Net::LDAP based LDAP server available?

Hi,

has anybody tried to build an LDAP server based on Net::LDAP or
Convert::ASN1 yet?

Thanks for any hint.

Enrik
0
enrik
8/12/2003 1:48:33 PM
perl.ldap 1268 articles. 0 followers. Follow

eDirectory sync using LDAP
I'm testing OES Linux SLES9 SP2 and have installed GW7 successfully. I'm now going through the GW docs having a look at how to use GW on Linux and came across the section to setup an MTA to sync with eDir. My problem is that when I select 'setup eDirectory Access' the list of available ldap servers is empty. I found one note mentioning that list shows ldap servers that have been made available in ConsoleOne but I've no idea where to set that. Thanks, SteveC On 05/26/2006 Stephen Carter wrote: > I found one note mentioning that list shows ldap servers t...

Net::LDAP->root_dse() not returning an error (when LDAP server does)
Hello, I'm experimenting with "start_tls()" in Net::LDAP. The manual suggests to check the RootDSE for LDAPv3 and TLS extension. Somhow I managed that creating the LDAP object (i.e. connect) suceeds, but $ldap->root_dse() returns undef. Interesting to say that you cannot get much information out of an undef: May code fragment is this: sub start_TLS($$) { my ($ldap, $q) = @_; my $dse = $ldap->root_dse(); if ($dse && $dse->supported_version(3) && $dse->supported_extension(LDAP_EXTENSION_START_TLS)) { ...

make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP
Hi Graham, hi Chris, hi list, I would like to rework Net::LDAP::LDIF a bit so that its API resembles that of Net::LDAP a bit more while still keeping the traditional API. The reason for this is that in application I often need to distinguish between Net::LDAP and Net::LDAP::LDIF because some methods are only implemented on one side. I\'d like to start with a code() method that tries to mimic the Net::LDAP one and I\'d like to extend the Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method so that it takes a Net::LDAP::LDIF object as an argument. The latter one requires a...

Secure LDAP (ldaps)
hi I have implemented ldap authentication in our application using the sample given in "LDAP using EAServer and Powerbuilder" document. It is succefully implemented. But the network people has asked me to connect on secure port (ldaps) now. My problem is i don't know what i kind of setting i should do now on EAServer box and what i should do on the clients. I assume there is nothing to be done on the client because the call to ldap check is initiated from the EAServer Server to LDAP server using EJB (calling JNDI API). We are runnig EAServer on JDK 1.3. Can someone g...

[Fwd: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP]
--------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit --------------95D5815B06BDC2BD1A0ABFEB Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 Message-ID: <40C7B13E.8864E5A0@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:54:22 +1000 From: Sion Camilleri <sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au> Reply-To: sion@cs.adelaide.edu.au X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>...

Cannot add ldap server to ldap group
I get this message when I try to add the ldap server to ldap group: The following LDAP servers were not added to the list because of version incompatibilities: It is the only server on my network that run oes 2 with netware sp7. I have try to add the server through imanage and consoleone and get the exact same error. -- sl0000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sl0000 wrote: > > I get this message when I try to add the ldap server to ldap group: > > The following LDAP servers were not added to the list because...

How could log in LDAP client to LDAP server
Hi, all. I have a LDAP server with YasT. I've done configure for LDAP client with YaST (doing step by step follow with Documentary of SLED) but I can't log in with users LDAP. I don't understand why it doesn't work. Need more help. Thank so much. -- lamtran_linux ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lamtran_linux, you need to provide us more information like what type of ldap configuration with what parameters did you use ? What ldap backend are you using ? OpenLDAP server, eDirectory, ... Can you run a ldapsearc...

LDAP
Hi, I've recently configured an LDAP server (SUSE 11.1). All setup and configuration was done with YAST and all seemed to go fine. I setup the LDAP client on several network machines and LDAP login from all of them works perfectly, no problems. However back locally on the server when I try to login as an LDAP user I hit a brick wall !! su'ing to any LDAP user gives -su: user myuser does not exist- I've checked LDAP client has been configured on the server and the option User Authentication is Use LDAP If I run *slapcat* all LDAP entries appear correctly. ...

Cannot add LDAP servers to LDAP Group
Hi, I have 4 OES/Netware (6.5 SP6) servers all running the same level of patches and eDir versions. All LDAP servers are working correctly and this has been verified. Console One version is 1.3.6F and iManager version is 2.6 SP3 with the latest plugins. Now, I added some LDAP attributes to one of the servers and for security reasons, I want to share these extensions with another LDAP server. I created a new LDAP server group and whenever I try to add these two servers into the group, I get the following message : Failed to add LDAP Server(s) xxxxxxxxxxxx because of version...

Net::LDAP and Net:LDAP::LDIF read & add problems
I'm trying to read in a simple LDIF file to add an entry to my LDAP server. Here is the basic routine (extraneous details omitted for brevity and security): $ldif = Net::LDAP::LDIF->new($tmp,"r",onerror => 'warn'); $entry = $ldif->ready_entry(); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new($LDAPSERVER); $result=$ldap->bind("$binddn",password=>"$bindpass",version=>"3"); $result=$ldap->add($entry); Now, everything seems to work until I get to the $ldap->add method. From that I get various versions of the following: object...

Net::LDAP v0.28, bug in Net::LDAP::Constant, :all not supported
Net::LDAP::Constant no longer supports the :all tag in the export list due to the switch from Exporter to a manual export routine. So, while the following: perl -MNet::LDAP::Constant=:all -e 1 worked fine in 0.2701, it now dies with the error: ":all" is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at -e line 0 Can't continue after import errors at -e line 0 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted, <DATA> line 197. The documentation for Net::LDAP::Constant still documents the ':all' tag. I am not subscribed to the list, so if some...

Fw: Re: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP
Am 08.06.2004 um 18:29 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben: > On 8 Jun 2004, at 16:56, peter@adpm.de wrote: > > I\'d like to start with a code() method that tries to mimic the >> Net::LDAP one and >I assume you mean better error handling ? My first goal is having a code() method in Net::LDAP::LDIF. > > I\'d like to extend the > > Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method so that it takes a > > Net::LDAP::LDIF object as an argument. The latter one > > requires a bit of work in Net::LDAP::LDIF to make it > > correct. > Not su...

Fw: Re: make Net::LDAP::LDIF more similar to Net::LDAP #2
Hi, Am 09.06.2004 um 01:44 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben: > Extending Net::LDAP::Entry to update against LDIF and LDAP objects > could allow the changetype modifications to be to produced. > > This would be really useful to produce changetypes for entry objects by > updating against an LDIF object to produce the changetype LDIF required > up to synchronise entry objects. as Graham posted you can to that already now. Simply create your Net::LDAP::Entry object with the changes option set to TRUE. Having created the ::LDIF object that way you autom...

Net::LDAP and Net:LDAP::LDIF read & add problems #2