DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events

Hi all

I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events.

From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase
implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to
Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle.
(2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the
database.

The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh,
'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script.

Am I missing something important or is there problems with
DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events

Regards
Brent Wesley

0
brent
12/7/2004 5:34:48 AM
perl.dbi.users 11100 articles. 1 followers. Follow

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

DBI DBD::Interbase install help
Hello, I'm trying to install the DBD::Interbase 0.28 module for my i386-Linux install of Perl 5.6.0 perl Makefile.PL and "make" return no errors, but I get this error message with "make install" PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t t/00base............ok t/10dsnlist.........ok t/20createdrop......ok t/30insertfetch.....ok t/40alltypes........DBD::InterBase::db do failed: Invalid toke...

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

Interbase 7.5 and Interbase 2007
I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have 20 user license that I use for trhe ERP of my company. Now I have purchaised Interbase 2007 with 5 user license for a new project. I would leave installed Interbase 7.5 for the 15 User and install the new Interbase 2007 with 5 license user on the same Windows Server 2003. It's possible? You can have multiple servers on one computer if you use the multi-instance feature. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I have installed Interbase 7.5 Server on Windows Server 2003 and and I have > 20 user license tha...

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Interbase server name in Interbase XE
I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE. To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE : //User creation in Interbase myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server"; myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false; myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Active = true; where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService. This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server". In Interba...

DBD::Interbase on win2000
Hi all, I'm using ppm for installing perl modules on Win2000. Now I need the DBD::Interbase driver and I can't find it in any repository. 1.) Where is it ? or 2.) perl patchbcc doesn't work. I receive the message: " can't rename .....C:\Programme\... d:\programme\perl\lib\core\perl56.lib to C:\Programme\... d:\programme\perl\lib\core\perl56_coff.lib: Permission denied " Where does this lib-path come from ? In my environment I've deleted all lib, include -variables. so what helps, that I can work with DBD::Interbase ? thanks ..................

DBD::Interbase for Win2000
Hi all, I'm using ppm for installing perl modules on Win2000. Now I need the DBD::Interbase driver and I can't find it in any repository. Where is it ? Or what can I do to connect to the Interbase-DB ? thanks ............... GERD .................... You should ask on one of ActiveState's lists. If they can, they will probably be glad to add it to their repositories. -- Mac :}) ** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. ** Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day. Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age. ----- Origin...

Interbase
Anyone have an Interbase 7.x or 2007 .xdb file created that they can share? Thanks, Chris ...

dbd::interbase and blobs
hi all, two years ago, I failed to rewrite a c interbase database upload program in perl because by then, it was impossible to create blob fields with DBD::Interbase. Since then, I haven't been following the progress in this field. Can anybody tell me if this module contains blob upload functionality by now? regards, Ruud ...

InterBase
Is it possible to connect Power Builder to InterBase Desktop ? With the Gemini InterBase ODBC driver that works fine. I would like to find another solution with a native driver or custom settings. PB does not offer other options. Why the adversion to ODBC? /ck <VincentDeRath> wrote in message news:235C6F052E726DF00025729785256C0C.002572BB85256C0C@webforums... > Is it possible to connect Power Builder to InterBase Desktop ? > With the Gemini InterBase ODBC driver that works fine. > > I would like to find another solution with a native driver or custom > ...

Interbase
Hello, I have downloaded the demo version of Powerbuilder but when I try to connect to my interbase database, PB retrieves the name of all the tables and procedures but not the fields or parameters. PB can't create table (system tables too). It can retrieve records in the table too. What can I do? Thank you Marc Allard ...

INTERBASE
how can i access the DB Interbase using PowerBuilder 7? Through ODBC. You must have PB Professional or Enterprise. PB Desktop won't work, since it has a restricted list of supported ODBC drivers. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Marcelo Reichert" <marcreichert@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:RexSrr1xAHA.165@forums.sybase.com... > how can i access the DB Interbase using PowerBuilder 7? > > ...

Back to InterBase 7.5 from InterBase XE
We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not look like blockers at the moment. If we solve these problems and upgrade the production database, but then find severe problems in the live environment, would it be possible to restore a XE backup and restore it in InterBase 7.5.1? -- Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > We are preparing a migration to XE from 7.5.1, and have found some minor > problems with XE (changed field types, connection drops), which do not > look...

Web resources about - DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events - perl.dbi.users