Re: Who is quicker: CHAR(*), VARCHAR(*) or TINYTEXT.

--=_68332EE2.4322565D

CHAR() is the quickest. =20

Fixed width is almost always the quickest way to handle data
from a programming perspective.  But it can be wasteful of memory
or disk space.  In the event that it uses so much RAM that your
server is swapping things in and out, then maybe VARCHAR()=20
would be faster.....but in most cases not.

--Matthew

>>> "Nick Kostirya" <nick@han.kherson.ua> 01/26/01 11:42AM >>>
Hi.

You would tell me who is quicker: CHAR(*), VARCHAR(*) or TINYTEXT.
I need to quicken DB to the maximum and to keep minimum size of the DB.

Thanks.
Nick.

--=_68332EE2.4322565D--
0
TEDDEMC
1/26/2001 4:46:11 PM
perl.dbi.dev 1960 articles. 0 followers. Follow