Accessing a Microsoft Access Database

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the list, so I'm sorry if I'm going over old
ground here !

I would like to use PERL to view information in a Microsoft Access
Database
and then use this information in other programs away from the Database.
Trouble is, I'm slightly confused by all the information on offer and am
not sure=20
of the best way to proceed to allow PERL to gain the information in the
Database
and I'm also unsure exactly what I need to install on the machine.

Does anybody know of a useful web site that I can look at or does
anybody have
any simple-ish steps to follow so I can understand what needs to be
done?

I'm running PERL 5 on a UNIX machine and have the database on the same
machine.=20

Any help, gratefully received.

Thanks

Richard.

Richard Mace
E-mail: richard.mace@lorien.co.uk

0
richard

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

Can't Access a Microsoft Access Database
I have an access database that I am trying to connect to using ole db. When I run my code I get this errorIt is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.Here is my connection stringconnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=myfile;User Id=Admin;Password="If I use an ODBC driver with read only rights it works, but I can't seem to get the oledb driver to work. Any help would be appreciated. I have also triedmode=Share Deny Write;and ReadOnly=1 Grant modify permissions on the folder that contains the database, and ...

Problem on accessing Microsoft Access Database from ASP.NET
Hi, I got a problem on connecting the web application using ASP.NET with MS Access. Suppose, i hav a databse located on C:\test\test.mdb (I used Microsoft Access 2003). Then the connection string should be: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\test\test.mdb" When i compiled and run it, it said "Don't have permission to view the database" or "The Database is open exclusively by other user", Why is that happen? Do i need any security setting on the database or maybe there is something else that i should do? Please, I need your assis...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Accessing 2 tables from Microsoft Access database in Webpage.aspx
Hi I'm using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visual Studio (VB) to create a webpage.I have a database (dbWarehouse). Inside in have 2 tables( tblRead, tblStock). I need to use details read form tblRead and retrieve some details from tblStock. Eg. "Barcode" from tblRead --> Access tblStock using "Barcode" to retrieve "Name" and "Qty" How can i access the 2 tables inside the webpage using SQL statements in one webpage? Regards and Thanks!   Hey, If you don't need to display the bar codes, sounds more like an inner join: select Name, Qty from tblStock s inne...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

Data Access Layer using a Microsoft Access 2003 Database
Trying to pass a parameter to a query on a datset over a access database..   Using the following SQL statement   SELECT     ProductID, ProductName, SupplierID, CategoryID, QuantityPerUnit, UnitPrice, UnitsInStock, UnitsOnOrder, ReorderLevel, DiscontinuedFROM         ProductsWHERE     (CategoryID = [catid])   The where clause in the statement keeps putting it back to WHERE     (CategoryID = catid)   and when I run query it throughs an error of a parameter is not pass...

Can Microsoft Access database accessed with 2 application running?
Hi everyone? My question is, can single Microsoft access database(db.mdb) to be used in 2 application in the same time? I have a vb 6 application that connected to the database I mentioned earlier, and ASP .NET running at the same time. I can't solve this problem. When I tried using JET OLEDB Provider(Both application running on the same connection string) : when I run the VB application, it's working normally. but when I try to open my ASP .net application it is showing me an error: Could not use file. File is in use. When I tried Using ODBC (both app running on the same con...

How to access remote Access database?
Hello everyone, What are the permissions we have to give in the Acess db which is in remote? It would be really great if you share me some ideas. Have a good one. Thanks!!!    http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/why-can-t-i-access-a-database-or-text-file-on-another-server.htmlhttp://forums.asp.net/t/1381295.aspx...

Exception accessing Access database
Hi, I am trying to connect to access database. dim objcon as new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source = C:\ASPNET\banking.mdb") dim objcmd as new OleDbDataAdapter("select * from Names", objcon) dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() objcmd.Fill(ds,"Names") MyDataList.DataSource = ds.Tables("Names").DefaultView MyDataList.DataBind() The above is the piece of code where i am getting error The error is Source Error: Line 10: dim ds as DataSet = new DataSet() Line 11: ...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Centrailized access for access database
i want to convert a vb application into asp.net  and back end as access database.how to get an centrailzed access using access database and thru web forms.any help.  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. any help would be more appericated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. could not found any reply Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.  Any possible solutions would be more appreciated Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply help...

Accessing an Access Database on Linux
------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I need to access a MS Access Database residing on a Linux box and perform some queries. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C1DB0F.7665F3F0-- ...

Web resources about - Accessing a Microsoft Access Database - perl.beginners

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...