Accessing an Access Database on Linux

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0

I need to access a MS Access Database residing on a Linux box and perform
some queries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0--

0
kanchana

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

Exception accessing Access database
Hi, I am trying to connect to access database. dim objcon as new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source = C:\ASPNET\banking.mdb") dim objcmd as new OleDbDataAdapter("select * from Names", objcon) dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() objcmd.Fill(ds,"Names") MyDataList.DataSource = ds.Tables("Names").DefaultView MyDataList.DataBind() The above is the piece of code where i am getting error The error is Source Error: Line 10: dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() Line 11: ...

Centrailized access for access database
i want to convert a vb application into asp.net  and back end as access database.how to get an centrailzed access using access database and thru web forms.any help.  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. any help would be more appericated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. could not found any reply Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.  Any possible solutions would be more appreciated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply help...

How to access remote Access database?
Hello everyone, What are the permissions we have to give in the Acess db which is in remote? It would be really great if you share me some ideas. Have a good one. Thanks!!!    http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/why-can-t-i-access-a-database-or-text-file-on-another-server.htmlhttp://forums.asp.net/t/1381295.aspx...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

accessing remote access database
Hi to all, When ever i need to add or delete something from the mdb file where I cant do it in my web site, i am downloading the mdb file, doing the modifications then uploading again.I want my code running on localhost to reach the mdb file on my web site and do any modifications. I have tried to replace the following code string path = Request.MapPath(@"mydb.mdb") with string path = Request.MapPath(@"http://www.mysite.com/mydb.mdb") but i get the error "A virtual path is expected. " Is there a way to reach a remotely hosted mdb file ?   Thanks in advance short answer : No,...

Accessing a Microsoft Access Database
Hello all, I'm relatively new to the list, so I'm sorry if I'm going over old ground here ! I would like to use PERL to view information in a Microsoft Access Database and then use this information in other programs away from the Database. Trouble is, I'm slightly confused by all the information on offer and am not sure=20 of the best way to proceed to allow PERL to gain the information in the Database and I'm also unsure exactly what I need to install on the machine. Does anybody know of a useful web site that I can look at or does anybody have any simpl...

Accessing single column from Access Database
Hehe, total newbie question here but say if i wanted to access only one row from a database and store the columns in separate variables how would i go about doing this?  Preferably in c#. The reason that im asking is that im makin a custom login control reading uername and password from a database and want to compare them with user input values I have no problems using the repeater and datagrid etc.  Thanks! Drew  Hello Drew, Good place to start is: http://asp.net/learn/data-access/ Especially tutorial #1. Jeroen Molenaar.--------------------------------Jer...

Accessing an Access database from a Unix box
Hello All, I am currently NOW trying to access an Access database filename.mdb from a shared drive on my Unix box. Now all I want to do is extract data from an SQL query from this database? Can this be done? I don't think I will need to use Win32::ODBC but instead something else like DBD::odbc? Is this correct? Kind regards, Dan ...

How to get an access to MS Access database?
Is it possible to get normal access to MS Access database without OLE DB drivers just with methods of ASP.NET. The problem is that the hoster set trust level to medium and does not allow using of OLE DB drivers. Thank you....

Web resources about - Accessing an Access Database on Linux - perl.beginners

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...