[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.12b2

Hello,
this is a wxPerl CVS snapshot compiled agains wxWindows 2.3.3
Since wxWindows 2.3.3 is (hopefully) the last developement release
before 2.4.0, you are *strongly* encouraged to try it and report bugs.

I will try to provide frequent updates (compiled against
the 2.4.0-to-be branch).

wxPerl changes:
	- new DEPRECATIONS section in README.txt, please read it
	- it is now possibile to get the native handle of a Wx::Window
	- implemented wxWizard and related classes
	- Document/View framework (thanks to Simon Flack)
	- implemented wxFontEnumerator and wxFontMapper

Thanks!
Mattia

0
mbarbon
9/20/2002 7:57:02 AM
perl.wxperl.users 3070 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Mattia,
I would like to use wxLogPassThrough, to create a log handler which logs to
file and to a window.  However, I don't think it's wrapped.  Is it possible
to add this to wxPerl?

I would be happy to do the wrapping, if you want to point me to the
appropriate resources.

Regards,

James

0
jlavery
9/21/2002 6:10:04 AM
Hi.
Saying
use Wx::Bitmap;
messes things up.

It causes a
Usage: Wx::Bitmap::newFile(CLASS, name, type) at C:/Perl/site/lib/Wx/Bitmap.pm line 37.
where as otherwise everything works fine.
Just thought it bizzare.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

0
crazyinsomniac
9/22/2002 12:36:02 AM
> Hi Mattia,
> I would like to use wxLogPassThrough, to create a log handler which logs to
> file and to a window.  However, I don't think it's wrapped.  Is it possible
> to add this to wxPerl?
Yes.

> I would be happy to do the wrapping, if you want to point me to the
> appropriate resources.
Well, I was looking at the code in order to give you advice,
and I just did it... sorry if I spoiled your fun ;-)

Regards
Mattia

0
mbarbon
9/22/2002 8:36:02 AM
You don't have to 'use Wx::Bitmap' to use the Wx::Bitmap->new(). Just 'use Wx qw(:everything). That will suffice.

Jouke
On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 05:35:07PM -0700, DH wrote:
> Hi.
> Saying
> use Wx::Bitmap;
> messes things up.
>
> It causes a
> Usage: Wx::Bitmap::newFile(CLASS, name, type) at C:/Perl/site/lib/Wx/Bitmap.pm line 37.
> where as otherwise everything works fine.
> Just thought it bizzare.

| Jouke Visser            | http://jouke.pvoice.org  (personal)        |
|                         | http://www.pvoice.org    (pVoice & pStory) |
| Perl GUI Geek           | http://wxperl.pvoice.org (wxPerl)          |

jouke
9/22/2002 9:24:02 AM
> Hi.
> Saying
> use Wx::Bitmap;
> messes things up.
>
> It causes a
> Usage: Wx::Bitmap::newFile(CLASS, name, type) at C:/Perl/site/lib/Wx/Bitmap.pm line 37.
> where as otherwise everything works fine.
> Just thought it bizzare.
Well, I think it is worrying... Now, do you have some sample code that triggers it?
does it happen even with the 0.12b2 snapshot? Do you actually have a Wx/Bitmap.pm
(which maybe comes from an older installation)? 0.12b2 hasn't a Wx/Bitmap.pm,
hence I _think_ maybe you have an older one, and saying "use Wx::Bitmap" loads it
and causes problems.

Regards
Mattia

0
mbarbon
9/22/2002 9:30:01 AM
Thanks guys.
Jouke I knew that ( I was a little out of with this week, it was funny to watch)

and mattia, that explain it.

I guess from now on I should be a little more careful about my testing.
But hey, aren't you glad I couldn't legitimately break anything ? ;)
(and man oh man did I try)

http://sbc.yahoo.com

0
crazyinsomniac
9/23/2002 3:11:01 AM
Hi Mattia,
> Well, I was looking at the code in order to give you advice,
> and I just did it... sorry if I spoiled your fun ;-)
That's great - thanks (not too worried about my fun being spoiled).

Are the results in a binary download yet?

James

0
jlavery
9/23/2002 5:33:02 AM
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, James Lavery wrote:

>Hi Mattia,
>> Well, I was looking at the code in order to give you advice,
>> and I just did it... sorry if I spoiled your fun ;-)
>That's great - thanks (not too worried about my fun being spoiled).
>
>Are the results in a binary download yet?
Not yet; I am waiting for some feedback on 0.12b2 before doing
0.12b3...

Regards
Mattia

0
mbarbon
9/23/2002 9:35:02 AM
I would like a binary download for 0.12b_x very much since I can't
compile it on my Win32 box and currently that's the platform I'm using
the most with wxPerl.

