accessing access

------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0

Hi!

I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time.  I get the
following error:

Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb  ), no database driver specified and
DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147

for the code:

  my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable
to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>";

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jerry

------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0--

Have you set up your ODBC driver via Control Panel (or Computer Management
in W2K)?

Ralph

I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time.  I get the
following error:

Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb  ), no database driver specified
and
DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147

for the code:

  my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die
"Unable
to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>";

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jerry

*******

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.

For further information about Clifford Chance please see our website at http://www.cliffordchance.com or refer to any Clifford Chance office.

0
Ralph
11/20/2002 1:12:34 PM
Ralph,

I am running on a SUN Unix system.  I have DBI installed, but I guess I am
missing this part of it.

Regards,

[...]

Guess the windows stuff wouldn't be much help then :)

I suppose there must be also be a need to tell Unix what ODBC driver to use
for a particular database, but I have no idea how you do that, sorry.

[...]

11/20/2002 1:24:08 PM
On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 08:04, Jerry Preston wrote:

> for the code:
>
>   my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die
                                 ^
		extemporaneous colon, no?

Bob Rasey

0
brasey
11/20/2002 1:50:10 PM
Bob,

Good find!! Now I need to install ODBC sense it is not found.

Thanks,

Jerry

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 08:04, Jerry Preston wrote:

> for the code:
>
>   my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die
                                 ^
		extemporaneous colon, no?

Bob Rasey

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

Accessing access with DSN.
I am useing vista and IIS7.  I set up a connection string as below: <% Set strConn = server.createobject("adodb.connection") strConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=beautyaids" strConn.open %>  I am working locally aso I type in my localhost\myaspfile.asp and i get the error: An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator  Sometimes I get the HTTP:500 page not found. I set up the ODBC DSN as a system dsn.  Can anyone tell me what thw problem is.       William Rice These forum...

Remote Access access
Hello, Currently new in the Web Matrix world and I'm a little lost. I'm looking for a way to connect to my remote Access database (ISP hosted) through the Workspace pane. I have an IP adress, even DNS, but I have no idea of how to formulate it to open my connection. I'm usually using FrontPage XP who includes a connection wizard. Thanks for any help ! You can only connect to Access databases that you have file access to. This means they must be either on your local computer, or on a computer share you have access to. One solution is to copy the MDB file to your local computer,...

Accessing ACCESS from textbox
Hey guys,  I need to make my textbox do this: -Look up what you type into it: so theres a text box called 'txtBuycode' and what i need to happen is when the user types in a 3 digit currency code for example, USD (it will be force upper case) I want to, onblur, to check USD against the 'Currency_Code' table and when it finds it display the Currency Name from the table 'Currency_Name' alongside the text box. Is this possible, any help greatly appreciated! ThanksJust Love What code can do :) You'll need to use AJAX to do this. Have a look at the AutoComplet...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

access data... access...
Hi, I'm trying to handle a simple structured access db in c#... but I'm a bit confused on how to do it! How can I select, insert, edit and remove records from an access database? should I use datasets? Thanks I suggest reading microsoft's Documentation on ADO.Net. OleDb is the DataProvider you want to use if you're going against an Access DB. another thing: how can I get, having an opened oledbconnection, all the tables, and the fields in those tables, from the database?...

Access access prase
I first found the power of web matrix and access in .NET show 30 when I searched for web matrix on microsoft site. I just gasped. If you are going to create more functionality it would be wonderfull. Web matrix the one click webpage. Ill have to see or maybe someone can tell me has web matrix already got automatic Database URL linking, If not this would be cool.Hardware is not easy to pirate so it is cheep. Software isnt getting bigger because of complex features, Its growing to stop the pirates....

Bad Fetch access to Access
I'm trying to create a datapipe from MSaccess to ASA5 (I know I need to upgrade!) in a powerscript function. When I try to fetch a (msaccess) 'varchar' into a (powerscript) 'string' variable I will get the wrong value. I looked already in the infobase, but initializing the string variable does not help me. The Fetch of an integer work perfect. The databasepainter displays the correct strings. Could somebody help me on this problem? Thanks ...

Wireless Access with Wired Access?
Hi, I''m looking to find a way to make a wireless access point for my laptop. I have a DLink DI704P router with DSL and it's 'wired' - one computer is XP the other Win98SE. The wired bit is because the speed is greater, reliability, etc. However, I have an older Dell Latitude notebook and want to know if I can somehow use that upstairs in the house by getting the right 'card' to put in it that communicates with some sort of wireless 'addon' to my present router? Is this doable? Brenda Taking a moment's reflection, Brenda mused: | | re...

DBD::Access? [was: MS Access]
The message further below went accidentally not to the list... > Tim Harsch wrote: > > Forgive my naivity (or just flawed understanding) but how would one go > about creating a DBD::Access? For instance DBD::Oracle is built on > OCI, does Access have a similar network protocol? I thought that ODBC > was about the only MS supported method of communicating to it... One of the earlier mails said: > > From: Tim Bunce > > On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:27:20AM -0700, Jeff Zucker wrote: > > > Orlando Andico wrote: > > > > > >...

Problem to access ACCESS.MDB
I want pipe data from ACCESS-Database to SQL-AnyWhere with Powerbuilder. I can connect the Acces-DB (Format ACCESS 2000 ) with ACCESS 2002 I have made an ODBC DSN for this File. When i try to access the data from Powerbuilder 10.02 I get the Error-Message: >>>> Table "table1" has no columns, possible invalid table format <<<< What I have to check or change ?? Is Access 2002 a unicode version? You may have to set a paramater in DBPARM... On 7 Jul 2005 23:57:42 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Peter Stojkovic &...

Access giving too much Access ;-)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/955179.mspx -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net That's actually quite funny. : ) -- Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site ...

Access Deny when accessing other page
Hi i have encounter an error when i uses window.open to open another page. IT says "access deny" How can this be?? i m running on intranet and below are my javascripts: function openwindows() { var popUpSizeX=screen.width; var popUpSizeY=screen.height - 34; var popUpLocationY=0; var popUpLocationX=1; var splashWin =window.open('default.aspx','','toolbar=0,location=1,status=1,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=yes,directories=1,target=WorkFrame') splashWin.resizeTo(popUpSizeX,popUpSizeY); splashWin.moveTo(popUpLocationX,popUpLocatio...

Web resources about - accessing access - perl.beginners

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...