Debug or Release vcl.bpi

When setting up both the run-time and design-time packages for a component the files vcl.bpi and rtl.bpi are typically added. For both of these files there is a debug and release version in the $(BCB)\Lib\Debug and $(BCB)\Lib\Release directories respectively.

I would have thought that the debug version would be used during development and the release version would be used for the release build. Is this correct so far?
The reason I ask is that I have noticed that once either of these files has been added to a package it cannot be removed, so changing from debug to release or vica-vera is not possible. Why is this and what is the correct files to use for the packages?

I am using BCB6 on a windows 7 platform.

Regards
John Farmer
0
John
3/18/2014 9:00:55 PM
public.delphi.vcl.writing 510 articles. 0 followers. Follow

vcl.bpi debug or release?
When creating the design-time and run-time packages for a component, vcl.bpi is normally added to the Requires section of both. For my BCB6 installation there are two vcl.bpi files one in the $(BCB)\Lib\Debug and the other in the $(BCB)\Lib\Release directory. The path of vcl.bpi (or rtl.bpi) is not shown when the package is viewed in the project manager. Should the debug or release version of vcl.bpi be added when the component packages are first created? How do you change from debug to release or release to debug given that the vcl.bpi file cannot be deleted and then added afterwards? ...

How to trace through VCL code in debugger. (turn on vcl debugging)
In the old days it was just a checkbox to allow you to trace through the vcl code. Now I can't find anything. <Chris Bruner> wrote in message news:408169@forums.embarcadero.com... > In the old days it was just a checkbox to allow you to > trace through the vcl code. Now I can't find anything. That feature still exists. It has a slightly different title now - "Use debug .dcus" instead of "Use debug libraries" - and it exists under the "Delphi Compiler > Compiling" section of the Project Options. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Tha...

No vcl.bpi and rtl.bpi
No vcl.bpi and rtl.bpi after applying XE2 update. (Vista Business, Enterprise Edition) Jennifer-Ashley Kuiper wrote: > No vcl.bpi and rtl.bpi after applying XE2 update. (Vista Business, > Enterprise Edition) Both are there for me in the lib\win32\release folder. If they aren't for you one suggestion is to download the standalone upd2 from the registered users page and use that one. I had no problems with both Wista32 and Win7 64 bit updates using it. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I patrol in ...

How to debug VCL core module in Delphi [Edit]
Hi, all. One of the Delphi programming strength is that VCL source code is opened compared with other compiler. Somtimes, I need to debug VCL core module such as Classes,pas or Forms.pas. Let me introduce simple tips. I will show you an example using Classes.pas file. 1. Make Project and save. 2. Goto Classes.pas. Ctrl C+V all file contents. 3. Add New - Unit, Ctrl+V, and save Classes.pas into the same folder with the project. 4. Try to debug. 5. When you try to add some VCL unit, you can meet the following error. *The project already contains a form or module names "......

Delphi 6
In preparation for applying a bug fix to one of the VCL modules (AxCtrls.pas), I have been trying to compile the original source code for the module in order to reproduce exactly the existing dcu. I have copied AxCtrls.pas to an empty directory, and have found that doing: dcc32 -q AxCtrls -$D- -$L- gives me a dcu which is identical in size to the one on Delphi6/Lib, with identical contents except for a few bytes near the beginning, which I assume are a compliation timestamp. However, I have been unsuccessful in duplicating the debug dcu in Delphi6/Lib/Debug. Using "-$D+ -$L+&q...

Delphi IS the VCL
Delphi IS the VCL! Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. What was I thinking? I know! they got me too. Don't know what I was thinking. :) > {quote:title=Jay Faubion wrote:}{quote} > Delphi IS the VCL! > > Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. > > What was I thinking? Jay Faubion wrote: > Delphi IS the VCL! > TButton Forever! ;-) W Jay Faubion wrote: > What was I thinking? Wasn't it called CLX ? Turbo Vision -> OWL -> VCL -> CLX -> Winforms -> ...... (to be continued) -- ...

ANN: Gnostice XtremePDFConverter VCL 3 Released with support for more Delphi IDEs
Gnostice XtremePDFConverter VCL 3 Released --- We are happy to announce the immediate availability of XtremePDFConverter VCL for Delphi 7, Delphi 2007, Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2010. XtremePDFConverter VCL is a powerful VCL component for intelligently converting PDF to easily editable Word RTF documents with support for recognition of paragraphs, tables, newspaper-style columns, paragraph alignment, bulleted and numbered list and much more. Gnostice customers with an active license of XtremeDevSystem VCL Universal Subscription get XtremePDFConverter VCL with source totally free....

ANN: FastReport VCL 4.12 with Delphi XE2 support released
Dear friends! FastReport VCL 4.12 with XE2 support released! + added export of Excel formulas in the BIFF export A report can contain memos starting with the "=" sign with a following Excel formula. Such memos are exported as formulas to a xls file. Exporting of formulas is controlled by the TfrxBIFFExport.ExportFormulas property. More about this can be read in our blog. + added converter from Rave Reports ConverterRR2FR.pas A module that allow convert "Rave Report" reports to "Fast Report" format. + added Cross KeepRowsTogether prop...

