How do you force SOAP::Lite to use document/literal SOAP messages?

------=_Part_3018_2235923.1125675098089

I am trying to write a simple SOAP client written in perl and to talk to a=
=20
webservice written in .NET. I am unsuccessful. I believe the web service is=
=20
expecting document/literal SOAP messages but I think the SOAP::Lite module=
=20
sends stuff in RPC/encoded messages.
 Is there any way of telling? Or, even better, is there a way to force the=
=20
SOAP::Lite module to use document/literal messaging?
 Since everyone like to see some code, here it is:
 *The Web Service (in .NET):*

[WebMethod]
public string HelloWorld()
{
   return "Hello World";
}

*The Client:*

use SOAP::Lite;

my $soap =3D SOAP::Lite
    -> uri('http://www.alfredbr.com')
    -> on_action( sub { join '/', 'http://www.alfredbr.com', $_[1] } )
    -> proxy('http://localhost/Example1/Service1.asmx');

print $soap->HelloWorld()->result;

------=_Part_3018_2235923.1125675098089--
0
davidlamontadams

How do you force SOAP::Lite to use document/literal SOAP messages? #2
I am trying to write a simple SOAP client written in perl and to talk to a webservice written in .NET. I am unsuccessful. I believe the web service is expecting document/literal SOAP messages but I think the SOAP::Lite module sends stuff in RPC/encoded messages. Is there any way of telling? Or, even better, is there a way to force the SOAP::Lite module to use document/literal messaging? Since everyone like to see some code, here it is: The Web Service (in .NET): ---------------------------- [WebMethod] public string HelloWorld() { return "Hello World"...

examples of SOAP messages for the SOAP driver?
I'd like to provide some examples of SOAP messages that could be sent to the SOAP driver for our development team so that they can see what the driver is capable of and how to communicate with it. There doesn't seem to be anything available in the docs. Does anyone know where I can find some examples? On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:09:53 +0000, Steve Neuharth wrote: > I'd like to provide some examples of SOAP messages that could be sent to > the SOAP driver for our development team so that they can see what the > driver is capable of and how to communicate with it. ...

Using SOAP::Lite
Hello, I appologize for the long posting, but was hoping to get some feedback as to what we are doing wrong. We are trying to integrate with a XML Gateway that uses SOAP. This our first time at trying to use SOAP w/Perl and not having alot of luck. Below is the code snip and Request/Response structures used by the gateway. If you have experience with using SOAP and Perl, I'd really appreciate your assistance. If there is a better way to do this, please contact me directly off the list and be happy to discuss hiring you to put this together correctly. ####################...

SOAP::Lite documentation?
Is there SOAP::Lite documentation for Perl novices? Everything I've found so far seems to be written for more advanced users. I thought "SOAP::Lite Tutorial for newbies" might do the trick but the site that hosted it is apparently not available and there's no Google cache. Thanks, Tara > Is there SOAP::Lite documentation for Perl novices? Everything I've > found so far seems to be written for more advanced users. There is a simple solution... become an advanced user! ;-) For the rest of us: www.webmonkey.com and in particular: http...

Implementing a SOAP server with SOAP::Lite and POE
Greetings, I am wondering whether anybody has experience implementing a SOAP server using SOAP::Lite and POE. In particular, I am asking whether there is any conflict with HTTP::Daemon that SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon subclasses. Based on the comments in POE::Filter::HTTPD, it seems that the better thing to do may be instantiating a SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon, and avoid using the default handle() method which enters an accept loop, or does get_request, send_response, and instead write my own separate SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::myhandle method. In myhandle method, I c...

What is the difference between SOAP RPC and SOAP Document method Styles ?
Hi,  Can any one please explain me What is the difference between SOAP RPC and SOAP Document  method Styles ? And when we will go for SOAP RPC method style and SOAP Document  method Style ?  Thanks & Regards, Anandakumar.j. Hi  Anandakumar, SOAP RPC / SOAP Document: Document: <soap:Body> contains one or more child elements called parts. There are no SOAP formatting rules for what the <soap:Body> contains; it contains whatever the sender and the receiver agree upon. RPC: RPC implies that <soap:Body> contains an element with the name ...

