Pointer and OpaquePointer

Hi,

I would like to know the difference between a Pointer and an
OpaquePointer. I have found an entry in the FAQ where it stated that
OpaquePointer is deprecated.

My problem here is that the use of Pointer at several places gives
irregular errors, hangups or mysterious crashes without stack dumps.
There was an occasional error from the C library I use which helped me
out to look at the proper spot which was at changes I recently made from
OpaquePointer into Pointer.

I would like to know the difference because then I could make proper
changes using the Pointer type and leave the OpaquePointer to history.

Thanks in advance,
Marcel
0
mt1957
12/5/2020 7:23:22 PM
perl.perl6.users 1545 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm afraid that I've done something wrong somewhere else... Changed it
all back to OpaquePointer and kept the same problem. So I must look into
it deeper and just use the Pointer instead.

Regards,
Marcel
0
mt1957