CGI Error Message

--=_663A041E.25443159

Any idea what this error message means:  [08/Aug/2002:08:13:59] failure (  =
972): for host 172.21.214.231 trying to GET /cgi-bin/tecgraph.cgi, =
cgi_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /appl/webdocs/cgi-bin/tecgraph.cg=
i did not produce a valid header (name without value: got line "<?xml =
version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?>")

I've done some searching on the net but haven't found any information =
about what this message means or how to fix it.

Thanks,

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

--=_663A041E.25443159--
0
jpitchko
8/8/2002 2:24:05 PM
perl.beginners.cgi 3839 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi John,
its actually being quite pricise here.

It is saying that the CGI app didn't produce any correct HTTP header
(headers followed by 2 lines feeds then followed by content).

There first content which your CGI returned to the webserver was <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> and Apache tried to interpret it as an HTTP
header and it aint.

try a simple 'print "content type: text/plain\n\n";' before you print out
your XML.

joel

Any idea what this error message means:  [08/Aug/2002:08:13:59] failure (
972): for host 172.21.214.231 trying to GET /cgi-bin/tecgraph.cgi,
cgi_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /appl/webdocs/cgi-bin/tecgraph.cgi
did not produce a valid header (name without value: got line "<?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>")

I've done some searching on the net but haven't found any information about
what this message means or how to fix it.

Thanks,

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

0
joel
8/8/2002 2:29:07 PM
--=_005C6285.F796E38B

Actually, it is not. I have found in my experience that CGI.pm will throw =
that error message for pretty much any error that occurs within the =
program, header related or not (usually not). In this case, we are =
generating a complete and valid header by the script.

I should have mentioned something that I suppose would be important. The =
script worked fine until I added the following code:

if (`uname -n` eq "supermon")
{
 use constant DATA_SERVER =3D> "TIVDSPP";
}
elsif (`uname -n` eq "tech03")
{
 use constant DATA_SERVER =3D> "TIVDSTP";
}
else
{
 error("fatal", undef, "Could not find proper data server!");
}

I am assuming it is something in the backtick commands. I did turn taint =
mode off for the time being.

But thank you for your help.

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

>>> "Joel Hughes" <joel@jojet.com> 08/08/02 08:29am >>>
Hi John,
its actually being quite pricise here.

It is saying that the CGI app didn't produce any correct HTTP header
(headers followed by 2 lines feeds then followed by content).

There first content which your CGI returned to the webserver was <?xml
version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?> and Apache tried to interpret it as =
an HTTP
header and it aint.

try a simple 'print "content type: text/plain\n\n";' before you print out
your XML.

joel

Any idea what this error message means:  [08/Aug/2002:08:13:59] failure (
972): for host 172.21.214.231 trying to GET /cgi-bin/tecgraph.cgi,
cgi_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /appl/webdocs/cgi-bin/tecgraph.cg=
did not produce a valid header (name without value: got line "<?xml
version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?>")

I've done some searching on the net but haven't found any information =
about
what this message means or how to fix it.

Thanks,

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

--=20
To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-cgi-unsubscribe@perl.org
For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-cgi-help@perl.org

--=_005C6285.F796E38B--
0
jpitchko
8/8/2002 2:38:45 PM
John,
is error() your function? does it use CGI::Carp?

Does 'nobody' have permission to do a `uname -n`?

joel

Actually, it is not. I have found in my experience that CGI.pm will throw
that error message for pretty much any error that occurs within the program,
header related or not (usually not). In this case, we are generating a
complete and valid header by the script.

I should have mentioned something that I suppose would be important. The
script worked fine until I added the following code:

if (`uname -n` eq "supermon")
{
 use constant DATA_SERVER => "TIVDSPP";
}
elsif (`uname -n` eq "tech03")
{
 use constant DATA_SERVER => "TIVDSTP";
}
else
{
 error("fatal", undef, "Could not find proper data server!");
}

I am assuming it is something in the backtick commands. I did turn taint
mode off for the time being.

