Install RAID drivers during install

Hi there,

I have a new Dell R610 server with a H200 RAID controller onto which I
am trying to install OpenSuse 11.1. That said, it does not appear to
support the RAID controller. I see that Dell have the Linux drivers for
the controller on their website (officially supporting ES10 / 11 and
RHLE5).

Is there an easy way to to install these drivers during the early part
of the setup process? I'm a bit stuck as to where I load them in.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

--
robertdehaas

robertdehaas
2/23/2011 10:36:02 AM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Why 11.1? Support has ended, unless you plant to run with the evergreen
project?

I can't help you with RAID at all, sorry. I never use it and don't
recommend it really. It always seems problematic.

--
Box: Mint 10 | Gnome 2.3 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap #1: openSUSE 11.3  | Duo T4300 | KDE 4.6 |  Gnome 2.3 | Intel M4

0
caf4926
2/23/2011 11:06:02 AM
caf4926;2294070 Wrote:
> Why 11.1? Support has ended, unless you plant to run with the evergreen
> project?

+1

> I can't help you with RAID at all, sorry. I never use it and don't
> recommend it really. It always seems problematic.

RAID is necessary for enterprise setups. So why not get some practice
on it at home too as drives are cheap? For example in a small business,
it might mean the difference between being able to carry on until you
can can spare a few minutes to swap out the bad drive and repair the
array; and several hours of downtime restoring from a backup, while your
workers are idle, and clients seethe. It's not a substitute for a
backup, to be sure, but it improves the availability.

--
ken_yap
ken_yap's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=221
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=454553

0
ken

To install or not to install?

Nvidia driver: to install or not to install
Why some one needs to (or should) install Nvidia driver instead of free Graphic driver? What are the reasons? What are advantages of Nvidia driver compare to free graphic driver? -- _MrAli_ http://mgtman.blogfa.com *My System:* Hp pavilion dv2690ee notebook, Intel core2due 2.4 GH CPU, 3MB Cache, 250 GB HDD, 2 GB Ram, nvidia Gforce 8400 Gs Graphic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Overall way better graphics and performance -- Box: 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM Lap #1: 12.1 | Duo T4300 | KDE4.7...

Help
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The server object and "servername-PS" objects have been created, but the = server seems to have stuck! Any ideas? I had to type IP address of server with replica, which seemed to work = (installing over VPN link, but I've done this before with no trouble and = there is no problem I'm aware of with the link - everything else works) Cheers, Peter. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQY...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

How to install with RAID already installed for XP?
Hi all. 1st post. I currently dual boot with Ubuntu 9.04 but somehow have a difficult time with RAID. I'm not sure which RAID array was installed as it was setup by a computer shop. At 1st, they had RAID-0 with both 120Gb HDDs acting as one 240Gb. I had this reset to 2-120Gb HDDs that store date independently. There is a RAID influence as if one of the 120Gb HDDs is not plugged in, XP will boot slow if at all. I don't see any mirroring of data which would be, I think, RAID-1. The MB manual says it supports RAID-0 or RAID-1. But most say it acts like RAID-5. A 3rd HDD, 200Gb, ...

DVD install hangs at driver install . .
Hello, I am new to Suse being a Kubuntu user mainly then Ubuntu with ldxe. I've got rather fed up with 'bloat' and continual issues with Kubuntu so I am going to try Suse 12.1 with ldxe. However unlike Kubuntu I am having trouble with the drivers at more or less the start of the install i.e. before any language/keyboard stuff etc. The install hangs at the driver stage and so I am at a loss as to what I do now. I know there are issues with Nvidia on Suse and I have what I believe are the bits and pieces I need to get the correct driver in place once the installation h...

Installing nvidia drivers using their own installer.
I can install the nvidia driver for my card easily with yast but would like to try using nvidia's own installer. There is a paths problem. I've spent some time looking at 11.4 kernel build paths and they seem to be circular so the installer will not find what it needs. The installers help in this respect is as follows. Code: -------------------- --kernel-source-path=KERNEL-SOURCE-PATH The directory containing the kernel source files that should be used when compiling the NVIDIA kernel module. When not specified, the installer will use '/lib/mod...

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Help Please, how do I reinstall gnome/ati drivers from install dvd on an installed 11.2 sys?
Deleted my ati drivers accidently during a botched upgrade. Have been trying to fix the problem from things I read on here, made a thread but can't get online to execute it.Found my install dvd tried running repair and in the process deleted my windows partition(anyway to get that back?) and still no previous ati drivers or gnome installed. So my question is how do I install ati drivers from the dvd and how do I install gnome or kde from install dvd? -- Marslightyear ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marslightyear;2166924 Wro...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Web resources about - Install RAID drivers during install - opensuse.org.help.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Appleā€™s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...

MLB Recommends All 30 Stadiums Install Additional Safety Netting
... too many baseball fans got seriously hurt by line-drive foul balls last season, which reignited the debate over whether stadiums should install ...