just cant see. I am sure it will be something blatantly obvious but I just cant see it right now! The code can be pasted in a new project and run and will give a floating point exception, but only if the line marked is not commented out. This is part of a much more complex set of classes but fortunately it can be dumbed down to make this problem happen in a test example. I would really appreciate some help as I am a little stuck. I am sure the answer is obvious and will make me say "D'OH" (slapping forehead loudly). ...

Uninstalling a VCL and Numeric Edit Boxes #2
I have two questions, and will be appreciative of any help, suggestions, or advice you can provide. First and most important. How do I uninstall a VCL that I have installed, but have found that it does not work properly. The only way I have been able to do this thus far is to uninstall D2010, delete all of the Embarcadero directories, then reinstall the whole program. This seems a little extreme for something that should be somewhat easier than that. Even that does not extinguish all of the tenacles of the vcl, so it also must be in the registry, and I am afraid to mess with that. Se...

How to debug VCL core module in Delphi [Edit]
Hi, all. One of the Delphi programming strength is that VCL source code is opened compared with other compiler. Somtimes, I need to debug VCL core module such as Classes,pas or Forms.pas. Let me introduce simple tips. I will show you an example using Classes.pas file. 1. Make Project and save. 2. Goto Classes.pas. Ctrl C+V all file contents. 3. Add New - Unit, Ctrl+V, and save Classes.pas into the same folder with the project. 4. Try to debug. 5. When you try to add some VCL unit, you can meet the following error. *The project already contains a form or module names "......

Invalid floating point operation in Variants._VarFromCurr [Edit]
Hello I'm reading field values from a dataset, something like this: {code} SomeValue := SomeDataset.Fields[SomeIndex].Value; {code} There's a Currency field in the dataset and the code above at some point executes this from DB.pas: {code} 7315 function TBCDField.GetAsVariant: Variant; 7316 var 7317 C: System.Currency; 7318 begin 7319 if GetValue(C) then Result := C else Result := Null; 7320 end; {code} Now, GetValue(C) ALWAYS succeeds, there's ALWAYS a valid Currency number read. The problem is when C gets assigned to Result. At that point this pro...

Simple read write usb hid delphi [Edit]
I'm working in Delphi2010 and looking for some simple code to find a USB HID device with a known PID VID then write a few bytes (not more than 6) and read a few bytes (not more than 40) from the device on occasion and handle the simple "it's missing" kind of thing. I already have a form with places to generate the outgoing data and handle the incoming data. The device (with a PIC) already has the code to be found as well as code to get and send data, but the computer Delphi end is driving me nuts. I can f ind all sorts of code that will make a list, and put another box on th...

How do I write the contents of a JNI jByteArray to a file in Delphi? [Edit]
How do I write the contents of a JNI jByteArray to a file in Delphi? There are plenty of functional examples of transfering a file from delphi to java but almost nothing going the other direction. I need to save a file transfered to delphi from java via the JNI as a jByteArray. Below is my attempt gleaning what I could from the one nonfunctional example I could find. Just to be clear on something I only have simple functional knowledge of Streams and know almost nothing about ByteArrays so a jByteArray is even more of a puzzel. What am I doing wrong with this code? How can I make it wor...

New at ODBC ADO in Delphi, trying to locate resources [Edit]
I have an SQL database In Delphi I drop an ADOConnection1 and have no problem connecting to the table using the Browse button I can compile and run it When the form opens i want to be able to do procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin ADOConnection1.Open; //works ADODataset1.First; //error Index := ADODataset1.RecordCount; //error Edit1.Text := IntToStr(Index); end; end. To show the number of records in the table. I know I am doing something wrong with the lines that have //error but can not locate good docs or examples for those command Maybe s...

EInvalidOp Invalid Floating Point Operation
On the last line of code below an EInvalidOp exception is thrown... I have no idea why! I have also listed the debuggers values for the variables. void __fastcall T2DPlotCursor::ManualMoveCursorPosition(double xRatio, double yRatio) { // Create a bounding rect in screen coords to move this control within. TPoint pstlScPt = PlotSurface->ClientToScreen(TPoint(PlotSurface->PlotRect.Left, PlotSurface->PlotRect.Top)); TRect bounds; bounds.left = pstlScPt.x; bounds.top = pstlScPt.y; bounds.right = bounds.left + PlotSurface->PlotRect.Width(); bound...

