DateTime format for web server

I have put together a simple Apache2 web server on SUSE 11.1 using mono
(ASP.NET). I noticed though that when I go to my sample web page that
the time format is in military time. How can I configure apache to
display in normal US time, that is am and pm.

:\  :)

--
Z_K

opensuse.org.network-internet 6943 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is not an Apache issue, it's your Mono app that displays it. So you
should look at your program.

--
ken_yap
ken_yap's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=221

0
ken
5/7/2009 11:26:01 PM
Apache still has nothing to do with it. The app runtime libraries get
the time (in seconds from 1/1/1970, no human formatting) from the OS,
and translate it to whatever the human needs to see. I'd look at
settings for the Mono runtime. It may be related to locale, since
obviously the presentation of date depends on the natural language in
use in that locale.

Remember that Mono is a .NET workalike, not an exact copy. You may have
to tweak some things yourself.

--
ken_yap
ken_yap's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=221
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=414069

0
ken
5/8/2009 12:36:01 AM
That does not seem right, it works fine on a Windows 2000 server.  I
have posted my code below, it is very simple and I got it out of a
book.

:\

Code:

<head>
<title>Testing ASP.NET/C#</title>
<script runat="server" language="C#">
protected void Page_Load(Object s, EventArgs e)
{
lblTime.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString();
}
</script>

</head>
<h2>Testing ASP.NET and C# on my first ASP.NET web page</h2>

Today's Date:
	<asp:Label runat="server" id="lblTime" />

--
Z_K
Z_K's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=26298

Oh, okay thanks.

:)

--
Z_K
Z_K's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=26298
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=414069

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Unable to start debuggin on the web server. The format of the specified network name is invalid.
 Hello all,            I have been pulling my hair out with this error. I have search high and low and cannot find any resolutions. I receive this error when I try to start debugging: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The format of the specified network name is invalid. My web servers is running Windows Server 2003. I am using VS2005 Pro. I am a member of a domain. The remote debugger appears to be installed correctly and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated and would stop me from going insane. Olan HallOHall WebServi...

Unit Test
I am working with VSTS Unit Testing for my application(VS.net 2005) . When I run my Unit Test Case from VSTS, some times its working fine and some times its giving an error "The Web Server for page http://localhost/abc/abc.aspx" did not respond.  Check that the web server is running and visible on the network".  But in my application the page running perfectly.  Only i am getting this problem when i run my unit test.  Please help us to solve this issue, if any one know the solution.  Thanks in Advance Anil Heya Anil. ok. lets try ...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

How to pull data from a remote server to the web server. Initiated by the web server session.
Hello.I am brand new to asp.net. Just starting to do web development. However I do have extensive software experience developingapplications on local networks, mobile devices, vb.net, vb.net remoting,etc. Here is the senario:    Bob delivers bottled water to several hundred accounts.    Bob keeps all information regarding his accounts in an    SQL server located at site A.  Bob has an ASP.net application    hosted on a web server at site B.  Bob wants to allow his     accounts to log in to the web serve...

Web Server in DMZ trying to connect to Web Services inside network
My situation is this: I developed a Web Application and Web Service on my local machine.  Everything works great.  I can run the Web Application which calls the Web Service which then accesses our SQL Server (which is on another server). I then moved the Web Service to the Production Web Services Server (which is in the local domain inside the firewall) and had to adjust my Web Application code on my local machine so that it was able to find the production Web Service.  I did this by putting in my Web.config the key value pair of the Web Services location and changin...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

How do I trick MS web servers into thinking Mozilla is Internet explorer web browser
in reference to a previous post "Getting IE content like asp, aspx on Mozilla" So I often get blocked from websevers saying I don't have the required M$ browser. How do I tell mozilla to say its IE instead. Or could I hijack the request when the server when it queries Mozilla to find out what browser it is and tell the server its some p.o.s software from M$. Or is this a .NET thing that only works on I.E corey Corey wrote: > in reference to a previous post > > "Getting IE content like asp, aspx on Mozilla" > > > So I...

Inserting DateTime from web server with en-AU into database server with en-US
Hi there, How when I am using ADO.net can I pass a C# .Net DateTime object with en-AU culture to a en-US db server? i.e. can I set the culture of a DateTime object? I know I can do the DateTime.Now.ToString(new culture("en-US")) but that only converts it to a string. I want to be able to set the Culture of my DateTime object prior to passing it into the Stored Proc. Cheers Rob Hi rcfearn, You could specify the format when you convert a string/datetime to a new datetime with "Convert.ToDateTime" method. Please check the samples and details in this link. Thanks.D...

SQL SERVER 2000: In which format the datetime will be stored in sql server 2000?
Hi All, I would like to know, how the datetime will be stored in the sqlserver datetime column. Because some time i am giving the date in dd/mm/yyyy and sometime mm/dd/yyyy. while give the date in mm/dd/yyyy works fine but not in the another case. and also while i execute a query on query analyser it shows the datetime in yyyy/mm/dd format. So anyone can please tell me how the dates will be stored in the datetime column of sqlserver database? Thanks in Advance. Regards, Dhanasekaran. G Storing of datetime depends upon the globalization setting. Normally the date time is stor...

Network to Web Server
Hello I am new to .net and asp.net.  On my local network i have our accounting system using sql 2005 and also a have an access database. We need to get this data to our web site sql 2005 database which is not connected to our network.  Can somebody advise me on which would be the best and most secure way? Should i use Web Services to communicate between the network and the web server  or use some other method like FTP, smtp? Thanks in advance for any help If you just want to move the database you don't need any of the above, all the ways to move da...

Create our own Web Server- free web server
It sounds a bit crazy but I do really hope to do so. Currently the hosting cost for running ASP.NET is expensive comparing to LAMP solution. Now we have free DB, free developer tools, except 'A'- in order to run a productional web server the only choice in Windows is IIS 6.0, which means another couple thousands dollars. If we can create a web server independent of OS, we can run a web server as cheap as $0, provided that we got windows 2000 pro/xp home. The Web Server edition of Windows Server is very cheap actualy. More expensive than a Win XP Home, of course...but defina...

I have copied web project from one server to other server, but my crystal reports prints is not nicely formated
I am copied my web site project from one server to other.every thing works fine on my new server where I have copied my project, except my crystal reports. My crystal report's format is not correctly formated when I print using new server. (It was working fine on my old server and printed nicely printed). Remember I have copied my web project from one server to other, all necessary files are present on new server's folder.  show me /give me solutions for this problem, how do I fix this problem with crystal reports.  thank u maxmax...

Web resources about - DateTime format for web server - opensuse.org.network-internet

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: &lt;span class="utctime"&gt;2010-01-01 11:30 PM&lt;/span&gt; I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...