CPAN and command line scripts

	Hello.
http://search.cpan.org/~ruz/RT-Action-NotifyGroup/
has script 'sbin/rt-notify-group-admin.in' that has POD and this POD is
what end-user wants more then other docs.

What requirements should I satisfy if I want search.cpan.org to show
link on script's POD in Documentation section of the dist page?

I think that +x flag can help, but don't want to release new version
just to check it.

			Best regards. Ruslan.
0
cubic
10/13/2004 6:12:42 PM
perl.module-authors 1604 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--oXNgvKVxGWJ0RPMJ

* Ruslan U. Zakirov <cubic at acronis.com> [2004/10/13 22:12]:
> 	Hello.
> http://search.cpan.org/~ruz/RT-Action-NotifyGroup/
> has script 'sbin/rt-notify-group-admin.in' that has POD and this POD is=
=20
> what end-user wants more then other docs.
>=20
> What requirements should I satisfy if I want search.cpan.org to show=20
> link on script's POD in Documentation section of the dist page?

If you specify that sbin/rt-notify-group-admin.in is a script in the
EXE_FILES key that gets passed to WriteMakefile (assuming MakeMaker; I
don't know the Module::Build equivalent, but there is one) then the
indexer will pick it out and add it to the list of docs.  See, e.g.,
<http://search.cpan.org/~darren/Mail-ExpandAliases/>; the expand-alias
script shows up under "Documentation", and it's a script.

(darren)

--=20
Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it.
    -- Woody Allen

--oXNgvKVxGWJ0RPMJ

--oXNgvKVxGWJ0RPMJ--
0
dlc

Scripts in CPAN modules & search.cpan.org
Hello: I'm not sure where to report this, but there seems to be a bug in search.cpan.org related to modules containing scripts with hyphens in them. I noticed this looking at the page http://search.cpan.org/~joshr/Sman-0.95/ : The link for the script 'sman' leads to the docs for 'sman-update', and the link for the script 'sman-update' does not exist. (The scripts themselves exist and can be found at http://search.cpan.org/src/JOSHR/Sman-0.95/script/ ) Is there a bug system this should get filed in, or an appropriate group to notify? Or is this...

Attempt to contact module author Shlomo Yona (SuffixTree module on CPAN)
The module author Shlomo Yona for the Perl Module SuffixTree lists an email address that is no longer valid. An email has been sent to this author's @cpan.org email address as well (I'm hopeful that there will be a response, but as of now haven't). There are bug reports in the RT that include patches ranging from 2 years old to 8 years old. The module was first uploaded in January of 2003, with two subsequent revisions also in January 2003. No activity since then. This message is an attempt to contact Shlomo Yona. If you know how to reach him please let me know. If ...

cpan command line
Hi, What is the command to tell cpan to accept the default/suggested values? -- Bobby just hit "Enter" -srini Bobby wrote: > Hi, > > What is the command to tell cpan to accept the default/suggested values? > > On Friday 28 September 2007 06:01:31 Srinivas wrote: > just hit "Enter" > > -srini > > Bobby wrote: > > Hi, > > > > What is the command to tell cpan to accept the default/suggested values? No. Command line option so you don't have to be there and press Enter. -- Bobby ...

Command line scripting
This question is about normal ASP, not ASP.Net. My question is can make ASP script to run it without any browser accessing the page (Command line scripting). I need this because I want to run ASP scripts regularly executed without any user requesting the page. Thanks for your time. you don't want ASP. you want WSH get the windows scripting docs : http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/ will append to this post when I get to work - got to rush now. jRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS OK, back at th...

command line scripts
Does anyone know how I can run command line scripts using asp.net and vb? I am mostly interested in using the iis command line script iisweb.vbs to create and delete websites. I would like to have a form that, when submited, runs the the command line script using the form values. Thanks Look at the Process class in the System.Diagnostics namespace. You can also use the class to redirect output into a stream for reading from your application. You might need to twiddle with security settings in order to have the permissions to do this from an ASP.NET app, impersonation is one option. Feel...

