Net-Telnet Module

Hello:

I am in the process of setting up a Solaris 8 box that will monitor 4
different systems for my company.  I want to make it idiot proof in that if
it ever gets rebooted, I want it to automatically xterm back into the 4
boxes that it is monitoring.

I have sucessfully created a script that will xterm into a different
machine, but I do not know how to send commands to the xterm after it is
opened so I can launch openview.

Any Ideas?

Brian

0
brian

Help with Net::Telnet module
I am looking for some help debugging a problem with the Net::Telnet module written by Jay Rogers. Here's the subroutine I am having problems with: sub login { $errmode = 'return'; $hostaddress = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'; $prompt = '/Sheldon_NS16>/'; $username = 'xxxxxxxx'; $password = 'xxxxxxxx'; $obj = new Net::Telnet ( Host => $hostaddress, Errmode => $errmode, Prompt => $prompt, Timeout => 15, Port => 23 ); $obj->login($u...

Problems with "show tech" using the Net::Telnet Module
I've made a little script to capture the output of networking devices. Everything works fine, until I use the "show tech" command in an Cisco device. The script does not save anything form the "show tech", but I can see that the TELNET Session gets back some output. But I can't figure out how to save this output from "show tech" into a file. There is no problem with commands which produce smaller output. I don't want to use the "Net::Telnet:Cisco" Module: Here is the part, that does not work the way I want: #!/usr/bin/perl # ...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

vb.net Modules in asp.net projects
I've added a module to my asp.net project (coded in vb.net). I've added a public string variable called (say) gstrUserAction. When the user clicks on one of buttons in the page (causing a postback), I populate this variable with an appropriate value ("SAVE" for example) and it is utilised inside my Page_PreRender event. This all worked just fine... However, I noticed that on subsequent postbacks (that weren't trigger by the user clicking on one of the buttons mentioned above) that the gstrUserAction variable still held the value from the previous post back (in the above example,...

Net::Telnet::Cisco telnet to PIX Firewall
Hi, I am a new perl user. I have problem telnet to Cisco PIX Firewall. Following is my testing perl script. I used net::telnet::cisco module telnet to Cisco routers or switches no problem. But, Cisco PIX Firewall not working. Please give me some advises. use Net::Telnet::Cisco; use strict; my $cnt_total=0; my $result ='Active'; my $host1='192.168.1.1'; #--- PIX Firewall inside Interface my $username1=''; my $password1='pix123'; #---- The password tested fine by manually telnet my $password_enable1='pix456'; my @cmd_output=(); ...

Beginner tutorial for ADO.NET with ASP.NET (VB)?
Does anyone know where there is a beginner tutorial for ADO.NET with ASP.NET (using VB)?  I mean some short, simple, quick and dirty code to:   Connect to a database Create a dataset with a select query How to use a couple of parameters in your select query Update Records Insert Records Delete Records Record Navigation (move first, move last, etc.) Etc.   And I mean code, no GridView stuff.  Just something to get someone started in the right direction that used ADO in the past before .NET.  Something that shows the basics ...

IO modules causing issues in Net::DNS module?
------_=_NextPart_001_01CAD72B.3BF72B9F Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! = I'm porting some software from a White Russian OpenWRT system to a new Kami= kaze 8.09.1 OpenWRT system but I am having some serious issues that I'm hop= ing you can help me with. = Old system Linux kernel 2.4.34 MIPSEL arch Perl 5.8.7 Net::DNS 0.48 IO 1.21 IO::Socket 1.28 IO::Socket::INET 1.28 = New system Linux kernel 2.6.26.8 MIPS arch Perl 5.10.0 Net::DNS 0.66 IO 1.23_...

NET:TELNET
Hi,I am using Perl ver 5.6.1. I have downloaded the NET::Telnet module and is able to log into telnet. But what I am unable to do is to open/edit a file from the client side. I had read the documenation and still unable to open the file using the <fhopen> method and <get> method. The documenation state that the Filehandle must already be open for this method to be used. Do U have any idea what that means? Or can you give me an simple example to juz open a file( server side) from the client. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. _______________________...

.Net Beginner
Hi.. Can someone help me please... I'm new to the .Net thing. When I create an aspx page using WebMatrix and save it to a folder on my webprovider (.Net capable), I get the following error. Isnt creating an aspx page as simple as asp page ? What am I missing ? Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To ena...

Net::Telnet
i am writing a short script to log into a unix type box, request a report, wait for the output and then log out. one problem i can't seem to figure out is how to slow down the transmission of my commands. occasionaly the commands i send lose a character or two which of course ... how do i slow the transmission rate thanks -- hcir mailto:g3pb@alaska.net Made with a Mac! on 02/07/2001 09:21 PM, g3pb at g3pb@alaska.net wrote: > i am writing a short script to log into a unix type box, request a report, > wait for the output and then log out. one problem i can...

modules, modules

Net::Telnet
i have written this script .. just supposed to log into computer on network and start a forwarded gnome session to my Nt machine ! problem is i cant get the prompt to match. #############perl script ################ #!e:\perl\bin\perl use Net::Telnet; $telnet = Net::Telnet->new ( Timeout => 90, Prompt => '/[\$%#>] $/', Host => '192.168.0.2' ); $telnet->login('kris', 'password'); $telnet->cmd('DISPLAY=192.168.0.10:0'); $telnet->cmd("export DISPLAY"); $...

Could anyone please answer a $telnetAte = Net::Telnet -> new...
--0-179085252-1090024258=:32842 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi, I am always grateful for your help. I use CYGWIN on win-2000 with a �$� prompt and run my .pl to telnet to a VxWorks station. doing it manually this is what I follow: telnet <return> open 144.248.176.132 <return> then I get the login prompt which is �VxWorks Login: � and I enter �marco� and the �password: � which I enter �system� then I get the vxworks prompt �-> � here I do a �pwd� and get the result and then the prompt again. Below is my code but does not log me...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Web resources about - Net-Telnet Module - perl.beginners