But thank you for your help.

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

>>> "Joel Hughes" <joel@jojet.com> 08/08/02 08:29am >>>
Hi John,
its actually being quite pricise here.

It is saying that the CGI app didn't produce any correct HTTP header
(headers followed by 2 lines feeds then followed by content).

There first content which your CGI returned to the webserver was <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> and Apache tried to interpret it as an HTTP
header and it aint.

try a simple 'print "content type: text/plain\n\n";' before you print out
your XML.

joel

Any idea what this error message means:  [08/Aug/2002:08:13:59] failure (
972): for host 172.21.214.231 trying to GET /cgi-bin/tecgraph.cgi,
cgi_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /appl/webdocs/cgi-bin/tecgraph.cgi
did not produce a valid header (name without value: got line "<?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>")

I've done some searching on the net but haven't found any information about
what this message means or how to fix it.

Thanks,

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

joel
8/8/2002 2:44:16 PM

> There first content which your CGI returned to the webserver was <?xml
> version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> and Apache tried to interpret it as an HTTP
> header and it aint.

Actually, xml ... This is not a header though. That's more properly treat
as a meta. Valid header are listed inside /conf/mime.types at the Apache
Server.

> try a simple 'print "content type: text/plain\n\n";' before you print out
> your XML.

No... that should be :
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"

Rgds,
Connie

0
unknown
8/8/2002 2:50:54 PM
--=_2C704EA2.58394C27

Yes, error() is a custom HTML error message function and it does not use =
CGI::Carp.

'nobody' does have permission for the `uname -n` call.

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

>>> "Joel Hughes" <joel@jojet.com> 08/08/02 08:44am >>>
John,
is error() your function? does it use CGI::Carp?

Does 'nobody' have permission to do a `uname -n`?

joel

Actually, it is not. I have found in my experience that CGI.pm will throw
that error message for pretty much any error that occurs within the =
program,
header related or not (usually not). In this case, we are generating a
complete and valid header by the script.

I should have mentioned something that I suppose would be important. The
script worked fine until I added the following code:

if (`uname -n` eq "supermon")
{
use constant DATA_SERVER =3D> "TIVDSPP";
}
elsif (`uname -n` eq "tech03")
{
use constant DATA_SERVER =3D> "TIVDSTP";
}
else
{
error("fatal", undef, "Could not find proper data server!");
}

I am assuming it is something in the backtick commands. I did turn taint
mode off for the time being.

But thank you for your help.

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

>>> "Joel Hughes" <joel@jojet.com> 08/08/02 08:29am >>>
Hi John,
its actually being quite pricise here.

It is saying that the CGI app didn't produce any correct HTTP header
(headers followed by 2 lines feeds then followed by content).

There first content which your CGI returned to the webserver was <?xml
version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?> and Apache tried to interpret it as =
an HTTP
header and it aint.

try a simple 'print "content type: text/plain\n\n";' before you print out
your XML.

joel

Any idea what this error message means:  [08/Aug/2002:08:13:59] failure (
972): for host 172.21.214.231 trying to GET /cgi-bin/tecgraph.cgi,
cgi_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /appl/webdocs/cgi-bin/tecgraph.cg=
did not produce a valid header (name without value: got line "<?xml
version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?>")

I've done some searching on the net but haven't found any information =
about
what this message means or how to fix it.