Jouke

Mattia Barbon wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, James Lavery wrote:
>
>>Hi Mattia,
>>
>>>Well, I was looking at the code in order to give you advice,
>>>and I just did it... sorry if I spoiled your fun ;-)
>>>
>>That's great - thanks (not too worried about my fun being spoiled).
>>
>>Are the results in a binary download yet?
>>
>Not yet; I am waiting for some feedback on 0.12b2 before doing
>0.12b3...
>
>Regards
>Mattia

| Jouke Visser           | http://jouke.pvoice.org  (personal)       |
|                        | http://www.pvoice.org    (pVoice & pStory)|
| Perl GUI Geek          | http://wxperl.pvoice.org (wxPerl)         |

jouke

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.14
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows, is out! You can download the source from CPAN. Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx and 8xx builds, and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/ Changes since the last version: - new DEPRECATIONS section in README.txt, please read it - Added Wx::CalendarCtrl. - Added Wx::DateTime (not the full interface). - Restored compatibility with perl 5.005. - Internal changes: objects returned by various constr...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.13
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows, is out! You can download the source from CPAN. Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx and 9xx builds, and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/ Changes since the last version: - new DEPRECATIONS section in README.txt, please read it - New build system, allows building wxPerl extension written using XS outside of the wxPerl tree. - Added Wx::Wave - Added Wx::MemoryFSHandler - Added Wx::Per...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.21
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows, is out! You can download the sources from CPAN. Screenshots: http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/sshot01.html Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx and 8xx builds, and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/download.html Changes since the last release: - Fixed installation of 'wxPerl' command on Mac OS X. - Fixed running in the embedded case (still requires the application to call ExitMainLoop at the right places). - Wrapped wxNavi...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.09
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows is out! You can download the source from http://prdownload.sourceforge.net/wxperl/Wx-0.09.tar.gz Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx builds, Redhat Linux 7.1 and Debian GNU/Linux "woody" are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15655 and http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/ Changes from the last version: - wxTaskBarIcon ( MS Windows only ) - wxGrid, wxGridCellAttr - wxGridCellRenderer, wxGridCellEditor - wxProcess and ...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.23
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWidgets, is out! You can download the sources from CPAN. Screenshots: http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/sshot01.html Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 8xx builds, Red Hat Linux and Mac OS X are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/download.html Changes since the last release: - Added wxArtProvider and Wx::PlArtProvider (thanks to Matthew "Cheetah" Gabeler-Lee). - Compatibility with wxWidgets 2.5.4, 2.6.0 and 2.6.1. - Added Wx::PlPreviewFrame, W...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.15
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows, is out! You can download the source from CPAN. Screenshots: http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/sshot01.html Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx and 8xx builds, and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/download.html Changes since the last version: - Removed support for wxWindows 2.2.x and 2.3.x. - Removed support for Perl 5.004. - Started documentation for the extension api (see Wx/Api.pod). - Added...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.12
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows is out! You can download the source from CPAN. Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx builds and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/ Changes since the last version: - new DEPRECATIONS section in README.txt, please read it - it is now possibile to get the native handle of a Wx::Window - implemented wxWizard and related classes - Document/View framework (thanks to Simon Flack) - Mostly completed wxSt...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.19
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows, is out! You can download the sources from CPAN. Screenshots: http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/sshot01.html Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx and 8xx builds, and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/download.html Changes since the last release: - Started wxHtmlParser/wxHtmlTag/custom tag handlers wrapping. - Mac OS X build now installs the 'wxPerl' binary in perl bin directory. - wxDatagramSocket and wxSockAddress. - ...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.18
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows, is out! You can download the sources from CPAN. Screenshots: http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/sshot01.html Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx and 8xx builds, and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/download.html Changes since the last release: - Corrected handling of UTF-8 encoded strings in ANSI builds. - Added wxGridTableMessage. - Fixed build problems with GTK 2 and/or Unicode on Unix hosts. Regards Mattia ...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.07
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows is out! You can download the source from http://prdownload.sourceforge.net/wxperl/Wx-0.07.tar.gz Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx builds, Redhat Linux 7.1 and Debian GNU/Linux "woody" are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15655 and http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/ Regards Mattia ...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.08
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows is out! You can download the source from http://prdownload.sourceforge.net/wxperl/Wx-0.08.tar.gz Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx builds, Redhat Linux 7.1 and Debian GNU/Linux "woody" are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15655 and http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/ Regards Mattia > One thing though, clicking on serveral of the things in the demo make > it crash. 1 such thing is the MDI. When I try cli...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.11
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows is out! You can download the source from http://prdownload.sourceforge.net/wxperl/Wx-0.11.tar.gz Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx builds, Redhat Linux 7.1 and Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15655 and http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/ Changes since the last version: - wxStyledTextControl, based on Scintilla (thanks to Marcus Friedlaender) - Wx::Perl::SplashFast, for faster splash screens (...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.16
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWindows, is out! You can download the sources from CPAN. Screenshots: http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/sshot01.html Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 6xx and 8xx builds, and Red Hat Linux are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/download.html Changes since the last release: - Added Wx::PlGridCellEditor and Wx::PlGridCellRenderer for custom Wx::Grid cell editing/displaying. - Added Wx::PlGridTable for custom Wx::Grid storage. - Fixed ...

[wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.26
A new version of wxPerl, the Perl bindings to wxWidgets, is out! You can download the sources from CPAN. Screenshots: http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/sshot01.html Binary packages for ActivePerl/Win32 8xx builds, Red Hat Linux and Mac OS X are available along with documentation in HTML and MS HTML Help format from http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/download.html Changes since the last release: - Fixed various Wx::GridBagSizer problems. - Fixed Original Object Return for Wx::PlGridCellEditor and Wx::PlGridCellRenderer. - Removed the requirement of deriving from Wx::App. - Expan...

Web resources about - [wxperl-users] [ANNOUNCE] wxPerl 0.12b2 - perl.wxperl.users

O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2007 • July 23-27, 2007 • Portland, Oregon
O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2007 - July 23-27, 2007 - Portland, Oregon