Not working in Netscape, working in IE

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01C123EA.F9FFE0E0

Hello ,

The problem goes like this-=20

value of $mailids is coming from previous perl script=20
if($emailids eq ' ' || $emailids eq '@' || $emailids eq '.' || $emailids =
!~ /..+/ )
{
print <<"enter";
                        #####invokes the same perl script with the error =
message  ......not working in Netscape but working in IE....instead it =
gives the complete HTML code in Netscape...any solution....any =
suggestions
=20
enter

}
else
{                  ####  invokes the same perl script working in both =
Netscape and IE   checked

}

Thanks=20
Rahul

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01C123EA.F9FFE0E0--

0
rahul
8/13/2001 5:57:46 AM
perl.beginners.cgi 3839 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you should really use the CGI.pm module, if you're ever making html...

but try two newlines after the Content-Type stuff:

 print <<"enter";

that may be the only thing wrong.

--

justin simoni

personal musings ~  http://skazat.com
The only possible ETHIC is to do what one wants to do.
                                                          w. burroughs

On 8/12/01 11:57 PM, "Rahul Garg" <rahul@shaktipro.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> The problem goes like this-
>
> value of $mailids is coming from previous perl script
> if($emailids eq ' ' || $emailids eq '@' || $emailids eq '.' || $emailids !~
> /..+/ )
> {
> print <<"enter";
>                       #####invokes the same perl script with the error message
> ......not working in Netscape but working in IE....instead it gives the
> complete HTML code in Netscape...any solution....any suggestions

> enter
>
> }
> else
> {                  ####  invokes the same perl script working in both Netscape
> and IE   checked
>
> }
>
> Thanks
> Rahul

0
jsimoni

Not working in Netscape, working in IE #2
------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C15714.2A7D4620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am having a similar problem to one that I saw you answer in a post. I have a project where the cgi form is being displayed in Netscape as raw HTML but in IE it works fine. This CGI does not use the "print <<enter..." instead I see "print qq~" If this doesn't help the beginning of where I believe the problem is goes like this: ###################################################### # Login Start Page ...

JavaScript Not Working In IE But Works In Netscape
Hello all, I am using the following javascript function: window.parent.location.href = MyNewPage.aspx If I display the page in Netscape or FireFox, the function works correctly.  If I display the page in IE, the function does not redirect the browser to the new page.  I know I am making the function call in IE because I have an alert statement before and after the "window.parent.location.href" function call.  In IE the first and second alert statement indicate the function is ignored.  In Netscape or FireFox, I do not execute the second alert, instead my browser is red...

Javascript Error in IE...Same script works fine in Netscape. What i need to change to make it work in IE?
function validCheck(frmObj){ var checkbox_choices = false; for (counter = 0; counter lifevision: function validCheck(frmObj){ var checkbox_choices = false; for (counter = 0; counter paste the complete functionMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets place "var" before the variable counter: for (var counter = 0; counter < 10; counter ++){ }...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.x
Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.x Best Regards, Vivek Singh Hi, do you mean the ASP.NET validation controls client side functions? Because only IE 5+ are considered an uplevel browser the client side validation will work. Other browsers are considered downlevel (this can be adjusted in the machine.config btw) so the webuivalidation.js doesn't get submitted to the client. Validation will allways occur though but only on the server side. Besides that I also believe that other browsers aren't capable of understanding the jscript that gets shipped with...

Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.0
Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.0 Best Regards, Vivek Singh What exacting do you mean by not working? Do you mean that the input is not being validated? Make sure that you have then enabled. If you are using VS, then right click on your project go to properties Common Properties Designer Defaults and make sure that the drop down list says at least IE 5.0. If you mean that the validation is causing a postback, then this is what is meant to happen. This is because of the javascript that ASP.NET passes to validate the input.Intel...

