Installed but hangs on shutdown, Then does not boot - only with install Disk

I am new to Suse and I am having a problem where I Installed Suse 11.3
from the downloaded ISO DVD image burnt onto disk, Install went well but
hangs up on shutdown, Then does not boot - only with install Disk when I
choose install and then Update, then after Updating with the Install DVD
I go back to my regular desktop.

Please help me Users to eliminate the use of update to Boot and to fix
Shutdown problem

Thanks
Jesse

--
my_1st_suse

my
8/19/2010 10:36:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ok guys, I took care of it, I was on the PC all day but its already
resolved.  I went under admin settings under control center and used the
Boot loader option to configure which partition I wanted to mount at
boot up.  IO will post more info if anyone else needs help. Thanks for
stopping by

--
my_1st_suse
my_1st_suse's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=49382

0
my

To install or not to install?

Help
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The server object and "servername-PS" objects have been created, but the = server seems to have stuck! Any ideas? I had to type IP address of server with replica, which seemed to work = (installing over VPN link, but I've done this before with no trouble and = there is no problem I'm aware of with the link - everything else works) Cheers, Peter. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQY...

Install hangs
Help!!! On a 6.5 install after hardware crash of raid controller. Hardware ok. It gets to installing eDirectory - putting server into existing tree - and says the server already exists. I answer replace - logon to the DS as admin - I see 'Established communication...' on console screen, but the install acreen pops a box saying 'Please Wait' with 'Installing eDirectory...' and has stayed that way for at least 16 hours. Attempted twice more - shorter duration waits - to no avail. ray Clean your tree before reinstalling the server. E.g. remove the server...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

DVD install hangs at driver install . .
Hello, I am new to Suse being a Kubuntu user mainly then Ubuntu with ldxe. I've got rather fed up with 'bloat' and continual issues with Kubuntu so I am going to try Suse 12.1 with ldxe. However unlike Kubuntu I am having trouble with the drivers at more or less the start of the install i.e. before any language/keyboard stuff etc. The install hangs at the driver stage and so I am at a loss as to what I do now. I know there are issues with Nvidia on Suse and I have what I believe are the bits and pieces I need to get the correct driver in place once the installation h...

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!
Dear Forum,   I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following... Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads... "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager." After which...

New Server install hangs at installing eDirectory
Installing a NW6.5 server into existing NW 5.1 tree. Install goes fine until eDirectory and server hangs at "installing eDirectory." Console screen shows that communication with existing 5.1 server has been established. DSTrace screen on 5.1 server shows "schema has not completed synchronizing with NEWSERVERNAME." Ran the deployment wizard and everything passed prior to the install. Any ideas? blewis@iextensive.net wrote: > Installing a NW6.5 server into existing NW 5.1 tree. Install goes > fine until eDirectory and server hangs at "installing ...

New install of ZFD 4 hangs during installation
We are having an issue with the ZFD 4 install hanging at the very end of the install (when it is editing the AUTOEXEC.NCF and creating ZFDSTART.NCF, etc.). These files don't get created/updated but it appears the rest of the product is copied down. We are stopping Java first, and everything else recommended in the installation instructions. The GUI installer just hangs at the last dialog and even if left overnight is still spinning.... Any ideas? Thanks! -Greg -- Using Virtual Access http://www.soft-shop.com Sent using Virtual Access 5.51 - downloa...

Web resources about - Installed but hangs on shutdown, Then does not boot - only with install Disk - opensuse.org.help.install

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland’s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.