How to pass string in command line argument.

------=_Part_34745_22223991.1161859678592
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

hi ,

I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes (" );


below is my scenario

my xml file is something like this ..


<root>

<reff>
    <var1>123</var1>
     <var2>this is my name</var2>
</reff>
 <reff>
    <var1>234</var1>
     <var2>this is others name </var2>
</reff>
</root>

my perl script is something like this



 my $xmlfile = "./samp1.xml";
         my $ref = eval { XMLin($xmlfile) };

if ($@){

    print "XML Read ERROR";

} else {

foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {

system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
\"$item->{var2}\"");

the search.pl file consists of .

print "AGRV[1]";



my out put is

this is my name

this is others name



i understand that the string is getting passed to the perl script with out
quotes ..



just a straight string is geeting passed (like this  this is my name)

but i need to send the entire string including  double quotes to the
script.,something like this ( "this is my name")

Waiting for your solutions....

thanks in advance

perl guy

------=_Part_34745_22223991.1161859678592--
0
perlpra
10/26/2006 10:47:58 AM
perl.beginners 29388 articles. 4 followers. Follow

6 Replies
724 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

perl pra wrote:
> hi ,
> 
> I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes (" );
> 
> 
> below is my scenario
> 
> my xml file is something like this ..
> 
> 
> <root>
> 
> <reff>
>    <var1>123</var1>
>     <var2>this is my name</var2>
> </reff>
> <reff>
>    <var1>234</var1>
>     <var2>this is others name </var2>
> </reff>
> </root>
> 
> my perl script is something like this
> 
> 
> 
> my $xmlfile = "./samp1.xml";
>         my $ref = eval { XMLin($xmlfile) };
> 
> if ($@){
> 
>    print "XML Read ERROR";
> 
> } else {
> 
> foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
> 
> system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
> \"$item->{var2}\"");
> 
> the search.pl file consists of .
> 
> print "AGRV[1]";
> 
> 
> 
> my out put is
> 
> this is my name
> 
> this is others name
> 
> 
> 
> i understand that the string is getting passed to the perl script with out
> quotes ..
> 
> 
> 
> just a straight string is geeting passed (like this  this is my name)
> 
> but i need to send the entire string including  double quotes to the
> script.,something like this ( "this is my name")

Why are you shelling out to another Perl process just to print a value from a
hash? As far as I can tell your loop should look like this:

foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
   print qq("$item->{var2}"\n);
}


Cheers,

Rob
0
rob
10/26/2006 11:56:48 AM
On 10/26/2006 05:47 AM, perl pra wrote:
> hi ,
> 
> I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes (" );
> 
> 
> below is my scenario
> 
> my xml file is something like this ..
> 
> 
> <root>
> 
> <reff>
>    <var1>123</var1>
>     <var2>this is my name</var2>
> </reff>
> <reff>
>    <var1>234</var1>
>     <var2>this is others name </var2>
> </reff>
> </root>
> 
> my perl script is something like this
> 
> 
> 
> my $xmlfile = "./samp1.xml";
>         my $ref = eval { XMLin($xmlfile) };
> 
> if ($@){
> 
>    print "XML Read ERROR";
> 
> } else {
> 
> foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
> 
> system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
> \"$item->{var2}\"");
> 
> the search.pl file consists of .
> 
> print "AGRV[1]";
> 
> 
> 
> my out put is
> 
> this is my name
> 
> this is others name
> 
> 
> 
> i understand that the string is getting passed to the perl script with out
> quotes ..
> 
> 
> 
> just a straight string is geeting passed (like this  this is my name)
> 
> but i need to send the entire string including  double quotes to the
> script.,something like this ( "this is my name")
> 
> Waiting for your solutions....
> 
> thanks in advance
> 
> perl guy
> 


Under Linux, you could separate the arguments in the system() call, like so:

system('perl','C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl',
  '-n', '"' . $item->{var2} . '"');

Obviously, you're not running under Linux, so try this:

system(qq{perl "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\\search.pl" -n 
"\\"$item->{var2}\\""});

I'm unsure of how many backslashes you need to escape those quotes.


