command line script to run from web

Afternoon all, I have a script that runs from the command line but now I
need it to from from the web, anyone know how to do this?

All the script does is write files so output to the screen isn't important.
It needs to run from the web because  there will be a form on a web page and
when it is clicked the script will run and then write whatever it needs to
write to the file.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Graeme :)

iamnotregistered

Afternoon all, I have a script that runs from the command line but now I =

need it to from from the web, anyone know how to do this?

All the script does is write files so output to the screen isn't =
important. =20
It needs to run from the web because  there will be a form on a web page =
and=20
when it is clicked the script will run and then write whatever it needs =
to=20
write to the file.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Graeme :)

Graeme,
       You can fetch the values from web using CGI module, or cgilib.pl =
programs. ( you can find them on CPAN.org) Within the cgi-bin directory, =
writing to a file is not a problem.
thanks,
Jay
0
JRajagopal
4/23/2004 2:21:25 PM

> Afternoon all, I have a script that runs from the command line but now I
> need it to from from the web, anyone know how to do this?
>
> All the script does is write files so output to the screen isn't
important.
> It needs to run from the web because  there will be a form on a web
page and
> when it is clicked the script will run and then write whatever it
needs to
> write to the file.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Graeme :)

> Graeme,
>        You can fetch the values from web using CGI module, or
cgilib.pl programs. ( you can find them on CPAN.org) Within the cgi-bin
directory, writing to a file is not a problem.

Additionally you script will have to print some sort of HTTP header,
either a content-type followed by some output, or a Location header to
cause a redirect.

For more check the excellent documentation for the CGI module,

http://danconia.org

0
wiggins

Error appears in web log but script runs ok on the command line
I'm getting the following error on a newly set-up server: [Fri Oct 18 12:02:06 2013] [error] install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't loa= d '/usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle= : libocci.so.12.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or director= y at /usr/lib64/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 200.\n at (eval 11) line 3\nCompil= ation failed in require at (eval 11) line 3.\nPerhaps a required shared lib= rary or dll isn't installed where expected\n at /home/webfiles/apply/perl/o= ratest.pl line 7\n It's a really simple sc...

Running command line programs from server side scripts

first few lines of the command file/script ignored ...running in dbisqlc
Hi All, I had a script which perfectly runs from quite a long time, now a solution of a problem forced us to include another script file at the top of the original script file . i.e something like this read c:\embedded.sql // original script starts here if exists(.......) ....... ......... end if ; ...... ...... Now whenever I run this combined script the embedded.sql finishes successfully but after that original script gives error at first few lines .... which looks as the first few lines are ignored and execution jumped directly to 3rd or 4th line in original...

How to take command line argument and use it to run an upgrade script.
I'm a perl newby. I'm looking on taking a command line argument from STDIN and use it for input to a script that upgrades software. Any examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ===== Jeffrey T. Collins jtbaca@yahoo.com __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it! http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/ On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 18:14, Jeff Collins wrote: > I'm a perl newby. > I'm looking on taking a command line argument from > STDIN and use it for input to a script that upgrades > sof...

Running an .net 2.0 ASP.NET Script from command line
Hi,I was wondering, how do you run an asp.net script (.aspx) from a command line?  Is it possible to do? and if so can someone please provide an example.Thanks in advance,Auschucky You can't run an .aspx file from a command line. You need to create a console application. Here is the basic beginning for any programming language, Hello World. VB.NETModule HelloWorldModule   Sub Main()      Console.WriteLine("Hello World")   End SubEnd Module C#namespace HelloWorld{   class HelloWorldClass  &...

Script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections.
Hello, I am in need of a script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. I am attempting to automate the rebooting of my Windows 200 DB server running ADA and want to script this shut down of the DB prior to rebooting the system. I also need a script or executable for starting it back up. Please email me - netdeveloping@hotmail.com ... Thanks. Chad ...

Script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. #2
Hello, I am in need of a script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. I am attempting to automate the rebooting of my Windows 200 DB server running ADA and want to script this shut down of the DB prior to rebooting the system. I also need a script or executable for starting it back up. Please email me - netdeveloping@hotmail.com ... Thanks. Chad DBSTOP will allow you to do this but perhaps you may want to consider running the database as a service which will allow the database engine to...

create test scripts that run from the web as well from the web
Now that I'm using Selenium, I wanted to integrate some of the perl testing tools I already like. http://selenium.thoughtworks.com/ I found one way to do this was to create a test script that runs as a CGI script. Adding just one line to the top of the script allows it to run from the web or from the command line: if ($ENV{SCRIPT_NAME}) { $|++ && print "Content-Type: text/plain\n\n"; } In my setup, this meant I also needed to give the script a ".cgi" extension. Setting a simple environment variable in my profile allowed 'prove' to r...

