[wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt?

[From the wxPerl marketing & advocacy dept :-)]

Is anybody interested in a wxPerl T-shirt?

I'm having some other shirts done for a Linux distro (Morphix), and got
all the info. Price would be $15-17 for full colour transfers.
Should be same kind of quality as cafepress and others that
do one-offs. Except you can choose a brand name shirt, any
size, and there are 12-20 colours.

If we get at least 10 people then we could have them silk-screen
printed, which is the best quality. 2-colours would be $25
or $20 if we get 20 people. 1-colour prints are about $5 less.

Anyway, if anybody is interested speak up, and of course we
need a design. Maybe something snazzy and flash, not just
"use Wx;", although for the minimalists in the house that
might be it. Vector graphics required for screen-printing
(EPS, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator are the formats). Raster
graphics are okay otherwise.

Marcus

0
lists
7/25/2003 5:17:10 PM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would be interested in one.

Bradley K. Embree

bke
7/25/2003 5:34:04 PM
Me too

> > [From the wxPerl marketing & advocacy dept :-)]
> >
> > Is anybody interested in a wxPerl T-shirt?
> >
> > I'm having some other shirts done for a Linux distro (Morphix), and got
> > all the info. Price would be $15-17 for full colour transfers.
> > Should be same kind of quality as cafepress and others that
> > do one-offs. Except you can choose a brand name shirt, any
> > size, and there are 12-20 colours.
> >
> > If we get at least 10 people then we could have them silk-screen
> > printed, which is the best quality. 2-colours would be $25
> > or $20 if we get 20 people. 1-colour prints are about $5 less.
> >
> > Anyway, if anybody is interested speak up, and of course we
> > need a design. Maybe something snazzy and flash, not just
> > "use Wx;", although for the minimalists in the house that
> > might be it. Vector graphics required for screen-printing
> > (EPS, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator are the formats). Raster
> > graphics are okay otherwise.
> >
> > Marcus

jyoungquist
7/25/2003 8:47:05 PM
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:16:56 +0200 Marcus <lists@wordit.com> wrote:

> [From the wxPerl marketing & advocacy dept :-)]
>
> Is anybody interested in a wxPerl T-shirt?
  I am :-)

<snip pricing information>

  I am not an expert in the field, but: would it make sense to have the
drawing for the t-shirt available on-line? This way people might be able to
print their own t-shirt in a local store, saving the shipment costs.

  But we still need the design, first...

Regards
Mattia

0
mbarbon
7/26/2003 8:21:02 PM
Saturday, July 26, 2003, 10:13:24 PM, you wrote:
Mattia>   I am not an expert in the field, but: would it make sense to have the
Mattia> drawing for the t-shirt available on-line? This way people might be able to
Mattia> print their own t-shirt in a local store, saving the shipment costs.

Yes, it ought to be on the wxPerl homepage.
The code, the documentation, the t-shirt, the movie :-)

Which Open Source license is good for art work?

Mattia>   But we still need the design, first...

That's the bit where I'm currently clueless. Maybe a random
brainstorming session on the subject of "what is wxPerl?".

It would be a good exercise in defining how we "sell" wxPerl
to new developers. Our advocacy department is almost
non-existent, except for Perlmonks, but that is almost
preaching to the choir, no?

Marcus

0
lists
7/26/2003 11:37:04 PM
checkout

  http://www.cafeshops.com/wxwindows
  http://www.cafeshops.com/wxwindows.6152282

for ideas

I say we do something like that,
except we say "develop for WINDOWS * LINUX * MAC? rapidly, give it a spin"
with rapidly being emphasized ;)

BTW
http://crazyinsomniac.perlmonk.org/images/podmaster.wxPerl.jpg
http://crazyinsomniac.perlmonk.org/images/podmaster.wxPerl2.jpg

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

0
crazyinsomniac
7/27/2003 7:19:03 PM
Sunday, July 27, 2003, 9:18:13 PM, you wrote:
DH> checkout
DH>   http://www.cafeshops.com/wxwindows
DH>   http://www.cafeshops.com/wxwindows.6152282

Quite a good all-wx design, something for folks to maybe
wear at conventions. We ought to have a true perl-spirit one
for wxPerlers though, don't you think?

Could you put the design up later for download, because I
for one might want a coloured shirt and to get it made in
Europe due to cafepress' long delivery times.

A printed white shirt would also cost a little less than at
cafepress, afaik.

