Open source perl database interface GUIs for unix?

I'd like to get a list of open source perl (DBI based) database
interface GUIs for unix (Tk/Gtk etc).

If people could send me (off-list) details of any they know
I'll summarize back to the list.

Thank you.

Tim.
perl.dbi.users 11100 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:09:05PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
> I'd like to get a list of open source perl (DBI based) database
> interface GUIs for unix (Tk/Gtk etc).

I should clarify that a little. Basically I'm intereted in something
that'll open a dialog box asking for connection details, then present
a window split between an SQL area and a results area.

Key things are a) Perl DBI based, b) open source, c) well structured
internally so it can be extended/subclassed/hooked/whatever to alter
behaviour. Can't be web-based.

Tim.

> If people could send me (off-list) details of any they know
> I'll summarize back to the list.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Tim.
0
Tim
10/18/2004 6:24:03 PM
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:24:03 +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:

Hi Tim

>=A0Can't be
>=A0web-based.

Oh :-((.
--
Cheers
Ron Savage, ron@savage.net.au on 19/10/2004

0
ron

Cannot open database "DataBase" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'User\ASPNET'.
hi all, i am having my asp.net project and database is in same system. in web.config i diclaire my connection string as <add name="MyWebConString" connectionString="Data Source=AIPL069\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyWeb;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> when i login application i got an error error is Server Error in '/MyWeb' Application. Cannot open database "MyWeb" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'AIPL069\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
Hi when i try and open a database in sql server management studio i get the error "Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)", what can i do to rectify this, i have googled around and still havent found no answers. Which authentication mode is your Sql Server configured - MixedMode, Windows Authentication or Sql Server Authentication? Please refer to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366351.aspx and http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/21/536201.aspx    Ple...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. (only when IDE is open)
I get the below error only when my IDE open. It connects well when it is found closed. [SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'JP\ASPNET'.] I could solve this by giving the logged in windows user to impersonate under IIS window > WEBSITE > ASP.NET tab > EDIT CONFIG > APPLICATION tab But I wish someone could give me the proper solution. I almost tried all from giving ASPNET user as a administrator to configuring the same in Express management tool. Environment: XP pro, VWD and SQL Express The problem i think...

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file .mdb. It is exclusively opened by another user...
Hi All.... Well I got the worst ever tricky problem.... I want to insert a value in my access database through the asp.net application. But i get the following error message: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\database\db1.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider() at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at test.WebForm2.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventAr...

Microsoft Access can't open the database because it is missing, or opened exclusively by another user
Microsoft Access can't open the database because it is missing, or opened exclusively by another user this is my code behind ...i reported the webserver and access is still locked.. there are no lib files ..i dont get it (when i run the page directly  on the webserver it always works) Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic Imports System.Diagnostics Partial Class _Default 'notice the class names now matchInherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Button8_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button8.clickDim access As New Process Dim obj...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'KONTORET\ASPNET'.
Hi all I get the above error when i try to  open http://localhost/Beerhouse. This is what i have done:Opened the TheBeerHouse.sln in WWD and copyed the website to my http://localhost/BeerhouseIIS and SQL Experss is running.I am logged in as Administrator. It works fine when i run F5 in the orginal solution, but i want to publish it to my localhost. TIA   First, try detaching the database in Visual Studio (by right clicking on it). If that doesn't help, try deleting the database log file (it will be re-created automatically). Jos Jos Branders: First, try detaching ...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'Server\Username'... again
I have been working for a few month on a project, when suddenly I can not access the local database I use for testing. Here are some details:Microsoft Visual Studio, C# application, The database is in the folder "App_Data," gets attached automatically, and is accessed using Windows authentication, and hence, no user accounts were created explicitely. Connection string:<add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="Sy...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'
 Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.  I have This Error When i try to log into My online web site, i have no idea how to fix it,one da...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed.\r\nLogin failed for user <ComputerName>\\ASPNET
Hi ,      Here I have a problem in connecting to the database . While Connecting to the database it return with following Error "Cannot open user default database. Login failed.\r\nLogin failed for user 'Computername\\Aspnet" Machine Consiguration: Visual studio 2008,SQL Server 2005 here is the connection string i have used  I have tried all the solutions like useing aspnet_regsql to configure the default database but i did not work Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFileName=C:\Program Files\\RSEInstaller\RSE.mdf;Integrated Security=true;User Instan...