Command Line Modules
This seems simple enough, but I can't get it to work. I want to print out the cross-reference AND parsed version of a script. I can only get one of the modules at a time to work -- not both. I have tried: perl -Mmodule=Xref,Deparse myscript.pl perl -MO=Xref,-MO=Deparse myscript.pl perl -m module=Xref,Deparse myscript.pl perl -MO Xref,Deparse myscript.pl perl -M'module qw(Xref Deparse)' myscript.pl The perldoc doesn't help much. 1-- This is probably too obvious, but what am I missing??? 2-- What does the "-MO" do, as opposed to "-M" (ca...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

AFPBIND script command line
Forgot to enable AFP when creating cluster enable volumes with Console 1 Adding the AFPBIND and AFPUNBIND commands in load and unload script will be enough ? (NFAP for Mac already installed). Thanks Mirliton I can't say definitively for NW6, but this worked for me with NW6.5. On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:46:22 GMT, mirliton@myrealbox.com wrote: >Forgot to enable AFP when creating cluster enable volumes with Console 1 >Adding the AFPBIND and AFPUNBIND commands in load and unload script will >be enough ? (NFAP for Mac already installed). >Thanks >Mirl...

Bundling a script with a CPAN module?
Hi All. I want to add a runnable script to a CPAN module. can anyone point me to the appropriate documentation that explains how to do it? I understood that it should be in the script directory. (read it on the Module::Build docs. is MM support it too?) how do I make sure that the shebang line in the installed script points to the same Perl that installs this module? how do I make sure that a batch file is generated on Windows? Thanks Shmuel. --nextPart5475969.6QHiM6kxx1 Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

expanding the cpan script, and Module
volks, The Basic CPAN concern: --bail_on_fail flag (2008.02.10 ) Problem description: when a cpan session is looking for more than one distribution/module there needs to be a way to 'flag' that the session must fail and stop if there is an error loading any distribution, or a sub component required module. Current Behavior: given a list, a cpan session, will note and move on to the next distribution to be installed. Desrired Behavior: running a cpan session, with the flag set, will cause the session to note the error and not go any further. Is ther...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

fetching module version from the command line
While checking if the versions of all the modules are as required in our installation I am using the following one liner to fetch the version numbers. perl -MModule -e'print $Module::VERSION' Some of the modules print extra error messages and some print only error messages. I have sent e-mail to the respective module authors reporting this issue but I wonder if it would this a good practice in the genric case. Is there a Test module that test just the above? Is the a CPANST score one can get if all the modules in a distro provide the correct version information and if t...

Web resources about - CPAN and command line scripts - perl.module-authors

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cameron Carpenter review: Bells and whistles matched by a command of the organ
It's certainly no exaggeration to call Cameron Carpenter's command of six keyboards (five for hands, one for feet) "genius". Purely in cognitive ...

Adele eclipses Taylor Swift to take command of the pop world
Adele Adkins is the first person to top the ARIA singles and albums charts in the same week since Swift exactly one year ago.

Command your club to victory in Sega’s Football Manager Mobile 2016
... How long can you survive on the Last Horizon? , and Dig, explore and collect stars in Starlit Adventures . Football Manager Mobile 2016 Command ...

How to craft your own custom voice commands for Amazon Echo's Alexa
With a little help from IFTTT, you can teach Alexa all sorts of new tricks. Here's how to get started.

Defense Sec Commands Military To Open All Combat Jobs To Women
Marine Corps' arguments against women in combat effectively crushed

Bethesda: Fallout 4 console commands 'not supported or recommended' on PC
In a very Bethesda-like fashion, messing around with console commands on the PC version of Fallout 4 might completely bug out your game more ...

Amazon Echo owners can create custom voice commands with IFTT
... item to your shopping list is pretty cool, but there comes a point where you start to feel the limits of the Echo's pre-programmed voice commands. ...

Chinese Hacker Group Uses Dropbox for Malware Command and Control
NEWS ANALYSIS: The current malware threat isn't targeting U.S. interests now, but the hacker group could easily turn its attention in that direction ...