How to get file version?

I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of the file.  It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way.  Anybody knows what Perl function or module will work?

Thanks,

HL
0
ha

Ha Le wrote:

> I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of
> the file.  It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way.  Anybody knows what
> Perl function or module will work?

what file version do you refer to?

david
0
dzhuo
9/27/2002 12:04:37 AM
Could you be more specific about what you mean by "version"?  You mean
for an executable?

James

On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 07:23  PM, Le, Ha (OPB) wrote:

> I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out
> of the file.  It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way.  Anybody
> knows what Perl function or module will work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> HL
>
> --

james

Help on how to get Product Version and File Version on exe file
Hi All, Is there a way of getting the Product and File version of my pb application during runtime? Is there a pb function I can use or do I have to use an API function to do this? Currently using PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 Regards and Thanks, Willie ...

Get File Version from EXE File
hi folks how can i get the file version from a exe file. i need that information for a setup download website. best regards Philipp Use System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(path) to get the version info of a file.Hope this helps!Paul yes, thanks a lot :)...

Getting file version
I want to get the version of a file Here's what I have in the Global External Functions Function long GetFileVersionInfoSize (string lptstrFilename, long lpdwHandle) Library "version.dll" Alias for "GetFileVersionInfoSizeA" and here's what I have in a button in an empty window long ll_dummy = 0, ll_size = 0 string ls_file = "C:\MyFile.EXE" ll_size = GetFileVersionInfoSize (ls_file, ll_dummy) messagebox(string(ll_size), "") ll_size always = 0 no matter what. When I try the same code in Microsoft Access, it works perfect...

How to get the version number of a file ?
Hello, I use a VB exe file with my PB Application. I wish to know the version number. Is is possible with API? I have tried to use the PFC but only the date is avalaible and returns "00/00/00". May someone help me ? Check the File version Information thread in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general I haven't found the definitive answer yet, but this shows the general method (using various API calls), and hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon! Simon Olivier AIMOND wrote in message ... >Hello, > >I use a VB exe file with my PB ...

Get executable file version
I am using PB 9. I generate an executable file and put the version 2.1.0.0 on all project versions' fields. How can I get this numbers on my application? Thiago Campos Pereira wrote: > I am using PB 9. > > I generate an executable file and put the version 2.1.0.0 on all project > versions' fields. How can I get this numbers on my application? > > http://eshop.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,44648,00.html -- Roy ...

How to get file version? #2
I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what Perl function or module will work? Thanks, HL On Sep 26, Le, Ha (OPB) said: >I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of >the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows >what Perl function or module will work? How are you defining a file version? -- Jeff "japhy" Pinyan japhy@pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/ RPI Acac...

Getting File Version
I'm sorry, I see it's been asked here a couple times but I need a different version number than the one the example on codexchange gets. Looking at the deployment window in PB I set the following just to see where everyone is pulling from. executable: product verison 1.2.3.4 file version: 4.3.2.1 used by installer product version: 9.6.3.5 file verison 7.4.1.8 Now using NSIS to build my installer, it pulls 7.4.1.8. Using the version10 project from codexchange, it pulls 1.2.3.4. I've tried this code: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002724 and I get an array out...

How to get a file version of an exe
If I right click on a file and select properties, I get a window with a version tag that shows me the version of the file. How can I get that with code? I have been looking at the following window api call: BOOL GetFileVersionInfo(LPCSTR lptstrFilename, DWORD dwHandle, DWORD dwLen, LPVOID lpData ); Does anyone have some sample code that does this? I always get confused when trying to match arguments with windows api and I'm not sure how to use this if this is even the right way. Thanks > If I right click on a file and select properties, I get a > ...

regex to get version from file name
--089e01633aa82c2de204f2eb5814 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi all, From the below file names I only need the version number 1.2.4 without explicitly specifying it. check_mk-1.2.4.tar.gz check_mk-agent-1.2.4-1.noarch.rpm check_mk-agent-logwatch-1.2.4-1.noarch.rpm check_mk-agent-oracle-1.2.4-1.noarch.rpm mk-livestatus-1.2.4.tar.gz mkeventd-1.2.4.tar.gz What regex can I use to obtain only the string value 1.2.4 from the file names (or whatever future versions based on the 3 numbers separated by 3 dots, [0-9].[0-9].[0-9]? Thanks! Wernher --089e016...