OPEN SOURCE GOD: 480+ Open Source Applications
OPEN SOURCE GOD: 480+ Open Source Applications http://mashable.com/2007/09/23/open-source/ (credit go where credit is due, found the link in the current free edition of Gizmo's Support Alert newsletter You can read it online here: http://techsupportalert.com/issues/al_current.htm ) Bjorn Simonsen <bsusenet@broadpark.no> wrote in news:a7ech3p62tjeo1l560234q2ojsi4t2qnqc@4ax.com: > OPEN SOURCE GOD: 480+ Open Source Applications > > http://mashable.com/2007/09/23/open-source/ Great find! I discovered a LOT of apps I was looking for and could not find...

Cannot open database requested in login 'database'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'.
I am getting the following error from a previously working asp.net application Cannot open database requested in login 'fieldservice'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'. I checked the connection string dim myconn as sqlconnection=new sqlconnection("server=milkman;uid=webuser;pwd=xxx;database=fieldservice"), and it is the same as another application that is still working. I am able to use query anaylizer and connect to the db and run the query that is attempting with this information so I am lost. Anyone out there got any ideas? Thanks, Justin T...

Each user as database user
Good day! I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider. Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user. Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...  Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?  It is not. I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again. Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual dat...

Cannot open database requested in login "database". Login fails. Login failed for user 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'
Hi, I have a big problem with accessing asp.net application with sql server express database in IIS. Normally my application working fine but some time i got the error like "Cannot open database requested in login "database". Login fails. Login failed for user 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'. " i already gave permission for ASPNET account by calling stored procedure "exec sp_grantlogin 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'  my connection string is<remove name="TranslationConnectionString"/> <add name="TranslationConnectionString" connectionStri...

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

GUI
Name: Harry Email: haralddotstumpfatgmxdotde Product: Firefox Summary: GUI - User Interface improvement Comments: Hallo Firefox-Team, a big improvement would be if you can handel a page like in a pdf-reader. Means you can scroll/move it with that "hand"- icon up and down, this instead of using the mouse wheel or the scroll bar. i allways miss this when i us a http - page in a browser!!!! Thanks i would be great improvement, not only for me... Ciao from cold, snowy Germany Harry Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/20081013...

Web resources about - Open source perl database interface GUIs for unix? - perl.dbi.users

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Official Google iOS app updated w/ interface tweaks, better organization of Google Now cards
... Material Design aesthetic, while the Google Now cards in the app are now organized in a much more straightforward way. The voice search interface ...

Weather Underground gets interface improvements on iOS
The popular online weather service Weather Underground has just updated its official iOS app with a number of interface enhancements, thereby ...

Disney CEO & Apple board member Bob Iger calls Apple TV best television interface ever
... Executive Bob Iger said in an interview on Monday, praising Apple for creating what he believes is the most intuitive television user interface ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
... we showed you Dragon Drive , the voice-activation system that's now included in BMW's 7 Series. That's not the only advanced user interface ...

Firefox 43 adds new block list, updates Android user interface
Mozilla has rolled out Firefox 43 FINAL for Windows, Mac and Linux, with Firefox 43 for Android due to follow imminently. The desktop build ...

Samsung Shows Off New Smart Remote and Interface for Their Smart TVs
... hubs in 2016. On top of extensive smart home control by way of SmartThings , the company’s line of smart TVs will also be getting a user interface ...

IDG Contributor Network: Post-acquisition, LastPass rolls out new version with more user interface bling ...
... exists, revenue streams are sure to eventuate. The new version of LastPass, imaginatively called LastPass 4.0, has an entirely new user interface ...

Android’s design guru says iPhone interface is ‘heavy and burdensome’
The arrival of the original iPhone may have fundamentally changed Google’s plans for its Android smartphone platform, but according to Google’s ...

Sling TV Plans New Interface And Guide That Predicts What Users Want
... Sling CEO Roger Lynch says that the service won’t hike the price this year. He also said that later this quarter it will roll out a new interface, ...