DH> I say we do something like that,
DH> except we say "develop for WINDOWS * LINUX * MAC? rapidly, give it a spin"
DH> with rapidly being emphasized ;)

How about "wxPerl, it's RAD" :-)

Has nobody used that slogan yet?
Better GPL the slogan before "you-know-who" turn it into
"How fast do you want to RAD today".

DH> http://crazyinsomniac.perlmonk.org/images/podmaster.wxPerl.jpg
DH> http://crazyinsomniac.perlmonk.org/images/podmaster.wxPerl2.jpg

Neat. One problem. May need permission to use a camel in
conjunction with Perl. That "belongs" to O'Reilly.
Any camel in association with the Perl language.

I'm fairly sure they would be okay with it though.

Marcus

0
lists
7/27/2003 11:54:09 PM
use Wx; #wxWindows

--> The first windows I use/like/ whatever <--

blessings
manuel

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:16:56 +0200, Marcus <lists@wordit.com> wrote:

> [From the wxPerl marketing & advocacy dept :-)]
>
> Is anybody interested in a wxPerl T-shirt?
>
> I'm having some other shirts done for a Linux distro (Morphix), and got
> all the info. Price would be $15-17 for full colour transfers.
> Should be same kind of quality as cafepress and others that
> do one-offs. Except you can choose a brand name shirt, any
> size, and there are 12-20 colours.
>
> If we get at least 10 people then we could have them silk-screen
> printed, which is the best quality. 2-colours would be $25
> or $20 if we get 20 people. 1-colour prints are about $5 less.
>
> Anyway, if anybody is interested speak up, and of course we
> need a design. Maybe something snazzy and flash, not just
> "use Wx;", although for the minimalists in the house that
> might be it. Vector graphics required for screen-printing
> (EPS, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator are the formats). Raster
> graphics are okay otherwise.
>
> Marcus

--=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
| telewar-ITS Ziegler & Renz GbR      Tel:    07144 - 831298          |
| Schillerstra=DFe 11/1                 Fax:    07144 - 831250          |
| Kirchberg / Murr                    eMail:  m.renz@teleware-its.de  |

Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt?
> > What about an ASCII art camel on top (assuming O'Reilly gives a thumbs > up). > > > > Then a "use Wx;" > > > > Then a very nice graphical camel below. > > > > Then "It's _almost_ that easy!" (or something like that). > > > > --Toby Ovod-Everett My contributions... "wxPerl - Interface the world" "wxPerl - Scripting on crack" "wxPerl - Scripting the world, one GUI at a time" "wxPerl - Giving people more time to drink beer" "wxPerl - $thi...

RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt?
What about an ASCII art camel on top (assuming O'Reilly gives a thumbs = up). Then a "use Wx;" Then a very nice graphical camel below. Then "It's _almost_ that easy!" (or something like that). --Toby Ovod-Everett -----Original Message----- From: Marcus [mailto:lists@wordit.com] Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 3:53 PM To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? Sunday, July 27, 2003, 9:18:13 PM, you wrote: DH> checkout DH> http://www.cafeshops.com/wxwindows ...

RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? #3
OK, so combining Jouke's idea with mine, I come up with: The ASCII art camel at the top should be created by carefully laying out = obfuscated Wx Perl code that, when run, creates an outline of a = graphical camel in a window. The below graphics are the camel as it = displays on the various OS flavors . . . --Toby Ovod-Everett -----Original Message----- From: Ovod-Everett, Toby=20 Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:41 AM To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? Extending this idea, we could hav...

RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? #2
Extending this idea, we could have the ASCII art camel on a "green = screen". Then the graphical camel would be shown in three separate = windows below, one in each of the OS flavors (GTK, Win32, Mac OS X). --Toby Ovod-Everett -----Original Message----- From: Ovod-Everett, Toby=20 Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 10:45 AM To: wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: RE: Re[4]: [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? What about an ASCII art camel on top (assuming O'Reilly gives a thumbs = up). Then a "use Wx;" Then a very n...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl T-shirt...maybe an obfu?
Would a wxPerl specific Obfuscation be an idea for a t-shirt? use Wx;sub qq{open$Wx=>$0;scalar<$Wx>=~m$;$;Wx::MessageBox($1=>$`) &&exit}@p::ISA=Wx::App,*p::OnInit=*qq;p->new->MainLoop; If you put this obfu in a file, remove any leading whitespace or newlines and leave the linebreaks as they are, it all should work. Jouke ...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl T-shirt design
I tried to put all our ideas together and created a design for wxPerl. http://www.wordit.com/catalog/images/wxperl_rad2_small.jpg This a suggestion, but I put it up for ordering anyway. Whatever we choose I can have it printed on a white shirt for 12.99 Euros (about $14.30 U.S.). There are 19 colours! to choose from. Light colour shirts (sky blue, yellow..) are +1 EUR, dark shirts (e.g. black, navy blue) are +3 EUR. Not added the latter yet. Dark shirts require an extra white layer because the dark dye soaks up the ink. Note, this can make the shirt feel rubbery they say due to t...