RE: How do I get DLL file versions
This approach works >> use Win32::API; sub GetFileVersion { my $fn = shift @_; if (! $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize) { $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize = new Win32::API("Version", "GetFileVersionInfoSize", [P, P], I); if ( ! defined $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize) { warn "Cannot import KERNEL fcn : GetFileVersionInfoSize : $!"; return undef; } } # OK, we've got a handle for GetFileVersionInfoSize; use it! my $z = 0; my $sz = $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize->...

How to get the product and file version after deployment
Hi All, Is there a way to get the product version and file version of my application after deployment? If we create a project from powerbuilder, there is an entry there for product and fie version, and I was gonna use it for the about window so that I won't have to change the about window everytime there is a new build. Is this possible? I'm using PB 9.0.1 build 7171 Regards and Thanks Willie There is an NVO at http://www.sybase.com/pb8examples/versioninformationexample you can use. On 8 Aug 2004 18:56:22 -0700, Willie Paredes wrote: >Hi All, > >I...

How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive
How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive from within PowerBuilder. I cannot find a built in function or an example of an API call. Thanks, Scott Rupke scott@storertv.com Take a look at this thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=896798178.3398.0.nnrp-07.c1ed0 e5f%40news.demon.co.uk&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26selm%3D896798178.3398 ..0.nnrp-07.c1ed0e5f%2540news.demon.co.uk (This link may span several lines and you may have to copy-and-paste them into your browser's URL) HTH -EGM Scott Rupke <scott@storertv.com...

FTP: Delete File, Move File, Get File Properties (?)
Hi! Using the inet object, how can I (a) Delete an object from the FTP server (b) Move a file from one folder to another on the FTP server (c) Get file properties on a given file (e.g. datetime and size) Thanks! D I think I figured it out..... "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M_infrontsoftware.com> wrote in message news:#qfwscFpCHA.199@forums.sybase.com... > Hi! > > Using the inet object, how can I > (a) Delete an object from the FTP server > (b) Move a file from one folder to another on the FTP server > ...

How to get Product Version from .exe file properties?
We have been using .ini files to record the current version, but I would like to start using the properties on the .exe file, that can be set in the Project painter when I build. PB Help says this: "Version Specify your own values for the Description, Copyright, Company Name, Product Name, and Product Version fields associated with the executable file and with machine-code DLLs. These values display on the Version tab page of the Properties sheet for the file in Windows Explorer. You cannot change the File Version and Internal Name fields, which are used to identify the...

Web resources about - How to get file version? - perl.beginners

Authorized King James Version - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title page to the 1611 first edition of the Authorized Version Bible by Cornelis Boel shows the Apostles Peter and Paul seated centrally ...

Marvel at the new features in version 5.0 of this popular prototyping app
... prototyping tool that has been used by the likes of Rdio and Monument Valley creator Ustwo, has just updated its official app for iOS to version ...

Craig Federighi talks open source Swift and what’s coming in version 3.0
Enlarge / Apple's Craig Federighi introducing Swift at WWDC 2014. (credit: Apple) When Apple unveiled Swift 2.0 at WWDC back in June, one of ...

The best features in the latest version of Android 6 Marshmallow
Google released an update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow this week and while it doesn't pack a ton of new features, it does add some significant ...

Chicago cops' versions of teen's killing at odds with video
Boston Herald Chicago cops' versions of teen's killing at odds with video Boston Herald FILE - In this Oct. 20, 2014 frame from dash-cam video ...

Chicago cops' versions of teen's killing at odds with video
City releases hundreds of documents pertaining to 2014 killing of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald by white police officer

Julia Wolfe Premieres 'Steel Hammer' Version of John Henry Legend at BAM Next Wave Festival
Julia Wolfe is premiering her 2009 folklore drama 'Steel Hammer' at BAM from December 2-6. The work centers around John Henry and is part of ...

Apple releases Arabic version of Siri
This move could potentially make iPhones more attractive in an affluent market of more than 30 million people.

Crave giveaway: Limited-edition Blu-ray versions of all six Star Wars films
Win commemorative Blu-ray versions of all six Star Wars films. You might have heard the seventh is coming out soon?

Pokemon Rumble World's microtransaction-free version coming to Europe
... involved. But for those of you who absolutely positively got to kill every microtransaction in the room, accept no substitutes the retail version ...