Accessing an MS Access-db remote from a Unix-system

--=_alternative 004CB57FC1256AE3_=

until now I thought it is impossible to access remotely an Access-db in an
Windows NT/2000 environment. But someone told me that it is possible (she
heard it from someone else, and so on...). Does anyone knows something
about it?

Greetings

Robert Roggenbuck
(Germany)
--=_alternative 004CB57FC1256AE3_=--
0
Robert
10/12/2001 1:56:46 PM
perl.dbi.users 11100 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Two ways of doing this.  Use DBI::ProxyServer and DBD::Proxy or install
third party ODBC software on your Unix system and set up a DSN.  Then use
DBD::ODBC to connect.

See docs for all of the above.

Ilya

until now I thought it is impossible to access remotely an Access-db in
an
Windows NT/2000 environment. But someone told me that it is possible
(she
heard it from someone else, and so on...). Does anyone knows something
about it?

Greetings

Robert Roggenbuck
(Germany)
0
Isterin
10/12/2001 2:06:47 PM
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Robert Roggenbuck wrote:

> until now I thought it is impossible to access remotely an Access-db in an
> Windows NT/2000 environment. But someone told me that it is possible (she
> heard it from someone else, and so on...). Does anyone knows something
> about it?

You'll need to use DBD::ODBC.  You'd have to use that even on Windows.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
To live is always desirable.
		-- Eleen the Capellan, "Friday's Child", stardate 3498.9

0
bmccoy

Remote Data Access to MS Access DB
I have been asked to write an Internal application to maintain an MS Access DB. I’m new to ASP.Net, only starting with 2.0. I need to be able to access a MS Access DB on a different server from my ASP.NET 2.0 application. How would I make the connection to this remote Access DB? Also, can I use VWD to do this?   Hi You can find sample code here And you have to configuresecurity settings that are required to connect to a remote Microsoft Access database from ASP.NET   Hope this helps.Sincerely,Young Fang Thanks yyy8347, Before I start,  I was just curious if the ...

Dbi objects to access an MS Access Db
I'm having a problem getting Tran-ide to recognize my access 2000 database. I've created a system dsn called Midas and created the attached nnsyreg.dat file and put it into e:\sybase\ImpactClient-5_3\config directory. I've also put this file in my projects directory and still get the following message. Unable to connect to session Midas. Any Advice? Thanks Brent begin 666 nnsyreg.dat M4V5S<VEO;BY-:61A<PT*"4Y.3U1?4TA!4D5$7TQ)0E)!4ED@/2!D8G0R-VUS M;V1B8PT*"4Y.3U1?1D%#5$]265]&54Y#5$E/3B ]($Y.4V5S3T1"0T9A8W1O M<GD-"@E.3E]315-?4T525D52(#T@24U...

how can I access MS Access db on the remote website, at design-time?
Hello! I have a remote website, which I open using Visual Studio. And there is located my data.db access file. Is it possible to create Dataset at design time, which will read the data from that db? When I create the dataset, and trying to add database, there is Oledb data provider, but it wants to work only with local files I need to add design-time dataset, to use them in ReportView. Thank you in advanceArtashes...

Sysinternals PsTools Fails to Disconnect Share Access Allowing Local Users to Gain Administrative Access on Remote Systems
Sysinternals PsTools Fails to Disconnect Share Access Allowing Local Users to Gain Administrative Access on Remote Systems http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2004/Jul/1010737.html SecurityTracker Alert ID: 1010737 SecurityTracker URL: http://securitytracker.com/id?1010737 CVE Reference: GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH (Links to External Site) Date: Jul 19 2004 Impact: Root access via network Fix Available: Yes Exploit Included: Yes Vendor Confirmed: Yes Version(s): 2.01, 2.02, and 2.03 Description: Some vulnerabilities were reported in Sysinternals PsTools. A local use...

Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
Hi all, I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable = to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no = password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot = connect. Please help. Regards, Javier Moreno Hi Javier, > I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot connect. Please help. > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %Sys...

