Web solution help - server side v client side solution

------=_NextPart_000_015B_01C35A1D.F3D06C60

   I was looking for an idea of how I might accomplish something and if =
Perl/CGI is
going to handle what I have in mind.  I have a site that will list =
information with links to
another site or there may just be additional information available.  To =
include the=20
more information with every listing would create a very large web page.  =
I'd
rather have something like the following:
Here is item one (more information on item one)
Here is item two (more information on item two)

  When the visitor clicks on more information... I'd like to have the =
contents of another file with
more details come in and display just below the item listing and prior =
to the next listing.  So, essentially
it's almost like a Server Side Include but the information doesn't get =
included except based on a=20
selection by the visitor.
    This might be handled better on the client side using Dynamic HTML, =
other than the fact that
this would open a very large file as to additional information for each =
item would have to be downloaded when
the page is loaded.  That's what I'm trying to avoid is having =
everything that makes up a large file - large=20
html web page download and take an extensive amount of time.  Instead, I =
want to see if there is a way to=20
download only what is needed and as it is needed.
Thanks,
Bruce
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bruce M. Whealton, Jr.
Publisher/Webmaster Co-Editor of
Word Salad - Literary Magazine at:
http://wordsalad.net/
ICQ # 15782569
MSN IM: brucewhealton@hotmail.com
Yahoo IM: brucewhealton
AIM: BruceMWhealton
Check out some charitable sites:
http://trianglesupport.net/
http://triangle-resources.no-ip.org/
http://savebruce.no-ip.org/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
------=_NextPart_000_015B_01C35A1D.F3D06C60--

0
brucewhealton
8/4/2003 4:18:38 AM
perl.beginners.cgi 3839 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Client side solution?
I have a problem at the moment with a web project.I have two Panels within an UpdatePanel on an aspx page (using Masterpages).  I'm using ASP.Net 2.0 with an AJAX enabled website.The two Panels represent a Master-Detail type relationship.  I want a user to click a LinkButton in the first Panel and then for the 2nd Panel to be displayed with the detail.However, I need to set some text properties of textboxes programmatically when the LinkButton is clicked.The problem, though, is that the UpdatePanel's Load event fires BEFORE the LinkButton's click event.  The data n...

Side By Side
Can the mail view be set up side by side instead of over(Subject ...) / under (message)? On 11/13/13 3:44 PM, OldGuy wrote: > Can the mail view be set up side by side instead of over(Subject ...) / > under (message)? Try View > Layout > Vertical View Is that what you want? -- Ken Mac OS X 10.8.5 Firefox 24.0 Thunderbird 17.0.8 LibreOffice 4.1.2.3 OldGuy wrote: > Can the mail view be set up side by side instead of over(Subject ...) / > under (message)? These are the names of the panes in a layout http://kb.mozillazine.org/Window_layout_-_Thunder...

Your Solution Is NOT a Solution
Name: Jack Email: jackswalwellatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Your Solution Is NOT a Solution Comments: The forum question, Firefox Causes CPU Usage to Lock at 100%, claims to have been solved by the following post: Hi, I've seen this problem too, it's been driving me nuts! I've seen it on XP, Vista and Windows 7. The commonality between all my installations was AVG. I disabled the toolbar plugins, 'security toolbar' and 'safe search' then restarted firefox. Since doing this, firefox is behaving. I had NO problems with previous ...

Sybase / PowerSoft solution for client side validation ?
We have implemented a web-enablement of a PowerBuilder system using Web.PB and the datawindow plug-in. However we have had to write some JavaScript / JScript to do client side validation on fields. (e.g. to check if mandatory data has been entered). What is the Powersoft / Sybase solution to client side validation, or do I have to use JavaScript / JScript returned from Web.PB which is complex and messy ? I have not see Powersoft implement any client-side validation to this point. In a pure HTML world, Javascript is still your best bet to accomplish this. The best solution I&#...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Client side Caching issues (javascript, images, etc)
This is just to help anyone else out that might be searching for help on getting those pesky javascript files, or images, or anything to cache on the client. I've tried every solution posted on here that I could find. I had the correct directory set up, and everything else everyone said to have. I'm going over https but it was an issue either way, and noone could really figure out why - sybase and anyone else I could find to ask. I still haven't figured our *why* it wasn't caching, but I did get it to cache a different way. I'm using the filter feature in easerve...

(Imperfect) Solution to TreeView Postback / Client-Side Node Selection Issue
I've seen this question posted on all corners of the web... "How do I disable "AutoPostBack" on the ASP.NET 2.0 TreeView control?!"  Unfortunately, most of the answers either don't work, miss the point (don't work right), or boil down to "You can't do it."  I happen to know that this behavior worked perfectly in the IEWebControls TreeView that Microsoft released as an add-on prior to ASP.NET 2.0, however.  So I set out to find a solution for the ASP.NET 2.0 TreeView issue. In a nutshell, the behavior that I and others are looking for is to have a TreeView rendered in a page t...