0
mumia
10/26/2006 2:03:45 PM
perl pra wrote:
 >
 > Rob Dixon wrote:
 >>
 >> perl pra wrote:
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes (" );
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> below is my scenario
 >>>
 >>> my xml file is something like this ..
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> <root>
 >>>
 >>> <reff>
 >>>    <var1>123</var1>
 >>>     <var2>this is my name</var2>
 >>> </reff>
 >>> <reff>
 >>>    <var1>234</var1>
 >>>     <var2>this is others name </var2>
 >>> </reff>
 >>> </root>
 >>>
 >>> my perl script is something like this
 >>>
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> my $xmlfile = "./samp1.xml";
 >>>         my $ref = eval { XMLin($xmlfile) };
 >>>
 >>> if ($@){
 >>>
 >>>    print "XML Read ERROR";
 >>>
 >>> } else {
 >>>
 >>> foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
 >>>
 >>> system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
 >>> \"$item->{var2}\"");
 >>>
 >>> the search.pl file consists of .
 >>>
 >>> print "AGRV[1]";
 >>>
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> my out put is
 >>>
 >>> this is my name
 >>>
 >>> this is others name
 >>>
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> i understand that the string is getting passed to the perl script with
 >>> out
 >>> quotes ..
 >>>
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> just a straight string is geeting passed (like this  this is my name)
 >>>
 >>> but i need to send the entire string including  double quotes to the
 >>> script.,something like this ( "this is my name")
 >>
 >> Why are you shelling out to another Perl process just to print a value
 >> from a
 >> hash? As far as I can tell your loop should look like this:
 >>
 >> foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
 >>   print qq("$item->{var2}"\n);
 >> }
 >
 > ------- thats just example i gave actually i have to search for the
 > string with quote included in the string.
 >
 > I am clueless abt the solution as i am beginner.
 >
 > waiting for some suggestion or solution.

(Please keep your posts on the beginners list so that others can help me to help
you, and also benefit from the solution to your problem. Thanks.)

Please tell us exactly what it is you need to do. Shelling into Perl from
Perl is almost certainly the wrong way to go about it, but It's not at all clear
what end result you need.

What I can suggest is this:

   perl -e "print $ARGV[0], qq(\n)" "\"xxx\""

but I have the horrible feeling I'm helping you to create something very ugly!

Let us know the full details please,

Rob
0
rob
10/26/2006 2:55:10 PM
------=_Part_63336_16565188.1162018376337
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

I tried this but no luck..

let me tell me explain my problem in detail to you guys so that you  may
give me the apt solution.

i have perl script that searches given string (the string should be passed
in command line argument),

The string should be sent to the script with double quotes attached to it
..(if the string is sent to the script with quotes the spaces in the string
are taken as AND other wise the spaces are taken as OR)

I will write all these strings in xml file with quotes...

I have to retrive these strings and then send to the script ....
(i am sending the string to script something like this
  system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
\"$item->{var2}\"");

If i send the string as above the script is not taking the double quotes ..
it searches with the plain string (with out double quotes and produce the
wrong results .)

hope that explains the problem i have..

Is there any other way to solve the problem ...other than the way which i am
employing..

I am stuck up. please give me some solution.

Waiting for solutions..