Thanks,

John Pitchko
Data Services
Saskatchewan Government Insurance

--=_2C704EA2.58394C27--
0
jpitchko

from CGI to CGI
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C1A1E1.125E2D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have a small problem. I would like to know some function=20 to redirect the control flow from a perl CGI to another perl CGI, e.g.: CGI 1 (at some place) = CGI 2 (at http://www.java.sun.com/manuals/index.cgi) -------- = = -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

CGI Error with Bugzilla but other cgi scripts work fine
Hi, I'm looking to use Bugzilla within our organisation and I've hit a bizarre problem. I'm using Apache 1.3, mySQL on a Windows 2000 box (yes, I know, I plan on migrating to Linux as soon as the hardware becomes available). The problem is executing http://myserver/bugzilla/index.cgi generates an internal server error. I assumed it was because the server was not executing cgi scripts (which is what testserver.pl tells me). The bizarre thing is, I wrote a little hello world perl script called andytest.cgi and copied that into the bugzilla directory and ran it and it wo...

Standard CGI module vs CGI::Fast/CGI::Simple
------=_Part_14760_31329671.1213709823781 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi, I will be developing a database backed CGI application and now looking into CPAN modules to use. Now my idea is to find people who have experience using the modules I am considering to hear their opinion. For instance, I normally write a subroutine which prints the overall layout of all my pages, so each time I need to sent a page to the user I call the subroutine to pass some values to print the page (see example): sub print...

Bugzilla::CGI::upload: syntax error at C:/bugzilla-2.22.2/attachment.cgi line 379
I'm running bugzilla 2.22.2 with CGI version 3.20. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem? There isn't much details, the error log has pretty much the same the I see on the submit attachment screen. thanks, Jerome Full error: attachment.cgi: Bugzilla::CGI::upload: syntax error at C:/bugzilla-2.22.2/attachment.cgi line 379, referer: http://localhost:8080/attachment.cgi?bugid=1&action=enter ...

cgi error
Hello everyone, I am new to Perl and CGI so I need some help. I have a simple cgi script: #!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; print "This is my first CGI application"; I save the script using the .cgi nameing convention. I can run the script from unix with no errors but when I try to run it in a browser I get: Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. I must be missing something obvious. Any suggestions? Thanks David _____________________...

CGI errors
Hello all, I have written eight inquiry applications, some of which have been running for as long as 2-1/2 years. They were originally written in pb5 and were migrated to pb6.5. I am using O'Reilly WebSite 2.3.7, and am almost embarrassed to admit they're sitting on an old P200 Win 95 box. Surprisingly, I've had very little problems, despite the fact that the server may get as many as 3000 hits per day. One of the applications (the one used most) sometimes crashes, and the error.log will show something like this: Empty output from CGI program C:/WebSite/cgi-shl/pbcgi60.exe...

Fast CGI or Multithreaded CGI
Hello I am in process of writing a cgi program to reload tomcat applications over network. and I know that I should write it Multithreaded cgi or with Fastcgi, but I don't know which one works better for me. would you please let me know the advantage of each over other one. also would you please let me know if there is any related module written for this purpose. Thanks Adam ...

CGI errors
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9442B.F3103350 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am moving a bugzilla MySQL instance from Ubuntu to CentOS. I installed bugzilla and had it running on my CentOS instance, then exported the bugs database on the Ubuntu instance and imported onto the CentOS box, but now I get the following error. Bugzilla has suffered an internal error. Please save this page and send it to THE MAINTAINER HAS NOT YET BEEN SET with details of what you were doing ...

CGI Error
I have a web.pb app that works great on the dev box but does not work at all on the production box. NT 4.0 Powbuilder 7.0.1 pbcgi70.exe As soon as you do anything on the web site get error message: "the specified cgi application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of http headers. The headers it did return are " ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Solved. The problem was that the production NT box had read priviledge removed on the c:\winnt\pbweb.ini file. Allow read priv on this file an...

error "Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /var/www/html/bugzilla/editparams.cgi"
Hello to all! We are running Bugzilla (and SVN) for more than a year now and had never pr= oblems with it. but now I am not able to access the parameters page. ------------------ Parameters Set core parameters of the installation. That's the place where you specify= the URL to access this installation, determine how users authenticate, cho= ose which bug fields to display, select the mail transfer agent to send ema= il notifications, choose which group of users can use charts and share quer= ies, and much more. ---------------- I checked the logfiles and there I found this:...

