orasnita

From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@fcc.ro>
> Some modules downloaded from CPAN need to be compiled in order to be
> installed and I know that I can use Visual Studio 6 (under Windows)
> for this task. Do you know if I will be able to compile those modules
> after I will install Visual Studio .net (7)?

I believe you can.

> Or, if this is not possible, do you know by chance if I can have both
> VS 6 and VS.net installed on the same computer?

Yes they can. And if you already have your Perl set to use the VS6
then installing VS7.Net should not break anything.

Jenda
===== Jenda@Krynicky.cz === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
	-- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery

0
Jenda

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS?
Can anyone tell me the difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS? I was given a question of this mature in recent interview and could not answer it, nor could I find anything on the net. The question was more complex than that, I just can't remember in detail. It also contained something regarding "Runtime Module". From what I know, the compiler converts the either code into a "intermediate" language that is then able to communicate with the underlying OS, right? Thanks, EJMSoftware engineering is a team sport. Read the following articles: http...

VS.NET vs. MSBuild web project compilation difference
Hi, Question is: Why would msbuild assume that a bin folder in my web project already contains its project references? I have a 2.0 solution which contains a local file system web project (among other class libraries). If I compile it inside Whidbey, there will be a \bin folder created for me and put in there all of the web project's dll references. Then later if I do in Whidbey Build->Clean Solution, the bin\ folder will not be removed nor will the contents of it. Therefore after that if I run in command line msbuild mysolution.sln, msbuild succeeds. However, if I do in Whidb...

What is the difference between a CSC compiled dll and a VS.NET compiled dll?
I'm having a bit of a problem getting a custom class to work on an aspx page. In the aspx page I have the following declaration. <%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="SampleNamespace.SampleClass" %> SampleNamespace.dll is in the /bin directory. When I compile SampleNamespace.cs into SampleNamespace.dll using the command line compiler (csc), everything works fine. When I compile SampleNamespace.cs using VS.NET 2005, I get a "Could Not Load Type" error when I try to load the page. What's the difference between the two?  I would like to compile using VS.NET instead of the CSC. ...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

a programming C vs VB vs VB.NET vs ASP.NET
hello friends,                        i am absoultely new to programming .i does not learn any programming language .i need help . my aim to become MCP (Web Development)     with any .net , visual basic as well as c#. please help what is first step to start learning. first off  all which programming i have learn .please keep in mind that i does not know any programming . Is programming C or C++ is neccessary to learn. i have learn (asp.net)web development .is i ...

Compiling Asp.net 2.0 Projects from within vs.net
Hello everybody,I started reading about ASP.NET 2.0 lately. I have read many articles about the new compilation models. I have read so many stuff about In-Place Precompilation, Precompilation for Deploymnet, ASP.NET 1.1 like-model.....but still i cannot find a direct answer for these questions: What goes on when i build my project from within vs.net? what compilation model is used by default? how can i change the compilation model? how can i force the asp.net 1.1 like-mode?I know these are a lot of questions but they all relate to the same topic. i would appreciate any help.Thanks ...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Compiling fjbtndrv module in kernel desktop vs kernel default- Invalid module format
Machine: Fujitsu Lifebook T900 (tablet laptop) OS: openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64) VERSION = 11.3 kernel: 2.6.34.7-0.7-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-12-13 11:13:53 +0100 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ----------- PRELIMINARS: - I can choose between desktop and default kernel when the machine boot - I allways use desktop kernel - I have installed kernel-sources ... - I have downloaded fjbtndrv-2.2.1.tar.gz from 'Download fjbtndrv from SourceForge.net' (http://tinyurl.com/4e3vdqd) PROCESS: - I have deconpressed in /opt as root user - I have had: .configure / make /make install - T...

Is it possible to run vs.net 2002 and vs.net 2003 asp.net applications on same machine ?
I have 2 applications ,one is vs.net 2003 ,the other is  vs.net 2002 ,thay are all asp.net applications.  Now I want to run these applications .is it possible to run both on same web server ?or I need to transfer  vs.net 2002 soluation to vs.net 2003 ?which one is the best soluation ?  how can I do it ? thanks in advanced!    You can run all versions of the framework on the same server.  And, the easiest way to set the framework for an app requires you to install the 2.0 Framework on the server.  Once you do that, you can just go into ...

Can't compile/install module XML::LibXML either via CPAN or compile
------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C645D3.719C4300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm unable to install XML::LIbXML either via CPAN or by compiling the = source directly.=20 =20 I'm running WXP Home, cygwin, and WebServe (ActivePerl). Perl version = 5.8.7. =20 When I try to compile/install it tells me it can't find -lxml2 and -llibxml2. I have installed both of these ( c libraries ) in my cygwin installation and tried passing the path to them on the command line with LIBS=3D'-l/cygdrive/c/cygwin/lib...

Web resources about - Compiling CPAN modules with VS.net - perl.beginners

Cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Feds put protest activity under microscope in compiling national 'risk forecast'
Use of social media, the spread of "citizen journalism," and the involvement of young people are among the key trends highlighted by a federal ...

10 Tips For Compiling A Deal Sheet
Compiling a deal sheet is a great way of taking stock of your experience and of seeing where your experience may be lacking.

Compiling 64-Bit Code
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X.

Is there a benefit to compiling your code as you go?
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

6 cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Compiling The Absurd Box Score For Space Jam ; Or, Shawn Bradley Sucked Against Cartoons, Too
This is Regressing, a numbers-minded column by our clever friends at the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. Over the next few days, ...

We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us.
The United States has no database of police shootings. There is no standardized process by which officers log when they've discharged their weapons ...

Flat UI Pro Tutorial: Setting and Compiling Using LESS
In this video tutorial, you use components from Flat UI Pro to create a complete simple mail app using LESS. He takes you through the steps to ...

Industrious 4chan user is compiling a list of every videogame ever made
... me to enter a few hundreds of games into my Backloggery account , and I haven't even finished it yet. Ambitious 4chan user Data_baser is compiling ...