lwp-rget error message ("can't use string ("URI::URL") as ARRAY ref)

I've been using lwp-rget, for instance:

cyc$ lwp-rget --depth=2 --limit=100  "http://www.somesite.com/~whoever

with no problems. tonight I got this msg:

  Can't use string ("URI::URL")
  as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
  at /usr/local/path_to_module/URI/WithBase.pm line 41.

version info:
This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd

and:
This is lwp-rget version 1.19 (libwww-perl-5.52)

Any advice would be really appreciated. CYC.

0
cycmn
4/18/2001 10:06:17 AM
perl.libwww 3335 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi!

I have a simple program which opens each URL in a file and saves the result
(actually the HTML code of the requested document) into a data file.
Something like:
my $webdoc = $browser->request(HTTP::Request->new(GET => $url));
  and then
my $string = $webdoc->content;
print FILE $string;

But if I try to reach some URL's there an error emerges - out of memory.

I tried to save the content of the following URL's:
http://razor.fri.uni-lj.si:8080/misterP/bin/jpegpush2
http://home.izum.si/cobiss/konference/konf_2000/video/13.wmv

And it doesn't work - there is an out of memory error.

I think that that is because the program tries to download a lot of data -
video stream or big application... My question is: how to avoid this out of
memory error?

bye, Matej

0
matej