I am pleased to announce DBD::Sprite upgrade, v. 0.19, now
available at a CPAN mirror near you; and at the development site:
http://turnerville.virtualave.net ! A brief description of fixes and
changes is shown below:
0.10 Wed Aug 16
- Fix bug involving "like" and field values containing regex-
special characters, ie. ".".
0.11 Thu Aug 31
- Fix regex bug in Sprite.pm and add error-checking for SQL
- commands wo/space after table-name, ie "update table-name\n...".
0.12 Tue Sep 05
- Add size fields are truncated to to "-519" error message.
0.13 Tue Oct 10
- Fix CaseTableNames attribute to "sprite_CaseTableNames.
- Minor docs fix.
0.14 Thu Oct 12
- Added Oracle TO_DATE and CONCAT functions. Fixed bug now
allowing more than 1 argument for functions, and minor bug
which stripped wild-card chars from function results in "LIKE"
0.15 Thu Nov 02
- Fix bug that caused question marks in bound parameter values to be
treated as additional parameters.
0.16 Thu Dec 21
- Fixed bug which would not allow lower-case versions of the "AND" and
"OR" operators. Also made field-names used as right-values return
the appropriate value they represent rather than just a literal
string of the field name, ie. "update table set FIELD1 = FIELD2"
should now work properly instead of setting FIELD1 to "FIELD2" in
every record of "table".
0.17 Fri Mar 09
- Fixed bug where types not returned for cursor after update,
Fixed bug where table names not returned if space appeared after
- Fixed bug in "makesdb.pl" -- was encrypting wrong argument.
0.18 Wed Mar 13
- Changed comparisens of literal data with "CHAR" fields to first
pad the literal with appropriate spaces so that eqality tests would
pass (to work like Oracle and the way DBIx-Recordset expects).
Also added new option "StrictCharComp" to force the old behavior.
- Fixed bug that occasionally inserted a "0" instead of "" in numeric
fields when inserting NULL. To get the proper "old" behavior,
specify a default of zero for each numeric field, ie.
"NUMFIELD=NUMBER=0" in the top line of your Sprite table files.
- Added some code to check syntax of "where" clauses. (for DBIx-
- Fixed a couple of other small bugs that DBIx-Recordset tests found.
0.19 Wed Mar 21
- Fixed problem seeing all Windows file-names due to case-insensitivity
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com/