Please help : question on how to reference web controls from client-side Javascript .
Folks,  I have some simple Javascript here that needs to reference not only aCheckBox object being passed as a parameter, but also various otherfields on my web page. My main question is HOW do I access/manipulate controls withclient-side script ? I know how to access the value of the Checkbox because I pass it to myjavascript function like this : QuoteConv(this) . However, since Asp2.0 renames all the ID properties of my web controls, what's the bestway to reference all the various controls (i.e. html TextBox, checkbox,radio, etc) ???Here's the beginning of my aspx page with...

Urgent !!!!!!!! Help required for performing client side functionality through web application........
Hi to all .net techies......I am working on a website developed in asp.net and c-sharp. Now our requirement is  that clients(accessing our web site) should be able to interface hardware devices(actually there is a standard called TWAIN , which is used for interfacing with any TWAIN complaint device) directly with our web applications......I posted two previous posts for first clarifying if it is possible to do wat i want or not this post is available at      http://forums.asp.net/t/1148863.aspx. Actually we have an exe(just exe n not any code) that we used in ou...

Any TreeView client-side solutions for Non-IE browsers? (Netscape, MAC IE, etc).
I'm looking for any insight anyone might have regarding manipulation and creation of treeviews in Non-IE. What I dislike is the postbacks that cancel out my client-side attributes (javascript event handlers, etc). Does anyone have any experience with the treeview in this regard? My thanks in advance. B....

Java Client on an ASP.NET web service.....help required ..havent found solution till now ????
Hello.. This is my first post to the forumhere's a description of the service deployed in ASP.NET . I need a java Client to access this service. After writing a java client i have not been able to get the desired result. im getting an exception as follows ____________________________________________________________________________Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://127.0.0.1/test/HelloWorld.asmx/addat sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:697)at Client.main(Client.java:45)_________...

Supply Side Solution?
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130123144317.htm <quote> Bradford and a team of researchers conducted a first-of-its-kind study on the ways guns move from legal channels into the hands of criminals. In "Counter-marketing in the Courts: The Case of Marketing Channels and Firearms Diversion," published in the Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, they examined 28,000 pages of court documents, looking at what kinds of guns were used in violent crimes and what kinds of safeguards specific gun manufacturers had in place for distribution. "The g...

Executing client side script after client side validation with asp.net 2.0, any ideas?
Hi All,I have a page where i want to display a "please wait" panel after user submits the form and page is validated. I did the following trick in 1.1 many times but it does not work with 2.0, it was something like this:on the page: <script language="javascript">function StartProcessing() {divProcessing.style.display = "block";divCheckout.style.display = "none";}</script>on btnConfirm.Attributes["onclick"] += "if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function') Page_ClientValidate(); if (Page_IsValid) { StartProcessing(); }";So the question is how can i implement same thing...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

Side by Side on IIS6 and cookieless applications
We have a legacy app that works well on IIS5 using .Net Framework 1.0 We implement a side by side installation of 1.0 and 1.1 on IIS 6 in IIS5 isolation mode. When we run the 1.0 application on our IIS6 server with script mapped to the 1.0 web extension, the session id within the URL is being read by IIS6 as an extra level in the relative addresses of all the code - which means none of the images within the code will resolve. If we run the code on IIS6 with .Net Framework 1.1 the cookieless sessions work just as they did on IIS5. We can't do this because we anticipate other probl...

Web resources about - Web solution help - server side v client side solution - perl.beginners.cgi

Solution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In chemistry , a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase . In such a mixture, a solute is a substance dissolved in another ...

3 Examples Of Narrow Perspectives, And 1 Solution
Lawyers who work in all environments should strive to write simply and comprehensibly, but this is particularly important for folks who are in-house. ...

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
... being used and where. To address this browser management company Browsium , is releasing a new web application inventory and analytics solution ...

There’s finally a solution that lets you use the iPhone 6s Plus with one hand
... that post I've corresponded with dozens of people who feel the same way. Well, if you're willing to do a bit of tweaking, there's now a solution ...

Frank Bruni thinks diversity is a fraud... but his solution is questionable.
... schools should "also pay greater heed to how gagged so many politically conservative faculty members and students feel." That's not a solution, ...

Force Protection Video Expands Camera Line and Software Storage Solutions
New product announcement from Force Protection Video

Energy Day At COP21 Unlocks Climate Solutions
... energy. Part of the Lima-Paris Action Agenda, Energy Day at COP21 yesterday put the focus [&hellip Energy Day At COP21 Unlocks Climate Solutions ...

A Possible Solution: Community Gun Courts
I'm a big fan of community courts , an idea that's spread throughout much of the country. That's because the judicial system far too often criminalizes ...

Attack Ad: Trump’s Muslim Moratorium IS Hitler’s ‘Final Solution’
'Don't let extremists turn the United States in 2016 into 1930's Germany'

Another two mass murders, another push from the NRA to block anyone from researching solutions
I think this speaks for itself . x Tell you lawmakers to STOP a push to fund #guncontrol "research"! #2A pic.twitter.com/oFoVO4mnP3 — NRA (@NRA) ...