Net::LDAPS and Net::SSLeay

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3EF1A.51A96530

Hello all:

I am trying to use Net::LDAPS within a perl program in order to establish a
secure socket connection with my ldap server.  My program works fine if i
use the bind function from Net::LDAP module.

However, when I changed my source code to use the bind function from
Net::LDAPS, my program failed because it complained about the need for
IO::Socket::SSL module.

Then, when i started to run make for IO::Socket::SSL, it complained about
the need for Net::SSLeay.

The compilation for Net::SSLeay version 1.23 and version 1.21 (I have tried
both) fails cause it complains about having the same C compiler for openssl
and perl and it basically asks me to recompile openssl and perl again from
source code which I do not want to do.

So, can someone please suggest an alternative solution/s or any
ideas/comments.

Thanks a lot,

Kavita Chhabria
Systems Developer
Apogent Technologies
(269) 544-7515
 <mailto:kchhabria@apogent.com> kchhabria@apogent.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3EF1A.51A96530--
0
kchhabria
2/9/2004 2:38:01 PM
perl.ldap 1268 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP
Hi Graham, hi Chris, hi list, I would like to rework Net::LDAP::LDIF a bit so that its API resembles that of Net::LDAP a bit more while still keeping the traditional API. The reason for this is that in application I often need to distinguish between Net::LDAP and Net::LDAP::LDIF because some methods are only implemented on one side. I\'d like to start with a code() method that tries to mimic the Net::LDAP one and I\'d like to extend the Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method so that it takes a Net::LDAP::LDIF object as an argument. The latter one requires a...

[Fwd: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP]
--------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit --------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 Message-ID: <40C7B13E.8864E5A0@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:54:22 +1000 From: Sion Camilleri <sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Reply-To: sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>...

Fw: Re: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP
Am 08.06.2004 um 18:29 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben: > On 8 Jun 2004, at 16:56, peter@adpm.de wrote: > > I\'d like to start with a code() method that tries to mimic the >> Net::LDAP one and >I assume you mean better error handling ? My first goal is having a code() method in Net::LDAP::LDIF. > > I\'d like to extend the > > Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method so that it takes a > > Net::LDAP::LDIF object as an argument. The latter one > > requires a bit of work in Net::LDAP::LDIF to make it > > correct. > Not su...

Net::LDAP v0.28, bug in Net::LDAP::Constant, :all not supported
Net::LDAP::Constant no longer supports the :all tag in the export list due to the switch from Exporter to a manual export routine. So, while the following: perl -MNet::LDAP::Constant=:all -e 1 worked fine in 0.2701, it now dies with the error: ":all" is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at -e line 0 Can't continue after import errors at -e line 0 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted, <DATA> line 197. The documentation for Net::LDAP::Constant still documents the ':all' tag. I am not subscribed to the list, so if some...

Net::LDAP and Net:LDAP::LDIF read & add problems
I'm trying to read in a simple LDIF file to add an entry to my LDAP server. Here is the basic routine (extraneous details omitted for brevity and security): $ldif = Net::LDAP::LDIF->new($tmp,"r",onerror => 'warn'); $entry = $ldif->ready_entry(); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new($LDAPSERVER); $result=$ldap->bind("$binddn",password=>"$bindpass",version=>"3"); $result=$ldap->add($entry); Now, everything seems to work until I get to the $ldap->add method. From that I get various versions of the following: object...

Fw: Re: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP #2
Hi, Am 09.06.2004 um 01:44 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben: > Extending Net::LDAP::Entry to update against LDIF and LDAP objects > could allow the changetype modifications to be to produced. > > This would be really useful to produce changetypes for entry objects by > updating against an LDIF object to produce the changetype LDIF required > up to synchronise entry objects. as Graham posted you can to that already now. Simply create your Net::LDAP::Entry object with the changes option set to TRUE. Having created the ::LDIF object that way you autom...

Net::LDAP and Net:LDAP::LDIF read & add problems #2
I'm trying to read in a simple LDIF file to add an entry to my LDAP server. Here is the basic routine (extraneous details omitted for brevity and security): $ldif = Net::LDAP::LDIF->new($tmp,"r",onerror => 'warn'); $entry = $ldif->ready_entry(); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new($LDAPSERVER); $result=$ldap->bind("$binddn",password=>"$bindpass",version=>"3"); $result=$ldap->add($entry); Now, everything seems to work until I get to the $ldap->add method. From that I get various versions of the following: obj...

Net::LDAP based LDAP server available?
Hi, has anybody tried to build an LDAP server based on Net::LDAP or Convert::ASN1 yet? Thanks for any hint. Enrik ...

Net::LDAP & LDAP Decoding Error
--mvpLiMfbWzRoNl4x Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! I have a question about an LDAP query with Net::LDAP. I send queries to an OpenLDAP server (version 2.2.24). The queries are very simple and intended to detect already existing user entries. The code that prepares and sends the query looks like this: $filter =3D "(uid=3D".$username.")"; $filterobj =3D Net::LDAP::Filter->new($filter); $lres =3D $ldap->search( base =3D> $base, s...

Net::LDAP
Hello, Can anyone tell me why I am receiving an error can't locate Net/LDAP.pm in @ INC (@INC includes /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 etc, etc etc, etc. Thanks - Susan P.S - No, I am not a Student. On 11/3/03 5:17 pm, Susan Aurand <saurand@haywood.k12.nc.us> wrote: > Hello, > Can anyone tell me why I am receiving an error can't locate Net/LDAP.pm in @ > INC (@INC includes > /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 etc, etc etc, etc. How did you install perl-ldap? What is your complete @INC variable, and where on your box is LDAP.pm? > Thanks - Susan > P.S - No, I ...

Net::LDAP
Hello Graham, Firstly I hope it is OK that I write to you with a question? I have been using your module Net::LDAP (perl-ldap-0.31) which I find very useful, I am using it to authenticate users from Linux against MS Active Directory. My question would be if you know of a way to, from Linux, ask the network for a list of LDAP servers ... something like a service location protocol??? I read a little about OpenSLP but I am not sure if MS Active Directory supports this. If you have had a similar previous question or have thought about this before I would greatly appreciat...

LDAP and .Net
Hi:I have been looking at references to LDAP - and was hoping access one or more of this directories from a .Net application that I am working on.  Most of the references to LDAP I have seen are extremely abbreviated or extremely technical assuming a great deal of administrator experience.  I was wondering if someone could point me to a reference or suggested how I might get started creating a small LDAP directory - preferably on my local machine and how I might get started building a .Net (c#) online app that would access this LDAP.Any help greatly appreciated.Roger Swetnam  ...

Net::LDAPS
Hi everyone, I had working LDAP over SSL connection to an AD server from my GNU/Linux box for about a year when suddenly it stopped working. Perl scripts to manage users data (including passwords), PAM modules (nss_ldap), glibc's getent - all stopped working at the same time. What to do? I disabled SSL in all configs. Now pure LDAP works fine, but it doesn't allow me to manage the passwords. So it seems that the problem is on the AD side. I can connect using telnet to both 389 and 636 ports of the machine where the AD is installed. But when I try it with perl: [c...

Web resources about - Net::LDAPS and Net::SSLeay - perl.ldap