RE: [wxperl-users] Re: wxValidator available via wxPerl #4

Mattia,
> > Yes, I think a Perl-implemented GenericValidator can just take the
> > address of the variable to/from which to deposit/get data, and can
> > handle it appropriately internally by checking the reference type.
> the trouble is that in perl you can only have scalar references,
> so you need a flag to tell the class you want a number/string/bool
> transferred
Good point.  I think I'll use the 'flag' approach.  This has approach
has been used elsewhere (in Win32::API, I think), so I'll try to be
consistent with other modules.

=20
> > > 2 - there is no NumericValidator ( or whatever you want ...
> the one I wrote in C++ a year ago could:
> * check that the number is aproper integer number
>   ( if you passed a int/long pointer )
> * check that the number is a proper float number
>   ( if you passed a float/double pointer )
> * optionally check that the number is in some
>   range
Sounds reasonable for a first cut.

James

0
james (30)
1/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RE: [wxperl-users] Re: wxValidator available via wxPerl
Dear Mattia (or others, if they can help), I've been delving into how to use wxValidators, and I think I understand the concept (and I like it!). However, I'm having real trouble deriving my own validator (called, unimaginitively, myValidator) from Wx::PlValidator. >From the wxWindows documentation, all validators must implement a Clone method. I have tried implementing a Clone method, which I can see getting called, but myValidator's Validate, TransferFromWindow, and TransferToWindow never seem to get called. Here is my code (with the methods apart from Clone do...

RE: [wxperl-users] Re: wxValidator available via wxPerl
Mattia, Thanks, as usual, for the to-the-point and quick support! If/when I manage to produce a useful validator, I would be more than happy to submit it. Currently I'm still getting my head round how everything fits together! James > -----Original Message----- > From: Mattia Barbon [mailto:mbarbon@dsi.unive.it] > Sent: 13 December 2001 11:04 > To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net > Subject: [wxperl-users] Re: wxValidator available via wxPerl >=20 >=20 > > Dear Mattia, > > I would like to use validators in my Perl application, but=20 ...

RE: [wxperl-users] Re: wxValidator available via wxPerl #2
Dear Mattia, Thanks - this works a treat! I was so close... Anyway, now I'm up and running. I had noticed the 'Attempt to free unreferenced...' error - will await a fix. Now that I've got things working, what do you suggest/would you like? I feel that validators are the way to go when it comes to transferring data to/from controls (rather than explicit GetValue/SetValue calls all over the place) - I have had to implement a similar concept (though not as elegant) in a very large Perl/Tk application which we have developed. I see that you think we should create...

RE: [wxperl-users] Re: wxValidator available via wxPerl #3
> wxTextValidator is OK for Perl, while wxGenericValidator does > 1 - use overloading > wxGV construtor takes one of a int/bool/string/integer array > (C++) pointer ( think Perl references ), but in Perl > int/string/bool map to scalar. Yes, I think a Perl-implemented GenericValidator can just take the address of the variable to/from which to deposit/get data, and can handle it appropriately internally by checking the reference type. > 2 - there is no NumericValidator ( or whatever you want to call it ) > one that does a text->number conversio...

Re: [wxperl-users] Re: wxperl
yes !! its really time to help more mattia. things i could offer are beside bug reports is to help to buil a better brwosable doku, this is one of my long time wish so are so. herbert "Graciliano M. P." <gmpowers@terra.com.br> schrieb am 11.12.04 03:29:27: > > > hey all, > > > > I just tried downloading the cvs snapshot, Wx-0.20, Wx-0.19, and Wx-0.18 > > and trying to install them on solaris (without luck). I tried both > wxAll-2.4.2 > > and wxWidgets-2.5.3. > > > > Furthermore, I went to the wikis for more in...

RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt?
What about an ASCII art camel on top (assuming O'Reilly gives a thumbs = up). Then a "use Wx;" Then a very nice graphical camel below. Then "It's _almost_ that easy!" (or something like that). --Toby Ovod-Everett -----Original Message----- From: Marcus [mailto:lists@wordit.com] Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 3:53 PM To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? Sunday, July 27, 2003, 9:18:13 PM, you wrote: DH> checkout DH> http://www.cafeshops.com/wxwindows ...

RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? #3
OK, so combining Jouke's idea with mine, I come up with: The ASCII art camel at the top should be created by carefully laying out = obfuscated Wx Perl code that, when run, creates an outline of a = graphical camel in a window. The below graphics are the camel as it = displays on the various OS flavors . . . --Toby Ovod-Everett -----Original Message----- From: Ovod-Everett, Toby=20 Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:41 AM To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? Extending this idea, we could hav...

RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? #2
Extending this idea, we could have the ASCII art camel on a "green = screen". Then the graphical camel would be shown in three separate = windows below, one in each of the OS flavors (GTK, Win32, Mac OS X). --Toby Ovod-Everett -----Original Message----- From: Ovod-Everett, Toby=20 Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 10:45 AM To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? What about an ASCII art camel on top (assuming O'Reilly gives a thumbs = up). Then a "use Wx;" Then a very n...

[wxperl-users] wxValidator available via wxPerl
Dear Mattia, I would like to use validators in my Perl application, but am not clear whether they have been wrapped. Are they available? Thanks, James Lavery MicroSec Ltd > -----Original Message----- > From: Mattia Barbon [mailto:mbarbon@dsi.unive.it] > Sent: 08 December 2001 13:31 > To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net > Subject: Re: [wxperl-users] wxPerl tutorial at the German=20 > Perl Workshop >=20 >=20 > > As you might have heard already I will be giving a half-day=20 > tutorial on > > wxPerl at the German Perl Workshop. Th...

Fwd: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl
>To: Jouke Visser <jouke@pvoice.org>, wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net >From: Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch> >Subject: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl >Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:08:19 +0100 > >Hello, > >I'm crossposting this reply to the macosx-perl mailing list because >there is some interest, too. Actually I forgot to put the macosx-perl adress on it. >At 14:02 Uhr +0200 24.9.2001, Jouke Visser wrote: >>I wondered if anyone yet tried to compile wxPerl on a Mac. If not, I'...

Re:[wxperl-users] Re: wxPerl 0.23 release
> Mattia Barbon <mattia.barbon@libero.it> writes: > > > On Tue, 28 J= un 2005 22:44:29 +0200 Johan Vromans <jvromans@squirrel.nl> wrote:=0D = > > Under Windows the change in the default font is to > > be expected= .. > > I'm using Fedora Core 2... :-) I suppose I could not be m= ore wrong... Anyway: the font change looks like a GTK+ 1.2 vs 2.x ch= ange. For the button width you should try the wxBU_EXACTFIT style fo= r the buttons that need to be smaller than standard buttons. HTH=0D = Mattia =0A=0A=0A...

RE: Re: [wxperl-users] Re: Re: EVT_QUERY_END_SESSION
you putted the EVT_CLOSE to the wrong place... or do you have a reason why you need it to be there? $app ist not the window, but you could use EVT_CLOSE on $frame too. i changed your minimal sample that it works. hope it helps greeting Marco ---- use Wx; ########################### package MyApp; use strict; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA=qw(Wx::App); sub OnInit { my( $this ) = @_; my( $frame ) = MyFrame->new( "Minimal wxPerl app", Wx::Point->new( 50, 50 ), Wx::Size->new( 450, 350 ) ); ...

Re: [wxperl-users] wxPerl on Gentoo
we both assumed too negative, please look here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml this information you should also give on your site regards herbert ...

Re: [wxperl-users] wxperl on MacOSX
> Hello Hello > Tough I'm a bit in doubt > whether wxperl will work on the mac (primarily MacOSX, MacOS9 would > be cool too)? There are various problems: 1 - I don't have a Mac, so someone else shoild work on it ( any takers? ;-) ) 2 - wxWindows on MacOS X is still not as stable as the Windows/GTK ports, though it is progressing steadily, and the developers are generally very responsive WRT bugreports; on MacOS 9 it should be pretty stable though 3 - On MacOS 9 you need to use Codewarrior which isn't free If you want to give it a tr...

Web resources about - RE: [wxperl-users] Re: wxValidator available via wxPerl #4 - perl.wxperl.users

O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2007 • July 23-27, 2007 • Portland, Oregon
O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2007 - July 23-27, 2007 - Portland, Oregon