How to create LiveBindings-enabled StringGrid component ?

Hi,

I found this excellent Jim Tierney's topic : http://blogs.embarcadero.com/jimtierney/2012/10/01/31653: it works just fine for "simple" components.
I now want to make a StringGrid-like component bindable (ie : I want to "LiveBindings-enable" a TUniStringGrid Component from uniGUI components).
I guess that :
-I must use IEditGridLinkID instead of IEditLinkID
- I must add an "ObserverCurrent"
- but what else?

I'm currently doing something wrong because it just doesn't work at all...

Thanks a lot for your answer...
0
Renaud
3/1/2014 10:04:03 PM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can I create a new instance of a vcl component with only the pointer to some vcl class?
Lets say I have a pointer to a TDBGrid in an Ancestor class that has been modified in the Ancestor's Descendant class: TDBGrid* MyDBGrid; Is there a way that I can create a new instance of the Descendant class with only the Ancestors pointer? TDBGrid* CopyOfMyDBGrid = MyDBGrid->Clone(); or maybe something like CopyOfMyDBGrid = new ClassID( MyDBGrid->ClassID() ). Larry. "Larry Griffiths" <larry@kalos-inc.com> wrote in message news:36327@forums.codegear.com... > Is there a way that I can create a new instance of the > Descendant class wi...

ANN: Bricksoft IM VCL Component v8.2 released. All components support Delphi 2009!
All components support Delphi 2009! Please download the trial version(http://www.imcomponents.com/bsimtrial.zip) if you like. -- Bricksoft Support Bricksoft IM(MSN+YAHOO+AIM+ICQ+Jabber/GTalk) SDK For NET/VCL/COM/SOAP - http://www.imcomponents.com/ "Jianmin Wu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:72535@forums.codegear.com... > All components support Delphi 2009! with D2009 support, do you still require TNT controls for unicode ? Also do you have any plans to support emoticons ? Regards, Danny Component and demo for D2009 don't need TNT cont...

How to uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007?
Guys How do I uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007? Mark Moss Nevermind I figured out how to do it. Mark Moss "Mark Moss" <markemoss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:245205@forums.embarcadero.com... > Guys > > > How do I uninstall a VCL Component in Delphi 2007? > > > Mark Moss ...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

How to create a component within a component
Any idea where I can find some info on how to create a component within a component. What I mean is a like the TRibbon. You can create a TRibbonPage and TRibbonGroup at design time. You can even play and move the TRibbonGroup at design time. The component I have created is okay but I cannot move it. The only reading I have is Programming Delphi Custom Components published in 1996. Thanks in advance. Peter. "Peter Herijgers" <spam@unipro-tech.com> wrote in message news:303051@forums.embarcadero.com... > The component I have created is okay but I &g...

MAC OS-style VCL components for Delphi?
Hi all, I saw an application that I am interested in porting from C to Delphi (http://thirdcog.eu/apps/cfxr) and found it comes with a win32 version, using IMHO yucky controls, and a nice shiny native MAC version (Coca, etc). I really like the look, of the Mac port...I was wondering if there are any VCL controls (preferably free) that can make nice buttons, sliders, etc. like in that MAC screenshot? I'm not worried if they don't operate exactly like MAC ones, I mainly like the look :) I have tried googling but no luck so far :( cheers, Paul www.alphaskins...

How do I create a component that can be used with VCL and FMX?
I have a Host (file i/o, licensing, registry, etc.) component and a Database component that I would like to use in both FMX and VCL applications. These components are non-visual and I believe only use RTL functions so I don't think I need to pick a platform at this level. It seems that the FrameworkType is part of the project file and the GroupDescendentsWith() function wants a VCL or FMX class. Do I need to create two separate projects with the same files, or is there a way to make them compatible with both VCL and FMX. The Next question is how do I make these appear correctly on th...

Delphi VCL components properties history articles
Hi, i would like to know where i can found Delphi VCL components properties history information because i need to know from wich Delphi version a property exists or from wich version a protected procedure was marcked with "virtual" command from a standard component. Thanks, Maurício "Julio Pião" <=?Utf-8?Q?Julio_Pi=C3=A3o?=> wrote in message news:292952@forums.embarcadero.com... > i would like to know where i can found Delphi VCL components > properties history information AFAIK, that kind of list does not exist anywhere. > i ...

Setting livebinding and creating gridcolumns for a StringGrid in code
To set the dataset for a StringGrid in code I used the following Code: ClientDataSet1.Open; FSPSearchEdit1.DataSource := DataSource1; BindScopeDB1.DataSource := DataSource1; BindDBGridLink1.DataSource := BindScopeDB1; BindDBGridLink1.GridControl := StringGrid1; BindDBGridLink1.CreateGridColumns; I get the columns and the correct number of rows, but the rows are empty, the show no data. Can anyone tell me the correct way to set a datasource in code an to create the columns so that the show the date and not only the header. Thanks Rob Nowee > {quote:title=Robe...

Creating C++ Builder 2009 Component in Delphi
Hi I am having the same problem that i read in this thread: https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=7414 However, when I enable the "Generate all C++ Builder files" setting (Project > Options > Delphi Compiler > Linking > "Linker output") no BPL file is created (instead a LIB file and .hpp files are created). Why isn't the .bpl file created? What setting do I need to change for the .bpl file to be created with the .hpp and .lib files? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Greg ...

Which VCL components are (not) included in Delphi XE5 starter?
I currently own RAD Studio 2010 Professional with which I have developed a few Delphi applications, mainly for personal use. I only develop for Windows 32-bit platform and do NOT use Database components, I consider switching from Delphi 2010 Professional to Delphi XE5 Starter Edition and would like to know if my current applications can be compiled with Delphi XE5 Starter. Is there a way to check this _before_ buying Delphi XE5 ? My main concern is that some VCL components from Delphi 2010 Professional are not included in Delphi XE5 Starter Edition, but I cannot find a list which components...

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

Component to host VCL component
In the old days, when FireMonkey was still VGScene, we had a nice component that would host any good old VCL component. Very practical. How is this achieved with FireMonkey? I'm not interested in any cross-platform stuff, just want to use it on Windows. ...

skin component for VCL.NET Delphi 2007 ?
I'm trying to find out a component which skin forms automatically. It needs to be VCL.Net component for Delphi 2007. I tried to find one on the web with no success. There are many for VCL but not for VCL.Net. Thanks, Rumen ...

Web resources about - How to create LiveBindings-enabled StringGrid component ? - public.delphi.vcl.writing