Thanks in advance
Perl Pra


On 10/26/06, Mumia W. <mumia.w.18.spam+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> On 10/26/2006 05:47 AM, perl pra wrote:
> > hi ,
> >
> > I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes ("
> );
> >
> >
> > below is my scenario
> >
> > my xml file is something like this ..
> >
> >
> > <root>
> >
> > <reff>
> >    <var1>123</var1>
> >     <var2>this is my name</var2>
> > </reff>
> > <reff>
> >    <var1>234</var1>
> >     <var2>this is others name </var2>
> > </reff>
> > </root>
> >
> > my perl script is something like this
> >
> >
> >
> > my $xmlfile = "./samp1.xml";
> >         my $ref = eval { XMLin($xmlfile) };
> >
> > if ($@){
> >
> >    print "XML Read ERROR";
> >
> > } else {
> >
> > foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
> >
> > system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
> > \"$item->{var2}\"");
> >
> > the search.pl file consists of .
> >
> > print "AGRV[1]";
> >
> >
> >
> > my out put is
> >
> > this is my name
> >
> > this is others name
> >
> >
> >
> > i understand that the string is getting passed to the perl script with
> out
> > quotes ..
> >
> >
> >
> > just a straight string is geeting passed (like this  this is my name)
> >
> > but i need to send the entire string including  double quotes to the
> > script.,something like this ( "this is my name")
> >
> > Waiting for your solutions....
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > perl guy
> >
>
>
> Under Linux, you could separate the arguments in the system() call, like
> so:
>
> system('perl','C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl',
> '-n', '"' . $item->{var2} . '"');
>
> Obviously, you're not running under Linux, so try this:
>
> system(qq{perl "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\\search.pl" -n
> "\\"$item->{var2}\\""});
>
> I'm unsure of how many backslashes you need to escape those quotes.
>
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@perl.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-help@perl.org
> <http://learn.perl.org/> <http://learn.perl.org/first-response>
>
>
>

------=_Part_63336_16565188.1162018376337--
0
perlpra
10/28/2006 6:52:56 AM
perl pra wrote:
 >
 > On 10/26/06, Mumia W. <mumia.w.18.spam+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
 >>
 >> On 10/26/2006 05:47 AM, perl pra wrote:
 >> > hi ,
 >> >
 >> > I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes ("
 >> );
 >> >
 >> >
 >> > below is my scenario
 >> >
 >> > my xml file is something like this ..
 >> >
 >> >
 >> > <root>
 >> >
 >> > <reff>
 >> >    <var1>123</var1>
 >> >     <var2>this is my name</var2>
 >> > </reff>
 >> > <reff>
 >> >    <var1>234</var1>
 >> >     <var2>this is others name </var2>
 >> > </reff>
 >> > </root>
 >> >
 >> > my perl script is something like this
 >> >
 >> >
 >> >
 >> > my $xmlfile = "./samp1.xml";
 >> >         my $ref = eval { XMLin($xmlfile) };
 >> >
 >> > if ($@){
 >> >
 >> >    print "XML Read ERROR";
 >> >
 >> > } else {
 >> >
 >> > foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
 >> >
 >> > system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
 >> > \"$item->{var2}\"");
 >> >
 >> > the search.pl file consists of .
 >> >
 >> > print "AGRV[1]";
 >> >
 >> >
 >> >
 >> > my out put is
 >> >
 >> > this is my name
 >> >
 >> > this is others name
 >> >
 >> >
 >> >
 >> > i understand that the string is getting passed to the perl script with
 >> out
 >> > quotes ..
 >> >
 >> >
 >> >
 >> > just a straight string is geeting passed (like this  this is my name)
 >> >
 >> > but i need to send the entire string including  double quotes to the
 >> > script.,something like this ( "this is my name")
 >> >
 >> > Waiting for your solutions....
 >> >
 >> > thanks in advance
 >> >
 >> > perl guy
 >> >
 >>
 >>
 >> Under Linux, you could separate the arguments in the system() call, like
 >> so:
 >>
 >> system('perl','C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl',
 >> '-n', '"' . $item->{var2} . '"');
 >>
 >> Obviously, you're not running under Linux, so try this:
 >>
 >> system(qq{perl "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\\search.pl" -n
 >> "\\"$item->{var2}\\""});
 >>
 >> I'm unsure of how many backslashes you need to escape those quotes.
 >
 > I tried this but no luck..
 >
 > let me tell me explain my problem in detail to you guys so that you  may
 > give me the apt solution.
 >
 > i have perl script that searches given string (the string should be passed
 > in command line argument),
 >
 > The string should be sent to the script with double quotes attached to it
 > .(if the string is sent to the script with quotes the spaces in the string
 > are taken as AND other wise the spaces are taken as OR)
 >
 > I will write all these strings in xml file with quotes...
 >
 > I have to retrive these strings and then send to the script ....
 > (i am sending the string to script something like this
 >  system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
 > \"$item->{var2}\"");
 >
 > If i send the string as above the script is not taking the double quotes ..
 > it searches with the plain string (with out double quotes and produce the
 > wrong results .)
 >
 > hope that explains the problem i have..
 >
 > Is there any other way to solve the problem ...other than the way which
 > i am
 > employing..
 >
 > I am stuck up. please give me some solution.
 >
 > Waiting for solutions..
 >
 > Thanks in advance
 > Perl Pra

(Please bottom-post your replies, otherwise long threads can easily become
incomprehensible. Thank you.)