How to write SOAP schema to validate a SOAP Request message
 hi,I am not sure if this is the write place to post this question. If not the right place please guide accordingly. I have created a web service and have provided the SOAPExtension to the web service. Using the SOAPExtension I'm able to intercept the SOAP Request message during the "BeforeDeserialize" of the "SoapMessageStage".Now I'm trying to write a custom SOAP schema that I can use to validate the incoming 'SOAP Request message'.But I'm not able to get it right. I get an error that "the root element should be <schema />&q...

Viewing SOAP messages with SOAP ToolKit 3.0
Hello...On my local machine I have developed a WebApplication that is using the http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx webserbice.. The WebService has one  method : ConversionRate net.webservicex.www.CurrencyConvertor c = new net.webservicex.www.CurrencyConvertor(); double a = c.ConversionRate(net.webservicex.www.Currency.EUR, net.webservicex.www.Currency.USD); IWebProxy proxy = new WebProxy("http://localhost:8080/", true); c.Proxy = proxy; Response.Write(a.ToString()); I want to see the SOAP message that is sent from my application to the WebServ...

Question to use SOAP::Lite
Hi, I would like to use SOAP::Lite to communicate with the web server, but I need to send the token to get the access. Does anyone know how to set up in SOAP::Lite? I have the following code, but I get the errorcode 1001, "Request must have exactly one security token" message back. Does anyone give me some hints? Thanks use SOAP::WSDL; use SOAP::Lite; my $soap=SOAP::WSDL->new( wsdl => 'http://172.16.230.101/ccws/ccws.asmx?WSDL' ); $soap->proxy( 'http://172.16.230.101/ccws/ccws.asmx'); $soap->wsdlinit; $soap->on_action(su...

why using soap header to pass user credential not soap body?
Hello List, I saw a lot of articles talking about using soap header to pass user credential (user name and password).  My question is why I have to create a custome soap header to pass user credential instead of passing username/password as two parameters to web method call directly. For example, I have the following web method call, [WebMethod()] public account GetAccountInfo(string username, string password, string AccountID) { ... } It is easier than create a custome soap header and pass user credential through soap header Did I missing something here?   Thanks in ad...

Question to use SOAP::Lite #2
Hi, I would like to use SOAP::Lite to communicate with the web server, but I need to send the token to get the access. Does anyone know how to set up in SOAP::Lite? I have the following code, but I get the errorcode 1001, "Request must have exactly one security token" message back. Does anyone give me some hints? Thanks use SOAP::WSDL; use SOAP::Lite; my $soap=SOAP::WSDL->new( wsdl => 'http://172.16.230.101/ccws/ccws.asmx?WSDL' ); $soap->proxy( 'http://172.16.230.101/ccws/ccws.asmx'); $soap->wsdlinit; $soap->on_action(su...

SOAP Driver Error Repsonse: send "Modify" SOAP message
Hi All, I am creating a SOAP driver for provisioning user data to an application, and will be using add and modify events. There is a possibility that when trying to add a user (calling the "add" user web service), the user already exists. In this case, I'd like to have the driver automatically call the "modify" web service to update that user's information instead. Here is the high-level scenario I'd like to create: 1: "Add" event picked up by SOAP driver, subscriber sends "add user" SOAP message. 2: SOAP Reply received with...

Arrays of structs causing problems using SOAP RPC literal
Hi there. It doesnt seem like its possible, but does anyone know a way to have arrays of structs for a web service using SOAP encoding as rpc literal? Note - it works for rpc doc. Currently i am forced to use classes instead of structs (which is a bit pointless in my case) to get the web service working. When invoking the web service as arrays of structs, I get the error: Server Error in '/AlarmSQMAPI' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cannot serialize Aircom.OSS.OSSJ.SQM.SQMAlarmDataTypes.SystemProperty[]. Arrays of st...

SOAP message
I have a set of PDF files and an XML message passed as s stream. how do i pass these (pdf files and xml stream) as SOAP packets from a web application to a web-service which receives this soap packet ? what would the code look like .....?...

Web resources about - How do you force SOAP::Lite to use document/literal SOAP messages? - perl.beginners