[ANN] Gnostice XtremePDFConverter VCL v3.0.1 with Delphi XE support released
We are pleased to announce the release of XtremePDFConverter Version 3.0.1 with Delphi XE support. XtremePDFConverter v3.0.1 supports Delphi XE/2010/2009/2007/2005/7. All XtremeDevSystem VCL and XtremePDFConverter customers with an active subscription can now download this update. Try: http://www.gnostice.com/downloads/xtremepdfconverter_t.exe Info: http://www.gnostice.com/XtremePDFConverter_VCL.asp Buy: http://www.gnostice.com/XtremePDFConverter_VCL.asp?show=buy+now XtremePDFConverter is part of the XtremeDevSystem VCL Universal Subscription. For more information on Xtre...

ANN: Bricksoft IM VCL Component v8.2 released. All components support Delphi 2009!
All components support Delphi 2009! Please download the trial version(http://www.imcomponents.com/bsimtrial.zip) if you like. -- Bricksoft Support Bricksoft IM(MSN+YAHOO+AIM+ICQ+Jabber/GTalk) SDK For NET/VCL/COM/SOAP - http://www.imcomponents.com/ "Jianmin Wu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:72535@forums.codegear.com... > All components support Delphi 2009! with D2009 support, do you still require TNT controls for unicode ? Also do you have any plans to support emoticons ? Regards, Danny Component and demo for D2009 don't need TNT cont...

ANN: LMD VCL 2013.4 Release (incl. Delphi/C++Builder XE4 support )
New LMD 2013 installers of all our VCL products (LMD-Tools, LMD ElPack, LMD IDE-Tools and various standalone packs) are available. New version of all main and standalone packages (including Freeware SE version) is 2013.4. Major change is Delphi/C++Builder XE4 support. This is a free update for all LMD 2013 customers. Review all changes at: http://wiki.lmd.de/index.php/LMD_2013_-_History Find current summary of all LMD 2013 changes at LMD 2013 What's New Page: http://wiki.lmd.de/index.php/LMD_VCL_2013_-_News Please note: Free license of NG 2013 packages/Suite included: L...

ANN: LMD VCL 2013.4 Release (incl. Delphi/C++Builder XE4 support )
New LMD 2013 installers of all our VCL products (LMD-Tools, LMD ElPack, LMD IDE-Tools and various standalone packs) are available. New version of all main and standalone packages (including Freeware SE version) is 2013.4. Major change is Delphi/C++Builder XE4 support. This is a free update for all LMD 2013 customers. Review all changes at: http://wiki.lmd.de/index.php/LMD_2013_-_History Find current summary of all LMD 2013 changes at LMD 2013 What's New Page: http://wiki.lmd.de/index.php/LMD_VCL_2013_-_News Please note: Free license of NG 2013 packages/Suite included: L...

ANN: Gnostice PDFtoolkit VCL v3.3 released
Gnostice Information Technologies is pleased to announce the release of PDFtoolkit Version 3.3. Highlights of this release are the ability to add digital signatures to PDFs, viewing and printing optimizations, and support for Delphi 2010. Whether you are creating your PDFs using eDocEngine or other tools or just processing PDF documents input from different sources, now you can equip your applications to generate PDF documents that the users of the documents can establish the authenticity of. This is achieved by PDFtoolkit's new capability to digitally sign PDF documents. Hist...

ANN: eDocEngine VCL v3.0.2.209 Released
eDocEngine VCL v3.0.2.209 Released ================================== Greeting from Gnostice. We are pleased to announce the release of Version 3.0.2.209 of eDocEngine. This update includes several fixes related to report-export components. The setup also installs a new help file and provides F1-key integration in the IDE. Try the latest build: * http://www.gnostice.com/downloads/edocengine_t_p.exe Read the latest eDocEngine articles: * How To Convert XML To PDF Using Delphi http://www.gnostice.com/nl_article.asp?id=213&t=How_To_Convert_XML ...

Web resources about - Debug or Release vcl.bpi - public.delphi.vcl.writing

Press Release Rocket - News and Current Events
By Toi Williams on December 24, 2014 Workers at more than 1,400 Walmart stores across the nation are set to see their pay rise next year as ...

Press release - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A press release , news release , media release , press statement or video release is a written or recorded communication directed at members ...

NVIDIA Releases Android Marshmallow Update For SHIELD Tablet K1
NVIDIA this week released over-the-air (OTA) update to Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system for its SHIELD Tablet K1. The new OS is ...

Software bug leads to early release for thousands of prisoners
More than 3,000 prisoners in the state of Washington have been released early from prison as a result of a software bug. The formula used to ...

LCD Soundsystem release new song "Christmas Will Break Your Heart"
LCD Soundsystem just posted a new holiday song (their first since breaking up) called "Christmas Will Break Your Heart." They write: That might ...

ISIS release 25 more Assyrian Christians
More than two dozen Assyrian Christians have been released by ISIS today, it has emerged, in what is being called a &quot;glorious Christmas ...

New Apple iPhone rumors China Mobile leaks April release date
Computerworld New Apple iPhone rumors China Mobile leaks April release date Computerworld Apple will launch the iPhone 6c early next year, ...

‘Hateful Eight’ And ‘The Revenant’ Dual In Limited Release Xmas Weekend: Specialty Preview
Two anticipated titles that will spend a short time in limited release beginning Christmas weekend are making their debuts in theaters. Fans ...

HTC, Huawei to release new smartphones in 1Q16, says paper
HTC and Huawei both are expected to launch their respective new smartphones in the first quarter of 2016, according to a Chinese-language Economic ...

Red Hot Nickel Ball Burning Tinsel Releases This Thick Poisonous Looking Death Gas
... tinsel (which has absolutely no chance of standing up to the mighty red hot nickel ball), which probably explains why the smoke it releases ...