Single user access on MS Access database
We just transitioned our DATA volume from a Netware traditional volume to a iSCSI connected NSS volume on a NetApp Filer FAS 270. Netware 6.5 Since the move we've noticed a MS Access database issue arise. When the database is opened by the next user they receice the error message: "MSysAccessObjects can not be opened it is currently opened by another user" This is an Access file table not a custom table. Is it a Oplocks and/or File Caching issue on the server? If so, where can I tuen that off? Does anyone know of any issues regarding MS Access and NSS volu...

Remote Access access
Hello, Currently new in the Web Matrix world and I'm a little lost. I'm looking for a way to connect to my remote Access database (ISP hosted) through the Workspace pane. I have an IP adress, even DNS, but I have no idea of how to formulate it to open my connection. I'm usually using FrontPage XP who includes a connection wizard. Thanks for any help ! You can only connect to Access databases that you have file access to. This means they must be either on your local computer, or on a computer share you have access to. One solution is to copy the MDB file to your local computer,...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Error when accessing MS Access DB. I Need Help!
Im getting and error "No value given for one or more required parameters" pointing at line 15. I don't know what this mean....Can any one help me resolve this. I'm trying to access a MS Access Database. My codes below: <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDB" %> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose....

default.dwt.aspx accessing MS access db
I have a default.dwt.aspx template where any updates here will copy to all my 15 .aspx pages, i'm doing a shopping cart and i have a promotions table in the left column. I tried using DWMX datasets to display the promotional items from the MS Access db, however once i added the datasets, DWMX won't allow me to save, it says theres an error. However i can add datasets freely on any other .aspx, anyone knows why? ...

Re: Re: Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
> From: Kevin Carothers <kevindotcar@gmail.com> > Date: 2005/03/30 Wed PM 06:44:48 CST > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe > Call the database connect name "ODBCName" > > 2. In your Perl code add: > [---] > use DBI; > [---] > $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:ODBCName",'',''); > [---] Just my opinion, but I don't think this is good advice. For one, it creates extra administration on the system, by forcing the user/programmer /sysadmin/webadmin to ...

McAfee VirusScan ActiveX Controls Let Remote Users Access the Target User's System
Date: Apr 27 2004 Impact: User access via network Exploit Included: Yes Description: A vulnerability was reported in McAfee VirusScan. A remote user may be able to access a target user's system. Jonathan Payne reported that the software appears to install several non-secure ActiveX controls. A remote user can reportedly create HTML that, when loaded by the target user, will invoke the ActiveX controls and access the target user's system. A demonstration exploit that accesses the target user's Windows registry is provided in the Source Message. Impact: A ...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Web resources about - Accessing an MS Access-db remote from a Unix-system - perl.dbi.users

UNIX System V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UNIX System V , commonly abbreviated SysV (and usually pronounced—though rarely written—as "System Five"), is one of the first commercial versions ...

YouTube - AT&T Archives: The UNIX Operating System
... 1960s, Bell Laboratories computer scientists Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson started work on a project that was inspired by an operating system ...

VIDEO: “The UNIX System: Making Computers…
“The UNIX System: Making Computers More Productive”, from 1982. Brian Kernighan, Dennis Ritchie, and Ken Thompson talk about what UNIX is, how ...

New malware exploiting Java 7 in Windows and Unix systems
Mal/JavaJar-B is a cross-platform exploit of a new zero-day vulnerability in the latest Java runtimes.

"It's a Unix system, I know this"
... butts, gang... I just found out, via Pixar's Michael B. Johnson , that the 3D file manager that Lex uses in Jurassic Park "It's a Unix system, ...

I Know This: Indie hidden object game that lets you hack Jurassic Park's Unix system
Missing Jurassic Park? Now you can relive the computer hacking scene from the film in a new indie game.

HP contributes Tru64 Unix file system to Linux
HP puts file system for HP's 64-bit Alpha Unix servers under open-source General Public License with goal of improving Linux.

Is Unix Now The Most Successful Operating System Of All Time?
... longer piece about the smartphone wars. One that makes me wonder whether Unix can now be considered to be the most successful operating system ...

IBM AIX, UNIX software for Power Systems
IBM Power Systems software - AIX

Remote hole in Bash leaves Linux, UNIX-based systems wide open
Remote hole in Bash leaves Linux, UNIX-based systems wide open