Running a Command line...but...
Hello, I am trying to run NET USE command to open a "path" to access to another computer in my network, and read a txt file in it. Here is the code (C#): ------------------------------- Process pNetUse = new Process(); pNetUse.StartInfo.FileName = "cmd"; pNetUse.StartInfo.Arguments = "/c net use \\\\10.7.21.11\\c$ /user:Administrator 10721"; pNetUse.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false; pNetUse.Start(); -------------------------------- The code works very well, but there is only one problem...After i run it, if i check the NETSTAT i...

Command line scripting
This question is about normal ASP, not ASP.Net. My question is can make ASP script to run it without any browser accessing the page (Command line scripting). I need this because I want to run ASP scripts regularly executed without any user requesting the page. Thanks for your time. you don't want ASP. you want WSH get the windows scripting docs : http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/ will append to this post when I get to work - got to rush now. jRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS OK, back at th...

Web Deployment Project ,run database script,apply patch of web application
Hi all i got certain questions!,I made a setup with web deployment project.But i got doubt on certain things like..  Is there any way to run my database script to create DB while installing the application ?User should give parameters like sqlserver name,Database name,User name password ect.Is there any way to collect the serial key while installing the  application ?Is there any way to apply patch of web application through web deployment project.Please Help me to find out a solution for this    ...

run from command line
Hi, I am a real new person to .NET -- This may seem like a strange question, if someone can help I would really appreciate it. Say I have a file called script1.aspx I want to write another script i.e. script2.aspx, that when I run script2.aspx it will execute script1.aspx from the command line in the background. I've done this with php, for example script2.php would be exec(php script1.php &) --- if someone knows how to do this in ASPX I would really appreciate it papayiya Hi, when I look at the exec function I see that it can execute an executable and capture t...

command line scripts
Does anyone know how I can run command line scripts using asp.net and vb? I am mostly interested in using the iis command line script iisweb.vbs to create and delete websites. I would like to have a form that, when submited, runs the the command line script using the form values. Thanks Look at the Process class in the System.Diagnostics namespace. You can also use the class to redirect output into a stream for reading from your application. You might need to twiddle with security settings in order to have the permissions to do this from an ASP.NET app, impersonation is one option. Feel...

running from command line
Does anyone know if it's possible to run Powerdesigner from a command line. We have a physical model file with which we would like to automate the creation of .SQL files. We were hoping that we could do this using command line syntax so we could incorporte into our build process. Any ideas? How did/do you automate your build? PD can be automated as a COM object, via .NET interop and java wrappers and SWT (Eclipse) Thus if your build can kick off a wsh script you can gen from PD. If you do Nant or Ant then i belive the Interop and wrappers may be worth investigating. ...

Web resources about - command line script to run from web - perl.beginners

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cameron Carpenter review: Bells and whistles matched by a command of the organ
It's certainly no exaggeration to call Cameron Carpenter's command of six keyboards (five for hands, one for feet) "genius". Purely in cognitive ...

Gino and Mark Stocco: Police move command post to Wangaratta in search for fugitives
Police in Victoria move their command post to Wangaratta as they continue the hunt for father and son fugitives Gino and Mark Stocco.

Command your club to victory in Sega’s Football Manager Mobile 2016
... How long can you survive on the Last Horizon? , and Dig, explore and collect stars in Starlit Adventures . Football Manager Mobile 2016 Command ...

60 Minutes gets rare look at U.S. command center in war against ISIS
The crucial military hub is located in a bunker-like building in the middle of a giant air base in the Persian Gulf country of Qatar

How to craft your own custom voice commands for Amazon Echo's Alexa
With a little help from IFTTT, you can teach Alexa all sorts of new tricks. Here's how to get started.

Amazon Echo owners can create custom voice commands with IFTT
... item to your shopping list is pretty cool, but there comes a point where you start to feel the limits of the Echo's pre-programmed voice commands. ...

Distraction Dangers Of Voice Command Systems Build Case For Autonomous Vehicles
It turns out that even if your eyes are on the road and your hands are on the wheel, voice command systems in cars are just as mentally distracting ...

Huckabee: Don't Settle for Minimum Wage, Work to Command a Maximum Wage
In his opening remarks last night, Mike Huckabee said proposals to raise the minimum wage in several states will not bring prosperity and independence ...