What systems using "\r\n" and what systems using "\n" etc ?

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010

Is that any module can help to detect what is the right new line =
declaration for the=20
current system ? Somwhat if the system is detected be Windows, the =
newline
declaration is "\n", for *nix, is "\r\n" , for Mac and etc.

Thanks in advise

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010--

0
perl

In article <002e01c353a9$54133830$3210a8c0@ORG>, LI NGOK LAM wrote:
> ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010
>
> Is that any module can help to detect what is the right new line =
> declaration for the=20
> current system ? Somwhat if the system is detected be Windows, the =
> newline
> declaration is "\n", for *nix, is "\r\n" , for Mac and etc.

This is covered in detail in "perldoc perlport" with Perl 5.8. Search
for the string "Newline" in the documentation and start reading.

	Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/

0
mark

Web resources about - What systems using "\r\n" and what systems using "\n" etc ? - perl.beginners

Type system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A type system associates a type with each computed value. By examining the flow of these values, a type system attempts to ensure or prove that ...

This Is How the System is Supposed to Work
... something something with the enemy, as just reported by NBC News. As I have stated repeatedly (and Sooner has as well), this is how the system ...

CentOS Linux 7 1511 is here download the free enterprise-class operating system now
For large businesses looking to embrace Linux and open source solutions, one of the best if not the best enterprise-grade operating systems is ...

'Terror' Shuts L.A. School System; NM Secretary of State Sentenced To Jail; How Trump COULD Lose: 'BradCast' ...
On today's BradCast , we cover the 'credible threat' of terror said to have been received by Los Angeles school officials out here, leading to ...

DHS modifies terror alert system
The alert level won't be based on a credible, specific threat, but will keep the public informed through bulletins

Nissan & Eaton Put Used EV Batteries To Use In Stationary Storage Systems
... storage applications after their “first life” has ended [&hellip Nissan & Eaton Put Used EV Batteries To Use In Stationary Storage Systems ...

System Shock 3 officially revealed, survey asks for preferred platforms, interest in VR
Third installment in cult classic sci-fi series System Shock is officially announced, after a week-long teaser campaign.

NYC School System Blames Idiot Principal For Ban On Santa, Thanksgiving, Pledge Of Allegiance
NYC School System Blames Idiot Principal For Ban On Santa, Thanksgiving, Pledge Of Allegiance

Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Position Held by Terra Nova Asset Management
Terra Nova Asset Management held its stake in Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) during the third quarter, according to its most recent filing ...

Building energy management system revenues expected to reach US$10.8 billion in 2024, says Navigant
... of solutions that embody the technology foundation of the Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing. As building energy management systems ...