How to get file version? #2

I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of the file.  It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way.  Anybody knows what Perl function or module will work?

Thanks,

HL
0
ha

On Sep 26, Le, Ha (OPB) said:

>I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of
>the file.  It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way.  Anybody knows
>what Perl function or module will work?

How are you defining a file version?

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      japhy@pobox.com      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.perlmonks.org/   http://www.cpan.org/

0
japhy

Help on how to get Product Version and File Version on exe file
Hi All, Is there a way of getting the Product and File version of my pb application during runtime? Is there a pb function I can use or do I have to use an API function to do this? Currently using PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 Regards and Thanks, Willie ...

Get File Version from EXE File
hi folks how can i get the file version from a exe file. i need that information for a setup download website. best regards Philipp Use System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(path) to get the version info of a file.Hope this helps!Paul yes, thanks a lot :)...

Can not get CGI to run: "TEST-FAILED Webserver is not executing CGI files." = Bugzilla 2.22.2 #2
I've had some excellent advice and I really appreciate it. ;-D =20 So close but yet again, I get bit by the configuration bug. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Now Testserver.pl is reporting: =20 C:\Apache_Apps\bugzilla>.\testserver.pl http://localhost/bugzilla TEST-OK Got front picture. Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at C:\Apache_Apps\bugzilla\testserver.pl line 101. Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at C:\Apache_Apps\bugzilla\testserver.pl line 101. TEST-F...

DNN version 2.1.2 Installation Files Required
Hello All An unusual request I know, but can anyone point me at (or provide me with), a set of DNN 2.1.2 installation files? I have already downloaded the source files from the legacy repository just fine, but what I want now is a set that doesn't contain the source files, but just the files required to run DNN. It's not easy to figure out what is source and what is not in the files I've downloaded, so either a list of what is what would do just fine, or a zip with just the install files would be good too. In case you're wondering: I have to install DNN on a server where DNN3 or higher j...

New version 2.xx is terrible. Can I get old version?
Name: Allan Johnston Email: gramjonatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: New version 2.xx is terrible. Can I get old version? Comments: The latest Thunderbird download version, 2.xx has eliminated menus we use and has slowed our computer to a crawl. If the previous version is still available I would appreciate your forwarding it to us so we can get back to having a working program. Otherwise it's back to MS Outlook Express. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Going from 10.0.3.2. to 10.2 Where do I get the files I need?
--____OBZCMZVTQKJZBOZETFJU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 29 Jul 2009 01:15:24 -0700" I would like to upgrade my test servers from ZCM 10.0.3.2 to 10.2. Where = do I find the manual upgrade files that I might need? The regular Novell = public download page does not see to have the files I need. From what I understand I need to go to 10.1 first and then 10.2 --____OBZCMZVTQKJZBOZETFJU____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____LBBEKYHZFJOJK...

How to get file version?
I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what Perl function or module will work? Thanks, HL Ha Le wrote: > I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of > the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what > Perl function or module will work? > what file version do you refer to? david Could you be more specific about what you mean by "version"? You mean for an executable...

Getting file version
I want to get the version of a file Here's what I have in the Global External Functions Function long GetFileVersionInfoSize (string lptstrFilename, long lpdwHandle) Library "version.dll" Alias for "GetFileVersionInfoSizeA" and here's what I have in a button in an empty window long ll_dummy = 0, ll_size = 0 string ls_file = "C:\MyFile.EXE" ll_size = GetFileVersionInfoSize (ls_file, ll_dummy) messagebox(string(ll_size), "") ll_size always = 0 no matter what. When I try the same code in Microsoft Access, it works perfect...

Hate version 3. Can I get a 2.x version and dump this one?
Name: Tom Hamilton Email: tommyt099atnetzerodotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Hate version 3. Can I get a 2.x version and dump this one? Comments: As written above. I have Windows Vista Premium and would will unload this version of Firefox (3.07). I would like to get the 22.x version back. Is it still available, and if so, where do I get it? If it is not available, I will seek another web browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives ...

Where can i get a example from a call at the file manager in DNN 3.2.2. source code
Where can i get a example from a call at the file manager in DNN 3.2.2. source code?...

Version 3 crashes xp, so I'd like to get version 2 back- where in the hell is it?
Name: travis stone Email: travat270labsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Version 3 crashes xp, so I'd like to get version 2 back- where in the hell is it? Comments: I just want to download version 2 until the kinks with 3 are worked out, but the only links I can find to version 2 are on scraped versions of your site hosted in China- help a brother out would ya? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

When export file in safari it gets downloaded as .aspx file instead of .xls ..Dont know why #2
My Code is as below Private Sub GenerateReport(ByVal dt As DataTable, ByVal fileName As String)        Try            If dt.Rows.Count > 0 Then                grdReport.DataSource = dt                grdReport.DataBind()                Response.Clear()    &nbs...

Following code is working fine with newer version of Excel files but not older version like 2.1
I write a function that read excel file and store excel data in a data set.  Code is following  Following code is working fine with newer version of Excel files but not older version like 2.1  string strConn;        DataSet myDataSet;        myDataSet = new DataSet();strConn = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + strFileNamePath + @";Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=1""";         OleDbConne...

How do I get and use an older version [1.5 or 2.0] of the bookmarks functions with the new 3.0 version ?
Name: Gregory Gooch Email: captgoochatlstxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: How do I get and use an older version [1.5 or 2.0] of the bookmarks functions with the new 3.0 version ? Comments: I do NOT like the 3.0 bookmarks "organize" layout. I want my 2.0 bookmarks back and I want some way to Remove the headings that come with the bookmarks product. (?) I want a blank screen that I can customize to My specs. I don't want ANY unmovable headings. [Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Link, History, Tags, None of them.] Why for the love of pizza did you make the organize...

Web resources about - How to get file version? #2 - perl.beginners

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of September 2013, Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean is the most widely-used Android version, ...

Matthew Leveson murder case: the version the jury was not told
He told detectives he was sound asleep at home but CCTV footage detailing the purchase of a mattock and gaffer tape suggested&nbsp;otherwise.&nbsp; ...

MetroPCS getting its own version of Music Freedom, to stream unlimited Apple Music on $40+/mo plans
... about T-Mobile , Apple Music , and Apple Music continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "MetroPCS getting its own version of ...

Apple launches a Space Black version of its Link Bracelet kit
... Space Black stainless steel Apple Watch? Well, today is your lucky day, because the good folks at Cupertino have launched a Space Black version ...

Indian Scout Sixty is a cheaper version of an awesome cruiser
Filed under: Motorcycle , Bikes The 2016 Indian Scout Sixty brings a smaller engine to the company's cruiser but keeps the Scout's chassis, suspension, ...

Windows 10 set to be the most widely installed version of Windows ever
... of free. According to the latest prediction from Gartner, the new operating system is set to enjoy not only the fastest growth of any version ...

Mac McCaughan streaming a remixed instrumental version of his solo album; All Dogs opening for Superchunk ...
... year, Superchunk frontman Mac McCaughan released his first solo album, Non Believers. Now he's released a one-track instrumental remix version ...

Now Our Overlords Have a Robotic Version
Submitted by: (via damn geeky ) Tagged: comfort , robots , companion , Cats , Video Share on Facebook

Our Texas Governor's Version Of Christianity
Texas Governor Greg Abbott celebrates this holiday season . Texas will not accept any Syrian refugees fleeing their civil war-torn country, ...