First of all that's more simply written as

my $search = 'C:\Document and settings\Desktop\search.pl';
system(qq(perl $search -n "$item->{var2}"));

and if you have ActiveState Perl installed with file types associated properly
then you can just put

system(qq($search -n "$item->{var2}"));

Do you have control over the search program? Because it is being passed all the
information it needs and throwing it away. If I write

system(qq($search -n "a b c" d e f));

then four parameters will be passed - 'a b c', 'd', 'e', and 'f'.

Presumably what the search program does is to mash them together into a single
string giving just 'a b c d e f', with no way of separating them again. I
recommend you fix this if at all possible.

Finally, if you must, this will solve your problem in the way you've approached
it:

my $search = 'C:\Document and settings\Desktop\search.pl';
system(qq(perl $search -n "\"$item->{var2}\""));

or to go closer to your original,

system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n 
\"\\\"$item->{var2}\\\"\"");


HTH,

Rob


0
rob
10/28/2006 2:36:50 PM
On 10/28/2006 01:52 AM, perl pra wrote:
> On 10/26/06, Mumia W. <mumia.w.18.spam+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/26/2006 05:47 AM, perl pra wrote:
>> > hi ,
>> >
>> > I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes ("
>> );
>> >
>> >
>> > below is my scenario
>> >
>> > my xml file is something like this ..
>> >
>> >
>> > <root>
>> >
>> > <reff>
>> >    <var1>123</var1>
>> >     <var2>this is my name</var2>
>> > </reff>
>> > <reff>
>> >    <var1>234</var1>
>> >     <var2>this is others name </var2>
>> > </reff>
>> > </root>
>> >
>> > my perl script is something like this
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > my $xmlfile = "./samp1.xml";
>> >         my $ref = eval { XMLin($xmlfile) };
>> >
>> > if ($@){
>> >
>> >    print "XML Read ERROR";
>> >
>> > } else {
>> >
>> > foreach my $item (@{$ref->{reff}}) {
>> >
>> > system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
>> > \"$item->{var2}\"");
>> >
>> > the search.pl file consists of .
>> >
>> > print "AGRV[1]";
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > my out put is
>> >
>> > this is my name
>> >
>> > this is others name
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > i understand that the string is getting passed to the perl script with
>> out
>> > quotes ..
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > just a straight string is geeting passed (like this  this is my name)
>> >
>> > but i need to send the entire string including  double quotes to the
>> > script.,something like this ( "this is my name")
>> >
>> > Waiting for your solutions....
>> >
>> > thanks in advance
>> >
>> > perl guy
>> >
>>
>>
>> Under Linux, you could separate the arguments in the system() call, like
>> so:
>>
>> system('perl','C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl',
>> '-n', '"' . $item->{var2} . '"');
>>
>> Obviously, you're not running under Linux, so try this:
>>
>> system(qq{perl "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\\search.pl" -n
>> "\\"$item->{var2}\\""});
>>
>> I'm unsure of how many backslashes you need to escape those quotes.
>>
> I tried this but no luck..
>
> let me tell me explain my problem in detail to you guys so that you  may
> give me the apt solution.
>
> i have perl script that searches given string (the string should be passed
> in command line argument),
>
> The string should be sent to the script with double quotes attached to it
> .(if the string is sent to the script with quotes the spaces in the string
> are taken as AND other wise the spaces are taken as OR)
>
> I will write all these strings in xml file with quotes...
>
> I have to retrive these strings and then send to the script ....
> (i am sending the string to script something like this
>  system("perl C:\\Document and settings\\Desktop\\search.pl -n
> \"$item->{var2}\"");
>
> If i send the string as above the script is not taking the double quotes ..
> it searches with the plain string (with out double quotes and produce the
> wrong results .)
>

Did you see the double backslashes I had in my program?