$IFNDEF on Delphi 2009 issue. Can somebody try this? [Edit]
I've had Delphi 2009 for 4 months now. Just now had a chance to begin using it. Been porting things over and it has been 4 days. Very excited, until I ran into $IFNDEF condition issue. There are lots of parts in my codes that I use $IFNDEF condition. Somehow, with Delphi 2009 compiler (at least my copy anyway) treats $IFNDEF like $IFDEF. For instance, create a new project and add the following somewhere in Unit1.pas: {$IFNDEF OEM_VERSION} Should not get here! {$ENDIF} Then define OEM_VERSION in your project active Build configuration. Try rebuilding the project. The compiler shou...

unittestpp to reproduce floating point conversion anomaly in bds2006/rs2007 [Edit]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_6ea72.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" attachment of unittestpp project the system test produces the following failure: src\tests\testmemoryoutstream.cpp(171): error: Failure in WritingFloatLongerThan CapacityFitsInNewBuffer: Expected aaaa123456.000000f but was aaaa123455.995904f FAILURE: 1 out of 180 tests failed (1 failures). With bds2006/rs2007, in src\tests\Main.cpp, you can add a #include <...

Delphi XE3 Invalid Pointer when trying to free FSQL (TStringList) [Edit]
I am receiving "Project: PayorUpdate.exe raised exception class EInvalidPointer with message 'invalid pointer operation.'. This happens when I try to free a TStrings or TStringList value. Here is how I have the data coded: .. .. FSQL:TStringList; .. .. procedure TPayorDM.DataModuleCreate(Sender: TObject); begin FPayorDRM := TDRM.Create; FSQL := TStringList.Create; end; .. .. .. procedure TPayorDM.DataModuleDestroy(Sender: TObject); begin FreeAndNil(FSQL); { when this statement is encountered an exception occurs.} if T_Payor.Active then T_Payor.Cl...

Anomolous "Floating point overflow" exceptions at runtime [Edit]
I have imported a largish program from C++ Builder 4 into C++ Builder 2010, and have continued its development. One function which previously worked fine now throws up "Floating Point Overflow" messages. There is no obvious cause for these and they do not always occur at the same line of code. I have followed the offending operation through line by line and have not spotted any coding errors. It now fails at a point in a function shared with other operations which work correctly. 1) What triggeres th ese messages ? 2) What else could be wrong to trigger the message ? (Such as ...

Which XE2 Delphi or Studio edition will allow me to write a windoes service
Hello, I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step: File > New > Other > Delphi Projects > Service Application The problem is that Service Application is simply not there, I suspect this is because my edition is a started edition, so I would like to ask, starting from which edition, I will find this option? Best Regards > Hello, > I have Delphi XE2 Starter edition, I am trying to write a windows service application, following the step: > File> New> Other> Delphi Projects> Service App...

Web resources about - Trying a numeric floating-point edit . . . - public.delphi.vcl.writing

Floating point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , floating point is the formulaic representation which approximates a real number so as to support a trade-off between range and ...

Floating point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , floating point describes a method of representing an approximation of a real number in a way that can support a wide range of ...

Floating Point - YouTube
I take existing tracks and cover them in an 8-bit style.

Exploring the Floating Point Performance of Modern ARM Processors
... current-gen ARM CPU cores without having to rely upon vendor supplied information. For this article I'm focusing exclusively on floating point ...

Intel: Romley Finally Bests AMD in Floating Point, Says Wells
... 60% to 70% better integer performance than Intel’s previous “ Westmere ” family of server processors, and 75% to 85% better floating point performance ...

Floating Points streaming 'Elaenia'; BEMF expands lineup
by Andrew Sacher Floating Points (photo by Louise Haywood-Schiefer) UK producer Floating Points releases his first full length, Elaenia, next ...

It's Hard To Compare Floating-Point Numbers
Last week I posed a problem: Suppose you have an inheritance hierarchy that lets you represent integers or floating-point numbers. How would ...

AWS EC2 C3/C4 Multicore Floating Point Performance Comparison
The C4 family on average had 13 percent higher floating point calculation performance than the C3 family. The c4.8xlarge VMs improved 21 percent ...

Patent US6650327 - Display system having floating point rasterization and floating point ... - Google ...
A floating point rasterization and frame buffer in a computer system graphics program. The rasterization, fog, lighting, texturing, blending, ...

An Improvement to Floating Point Numbers
... missile would fail to intercept a Scud launched at a US Army barracks, killing 28 and 100 others. It was the first time a floating point error ...