[wxperl-users] OT: wxPerl Contractors
(My apologies in advance for the off-topic post -- if anyone knows of a better forum for this type of posting, please let me know). DonorWare is looking for additional contract wxPerl programmers. DonorWare provides enterprise fundraising software for larger charities and non-profits. Our new cross-platform GUI (Windows, OS X and Linux) allows users to interact via Web Services with our core-business logic. Critical skills required include a strong understanding of wxPerl, POE, PAR, wxGlade, and excellent English language skills. Using your own Internet access and computer, Don...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl Wiki => wxPerl Kwiki
Hello all, Once upon a time I installed a Wiki, called it the wxPerl Wiki and didn't look at it anymore. I noticed that only a few people use it, it's been hacked a few times, and to make it work, at least yours truly should put more time and effort in it. This morning I started installing Kwiki, which is a far better Wiki platform than the Wiki that was installed. Apart from the UserPreferences page (working on it), everything works as it should. However, the data people entered in the old Wiki can't be converted to Kwiki automatically. Therefore I need your ...

[wxperl-users] [ wxperl-Bugs-588884 ] wxperl will not compile
Bugs item #588884, was opened at 2002-07-30 17:13 You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115655&aid=588884&group_id=15655 Category: None Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Dan Stahlke (danstahlke) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: wxperl will not compile Initial Comment: I cannot get the wxPerl module to compile. It breaks with this message: c++ -c -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk-2.3 -I/usr/local/include -I. -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -O2 -DVERSION=\0.10\ -DXS_VERSION=\...

Fwd: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl
>To: Jouke Visser <jouke@pvoice.org>, wxperl-users@lists.sourceforge.net >From: Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch> >Subject: wxPerl on the Mac; was: [wxperl-users] Re: problems with wxPerl >Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:08:19 +0100 > >Hello, > >I'm crossposting this reply to the macosx-perl mailing list because >there is some interest, too. Actually I forgot to put the macosx-perl adress on it. >At 14:02 Uhr +0200 24.9.2001, Jouke Visser wrote: >>I wondered if anyone yet tried to compile wxPerl on a Mac. If not, I'...

[wxperl-users] [ wxperl-Bugs-1237847 ] wxPerl does not build with wxUniversal
Bugs item #1237847, was opened at 2005-07-13 23:24 Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item Submitter You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115655&aid=1237847&group_id=15655 Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread, including the initial issue submission, for this request, not just the latest update. Category: None Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Mattia Barbon (mbarbon) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: wxPerl does...

[wxperl-users] wxPerl::Styles
Hi all, Here's a style shortcut package to complement wxPerl::Constructors http://scratchcomputing.com/svn/wxPerl-Styles/trunk/ I realize that style('hscroll', te => 'process_enter|multiline') isn't much shorter than (style => Wx::wxHSCROLL()|Wx::wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER()| Wx::wxTE_MULTILINE()), but shortness is only an interim goal. By processing the constants as strings, I'm hoping to enable a better XRC-like thing. In the meantime, it's shorter enough that I think I can get all of the style onto one line more often than not. Thoughts...

[wxperl-users] WxPerl Samples..

[wxperl-users] your wxPerl wishlist?
Hi all, I'm working on a few ideas for better expressing wx child widgets and layouts in Perl and I'm curious what you think is most needed. First, let me say a big thank you to Mattia. I've been using wxPerl for a while now and am fairly familiar with the code and what a monumental effort this was and is. Mattia, you deserve many more thank-you's and likely don't hear them often enough. What I'm working on is something like an "ideal syntax", not any sort of flaw in the bindings. Next, I've heard "I want a good, free GUI rad too...

Web resources about - [wxperl-users] [OT, or maybe not?] wxPerl T-Shirt? - perl.wxperl.users

O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2007 • July 23-27, 2007 • Portland, Oregon
O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2007 - July 23-27, 2007 - Portland, Oregon