CGI Error
I have installed bugzilla and the checksetup.pl states that everything is installed. However, when I open the index.cgi file in my browser it reports: The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. I am running bugzilla on a Windows Server 2003 box with IIS 6.0. I installed ActiveState Perl v5.8.8. I asked ActiveState about this issue and they thought it might be that I did not have a necesarry module installed. According to checksetup.pl everything is installed that is needed. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? ...

CGI error
Hello all, I am getting the following error when trying to execute a cgi script on my solaris 2.6 box: [10/Jun/2002:12:48:13] failure (16686): for host 63.169.192.198 trying to POST /cgi-bin/ts_ticket_submit.cgi, cgieng_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /usr/netscape/server4/cgi-bin/ts_ticket_submit.cgi did not produce a valid header (name without value: got line "begin failed--compilation aborted at /usr/netscape/server4/cgi-bin/ts_ticket_submit.cgi line 3.") LINE 3: use MIME::Entity; I looked it up online and nothing appears to be similar to my problem...

[Bugzill 3.0.2] Bugzilla::CGI::upload: syntax error at C:\bugzilla\post_bug.cgi line 188
Hi Folks, I am getting this error whe I poted my bug in bugzillaBugzilla::CGI::upload: syntax error at C:\bugzilla\post_bug.cgi line 188 For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Thu Jan 31 14:43:54 2008] post_bug.cgi: Bugzilla::CGI::upload: syntax error at C:\bugzilla\post_bug.cgi line 188 -Sean On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:46:03 -0800 "Sean" <imfeaw5672@pacbell.net> wrote: > [Thu Jan 31 14:43:54 2008] post_bug.cgi: Bugzilla::CGI::upload: > syntax error at C:\bugzilla\post_bu...

cgi
is it possible to connect to EAServer using pure CGI. Hello, You could get away with using the CGI module of PowerDynamo to connect to Jaguar, or use something like SybPerl to develop you CGI scripts and communicate with jaguar via MASP. Ryan Lubke "dbal" <declan.ballantyne@clients.ie> wrote in message news:RaBkKszk$GA.201@forums.sybase.com... > is it possible to connect to EAServer using pure CGI. > > > dbal wrote: > is it possible to connect to EAServer using pure CGI. Not sure what you mean by 'pure CGI' but since it...

Web resources about - CGI Error Message - perl.beginners.cgi

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Some Pebble smartwatch owners can now reply to text messages on the watch – but there are catches
Pebble smartwatches just got a little smarter, allowing some iPhone owners to reply to text messages directly on the watch – something that has ...

Viber now lets you attach files, delete messages and more
Viber continues to bring handy updates that make the app even more vibrant all the time. From the addition of sticker packs and link previews ...

AT&T, Verizon try to prevent ban on text message blocking
(credit: Intel Free Press ) AT&T, Verizon, and other wireless carriers are urging the Federal Communications Commission to reject a petition ...

Hollande's message to Obama: This is an emergency
A French official tells CBS News that Francois Hollande will tell Obama the threat from ISIS requires urgent action

The Messages The US Dropped On ISIS Are Chilling
The Messages The US Dropped On ISIS Are Chilling

Broadcast Networks Kick Off Thanksgiving Programming With Obama Message: Keep Calm, Carry On
Big 4 broadcast networks joined their cable news brethren in carrying President Obama ’s short Thanksgiving-eve statement to a jittery public ...

Mixed Messages
Read more...

Scientists use 'spooky action' to mail electron messages a mile
Researchers at Stanford University announced Tuesday that they had successfully leveraged the "spooky" interaction of entangled electrons to ...

Len Goodman Shares Special Message on 'DWTS' Finale: He's Coming Back!
The long-time 'Dancing With the Stars' judge revealed that he's returning when Season 22 kicks off in March.