> hope that explains the problem i have..
>
> Is there any other way to solve the problem ...other than the way which
> i am
> employing..
>
> I am stuck up. please give me some solution.
>
> Waiting for solutions..
>
> Thanks in advance
> Perl Pra
>
>

Perl Pra, please bottom-post your replies. When you reply, place your 
reply below the quoted text. This makes technical conversations more 
logical.

On my Linux system, this program prints �"Hi there"� :

if (@ARGV < 1) {
     system (qq{$0 "\\"Hi there\\""});
} else {
     print $_, "\n" for (@ARGV);
}




0
mumia
10/29/2006 12:38:25 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

Passing command line arguments
------_=_NextPart_001_01C54075.E7225C28 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a script that is reading input from ARGV. The script is being passed a file name as follows: =20 datefile.pl c:\program files\IBM\SQLLIB\DB2\db2diag.log =20 The problem I am running into is that the space is not recognized in the argument. All that I get passed to is is c:\program . How do I get the rest of the argument. Below is a portion of the script. Thanks. =20 #*********************************************** # check i...

Passing command line arguments to a XUL application? How?
I have an application which is started on client hosts using "firefox -chrome chrome://idesk/chrome". I am looking for a solution to pass an additional URL as argument to the application where the application get some further UI informations from. This since URL is specific to the client I can not hard-code the URL into the XUL application. I played with reading the information from a local configuration file in the file-system (which works) but the client application can run on any operating system and being installed in any location..so there is no fixed location I can...

Passing command line arguments to XUL application
Hi all, I am new to XUL. I am trying to port a MFC web application to XUL. I have gone through the tutorial for creating XUL-based browser application (launched with XULRunner.exe) without using any C++ code. All the code is in JavaScript. One problem I am having is to retrieve the command line arguments that I pass to the XUL application. In the MFC version, I would execute something like: myApp.exe -x 200 -y 400 -z "long string argument" So in my XUL-based application I tried the following: XULRunner.exe myApp -x 200 -y 400 -z "long string arg...

Can I pass dynamic command-line arguments?
Is there a way to pass dynamic command-line arguments when I run the .wdk file? Shoshana Kalson ...

Passing data arguments via command line
Sorry, let's try that again with a sensible subject line -- Mo ======== Hi all, This is a very dim question, but hey, this is a beginners' list so I hope you'll forgive me. I want to be able to pass variable data arguments to my perl script from an outside application by calling a command line that's something along the lines of: perl myscript.pl "data1" "data2 "data3" (a) is it possible to pass data arguments via the command line in this way? (b) inside the script I want to assign them to variables -- but how do I reference...

Passing table name as (command line) argument
Any way to pass the name of a table to be processed via an argument either from a command line or in a composite report. We have several tables that are processed by otherwise identical reports/cross-tabs. Rick; If you have PowerBuilder at your site you could do it by: 1) In PB, create a global function(GF). In that function, use the "GetContextKeywords" method to access DOS environment variables. Return a "String" of the DOS variable you wish to locate. 2) In PB, modify the report Window class in the IMStyle.pbl library that IM uses to build the E...

How to pass 2 command arguments for a single command?
Hi I need 2 command arguments for edit . I tried to Pass like CommandArgument='<%# Eval("Path") +'|'+Eval("imageTypeId") this and in the .csstring arg = Convert.ToString(e.CommandArgument); Response.Write(arg);string[] splitarg = arg.Split('|'); Response.Write(splitarg[0]); Its not working. can anyone help me?  I'm using XmlDatasource try this CommandArgument='<%# XPath("Name").ToString() + "|" + XPath("Name").ToString()%>' Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the p...