What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox
Name: Bill Schultz Email: altmailatbresnandotnet Product: Firefox Summary: What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox Comments: If you open http://www.allseeingeye.whatshisface.org in Internet Explorer and click on the links you will hear Audio Files play that are attached to the different web pages. You will also notice dissolve transitions between the pages. When you click on the 1st small eyeball you will see a form appear. Now run the same Web Site in FireFox. 1. No Audio. 2. No page transitions. 3. Instead of the form appearing, FireFox gives an error message. It...

onchange event for Html select control not working in Firefox and netscape but working fine in IE and opera
I have the following code of select control   <select id="cboState" onchange="distfill();" " >  this onchange event is not firing in Firefox and netscape but working fine in IE and opera.     PLease tell me how can i resolve my problem.RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous Works for me. Maybe your problem ...

Div control height does not work in IE 6 but works in IE 7?
I am using a Div control to expand and contract the height to show more fields in a FormView. It works in IE 7 but in IE 6 does not work? Any ideas? When the ASP.NET 2.0 WebForm opens up in IE 6 the hight is disregarded but in IE 7 it shows correctly. Then I have a button in the FormView that changes the height with same results, works in IE 7 but not IE 6.  <div id="divInsert" style="width: 100px; height: 270px">  ... FormView inside there</div> Protected Sub btnPanelInsert_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)  If ...

CreateUserWizard works in IE and does not work in Firefox
hi all!please help on subject.When I press button create user in Internet explorer wizard takes me to next step (or final step in may case). it is good.When I do the same in firefox - wizard reloads page and I am again on first step of createuserwizard. What could possibly be wrong? please advice  I think authentication may cause the difference. And you can check if there is any custom CreateUser Event handler or any method of the class has been overwritten.  I have event handlers for CreatedUser, NextButtonClick, SendingMail events. But I need them.By the way, simple Cre...

Buttons do not work in IE but they work in Firefox
I installed the issue tracker in a windows 2003 sever running other asp.net apps, not when I use IE to open the page and I clik to any button they do not work but if I use firefox they work perfectly. Any Ideas why? Thanks Arrendajo Sounds like you need to lower IE's security settings for your Issue Tracker site.       ...

Usercontrols works in IE?How it works in FF?
Hi all, i have developed a calender user control using javascript.it is working in IE.how is it working for ff.i have written the code here.....   myscript.js var ie=document.all   /* hides <select> and <applet> objects (for IE only) */function hideElement( elmID, overDiv ) {if( ie ) {for( i = 0; i < document.all.tags( elmID ).length; i++ ) { obj = document.all.tags( elmID )[i];if( !obj || !obj.offsetParent ) {continue; }   // Find the element's offsetTop and offsetLeft relative to the BODY tag. objLeft = obj.offs...

Button not working in IE (but works in Firefox)
 Not sure why this has come up, but I've been recently alerted that a button is no longer working.  I haven't touched this part of the code in a while - it works fine in Firefox but not in I.E. I really can't figure out where the problem is. <asp:button id="btn2" type="submit" onclick="changeleague" text="Yes" runat="server" /> Form tags there, as I said works in Firefox.  I can't understand how there could be browser issues with browsers, but any help that could be provided would be greatly...

Web resources about - Not working in Netscape, working in IE - perl.beginners.cgi

Netscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Communications (formerly known as Netscape Communications Corporation and commonly known as Netscape ) is a US computer services company, ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

The Netscape Blog
After the recent announcement about the future of My.Netscape, there have been a number of questions posed to our feedback channels. We thought ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Tiger Woods Wins Memorial Miss USA 2012 Richard Dawson Dies Youngest M.D. Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: Clinton: Romney ...

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Jim Parsons Outed Phillip Phillips Kidney Surgery Hurricane Bud John Edwards Trial Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: FACT ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL offers today's news, sports, stock quotes, weather, movie reviews, TV trends and more. Get free email, AIM access, online radio, videos and ...

Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA - Flickr ...
Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA. Andreessen is a well renowned Silicon Valley ...

Kristy Hinze marries Netscape founder
Kristy Hinze, the swimsuit model-turned-billionairess, became the fourth Mrs Jim Clark on Monday. - Brisbane Times

Attention Marc Andreessen: Microsoft Just Bought (Part Of) Netscape
Here’s a deal that would have made many minds explode back in the 1990s: Microsoft is buying Netscape. Or at least, most of the important parts ...