superreview requested: [Bug 208363] mozilla -compose cannot interpret UTF-8 String correctly : [Attachment 230481] Convert command line arguments from native charset to unicode
Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org> has asked neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> for superreview: Bug 208363: mozilla -compose cannot interpret UTF-8 String correctly https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=208363 Attachment 230481: Convert command line arguments from native charset to unicode https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=230481&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org> Following discussion on #seamonkey, we probably don't want to go to the trouble of modifying nsICommandLineService if it...

superreview granted: [Bug 208363] mozilla -compose cannot interpret UTF-8 String correctly : [Attachment 230481] Convert command line arguments from native charset to unicode
neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> has granted Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org>'s request for superreview: Bug 208363: mozilla -compose cannot interpret UTF-8 String correctly https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=208363 Attachment 230481: Convert command line arguments from native charset to unicode https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=230481&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> This is the right thing to do by comparison with DoCommandLines(). ...

command line arguments
This script gives me nothing: #!/usr/bin/perl -F/\t/ -ap print @F[14 .. 17] if $F[0] eq "H" and $F[5] = 1816; print @F[14 .. 17] if $F[0] eq "H" and $F[5] = 5380; print @F[14 .. 17] if $F[0] eq "H" and $F[5] = 5370; The file is indeed tab delimited, and the sixth field should have a number in it the line starts with a 'H'. When I run this script in debug mode, there is nothing in the array @F. version of perl: 5.003 (upgrade is not a consideration right now... :-( ) ABhagwandin@STSSystems.com wrote: > > This script gives me no...

Command Line arguments
I am using the Arcana to run several programs on a regular basis. I want to run several reports using this scheduler. I saw posts earlier on but can find them on what command line arguments I should be using. Can someone help me? -- Jeff Barnett jeff_barnett@bc.sympatico.ca fax:250-370-8940 There is a tech doc available on the SDN: Doc ID: 44647 http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44647 -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Jeff Barnett wrote in message ... >I am using the Arcana to run several programs on a regular basis. >I want...

Command line argument
I want to pass a command line argument to my application when I start it. When I am using the window plugin the pbd's get downloaded and plugin executes them. In this scenario, Is there any way I can pass command line argument to the application at the client side when the plugin executes it. Thanks Haider ...

Web resources about - How to pass string in command line argument. - perl.beginners

Argument (linguistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , an argument is an expression that helps complete the meaning of a predicate . Most predicates take one, two, or three arguments. ...

Judge Gets Whimsical When Dealing With A Dumb Argument
We've all heard arguments that were dumb, or even just plain wrong. This is how one judge deals with it.

Net neutrality supporters optimistic after court arguments
(credit: Daniel Gies ) Net neutrality supporters optimistic after court arguments Internet providers suing the Federal Communications Commission ...

"This oral argument... shone a light on the inaccuracy of the concept of 'one person, one vote' that ...
... That's always a pretty decent idea." The last 3 sentences in an 8-sentence update I just added to last night's "Supreme Court Hears Arguments ...

Opening Arguments Begin In Trial For Officer Charged In Gray’s Death « CBS Baltimore
A jury is seated, opening statements are complete and the prosecution calls its first witness in the trial for one of six officer’s charged in ...

Supreme Court hears oral arguments in Texas affirmative action case
CNN Supreme Court hears oral arguments in Texas affirmative action case CNN Washington (CNN) In possibly the most consequential case concerning ...

Chrissy Teigen And Donald Trump Exchange Blows In Nasty Twitter Argument
Chrissy Teigen And Donald Trump Exchange Blows In Nasty Twitter Argument

A Completely Dumb And Unnecessary Argument About Sex Scenes
Batman v Superman is coming out soon, and the man in charge of this fiasco was also the architect of arguably the worst sex scene in movie history. ...

Arguments for Claiming Social Security Early
Believe it or not, legitimate arguments exist for claiming Social Security early. Sometimes individuals simply need the funds to survive and ...

All the GOP Anti-Climate Change Arguments and Why They're Wrong
From “global warming is a hoax because it’s snowing” to “maybe this is our fault but we’re not doing a damn thing about it,” the climate rhetoric ...

Resources last updated: 12/9/2015 12:48:06 PM