Install help-Can't Boot from DVD

I have an older PC. it will only boot from CD, not from the DVD.  I
installed from the live CD, but now want to have a full install of 11.2,
and the machine has no internet access.  I have burned the iso of 11.2
to a dvd, but how shall I get it to install? There is an .exe file on
the dvd, but (obviously??) the os thinks that it is an archive file.
Please help.

ND

--
NDcfd

NDcfd
2/1/2010 8:26:01 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can you boot from USB, unetbootin is a handy tool to create a bootable
usb device from an iso.

If not, you should just plug in a network card. They are not that
expensive and will enhance your expirience big time :)

--
Certified Linux Engineer
joostvanrooij's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=3557

0
joostvanrooij
2/1/2010 8:36:02 PM
I don't think the USB is an option.  Assuming for the moment that I have
a network card, what would I do with it? Can I "daisy chain" it to a
machine that is online and then download direct from internet?

--
NDcfd
NDcfd's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=41449
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432130

0
NDcfd
2/1/2010 8:36:02 PM
Connect it to your switch or hub or home router

'How to Wire a Network'
(http://www.dewassoc.com/support/networking/wirenetwork.htm)

--
Certified Linux Engineer
joostvanrooij's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=3557
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432130

0
joostvanrooij

Can't Install XE2 help From Web Installer
Keeps giving me the following error: "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. > {quote:title=Nigel Tavendale wrote:}{quote} > Keeps giving me the following error: > > "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." > > The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. I can't get anything install at all with the s...

Help
I first tried this with the version 11.0 and then again with 11.1 with no difference. I boot from the liveCD, everything looks good and then the entire screen goes blank and stays blank. I suspect this happens when it attempts to switch to the graphical video mode. The quick hardware specs are: * New blank SATA HDD is installed. * I'm booting from the LiveCD * Dell Dimension 8400 with 4-Gigs RAM * Video card is a NVidia 9500GT with dual DVI outputs. This setup works perfect with WinXP-Pro and with Ubuntu 8.04. But with OpenSuse (and Fedora 10.0) it gets to a certain poin...

'can't find source media' during 11.3 install although does boot the iso dvd..?
Greets: I spent some hours trying to find info about my problem but couldn't. Soo..here's my problem. I'm trying to install 11.3. The iso install DVD boots up ok, says 'welcome' in far more languages than I understand, I select English & US English then all useful progress stops. It suddenly can't detect my CD/DVD (although it DID when the system booted with the CD/DVD drive selected as 1st device to try to boot). I've tried pushing the button to eject and reload the DVD, no dice. Nothing seems to work, when I finally go for shutdown it suggests I ...

Can't install grub/lilo, can't restor windows boot
Hi I tried to install opensuse 11 yesterday. But it couldn't install GRUB. It says - *disk doesn't exist* I cancelled the installation and now I cannot even access my windows (fixmbr and fixboot don't help) Please help! -- greg606 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Well, In some cases (especially when using recovery boot) grub reports installation problems. But this is the first time somebody reports fixmbr problems. 1/ I would consider using windows disk to load emergency console to try to access windows disk. If...

help! can't install anything in YaST! ask's for cd?!?
i am brand new to open suse linux , and help would be much appreciated! i am having trouble with downloading things such as cenilerra, curio dock, and basicly anything! i know that you use YaST, but how? please help me! i dont know what to do! it opens up yast and then asks for some cd with root or something? i dont have the cd, is there away around this? info: suse desktop 11.1 kde4 duel boot with xp(ickk) -- twitchgirl14 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ did you install 32bit or 64bit? out of interest, how did yo...

Can't install Help Update
Hi, I have RAD 2007. I installed Rad 2009 trial but it did not solve my problems so I uninstalled it. It messed up the help system for RAD 2007. I did a repair on 2007 but that did not help. I downloaded thee May 08 Help update and tried to install it, but it crashes in the middle of the installation with a message box saying "Error". Very descriptive indeed! Do I have to reinstall the thing? Anyone experienced this? thanks totte Seems that this issue is solved by uninstalling RAD 2009 Help from the system from the Add/Remove programs in control panel. Wonder w...

can't boot from installation dvd
hello all. was going to upgrade to 11 from a working installation of 10.3, but cannot get the install dvd to boot. no problems booting from the 10.3 dvd or Mac OS disks, and have burned and checked two different disks (one downloaded from torrent, the other directly from this site) and no luck. am trying this on an Apple Powerbook G3 Pismo by the way. any suggestions? thanks in advance! -dan -- budoka ------------------------------------------------------------------------ May a silly question did you burn the DVD as DVD iso image ? all the best -- dobb...

can't install amsn, suse dont't install tcl scripting langua
Hi all i recently installed opensuse 11.1 i586, and i need to install amsn here, but i got a error when installing, it says that needs the TCL Scripting Language, i typed "tcl" on yast and i found the files needed, i check the files on software management, and i click accept, it asks for the opensuse cd, but i only have the dvd install, i put it on the dvd rom, but i get a error message "failed to mount /dev/srO ...." :( i dont understand whats going on. EDIT: I think i posted in the wrong section, sorry i didnt find any other that matchs my problem PS: so...

Pls help: I can't install program !
when i install programs, the system always tips: another programing is running. :'( who can help me? -- CaseyLe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ How do you install that program ? With YaST ? What program are you talking about btw. ? -- Thomas_Fo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Thomas_Fo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=12585 View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=396817 CaseyLe;1879696 Wrote: > when i install progr...

Can't install webcam, need help.
Hi all, I have a webcam here, a generic Logitech round one. Opensuse cannot "see" this cam. How can I install this cam? Thanks Heeter -- 'HCCTECH.CA' (http://hcctech.ca) LINUX1: O-SUSE 11.0(32Bit), KDE3.5 AMD XP2600+, 2 x 1GIG DDR400, 160Gig PATA HD, XFX7950GT LINUX2: O-SUSE 11.0(64Bit), KDE3.5, AMD64X2 4400+, 4 x 1GIG DDR2(667), 36GIG RAPTOR HD, EVGA8600GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Heeter;1869278 Wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a webcam here, a generic Logitech round one. > ...

Can't install TTT.Authentication Module! HELP!!!
I'm new to DNN and am trying to install the TTT.Authentication module.  I'm not dumb but I just can't seem to get this thing installed.  Can someone walk me through this step by step? I've tried uploading the authentication.zip file using the "File" tools in DNN but it won't extract the files because the files are of a restricted type.  I'm kind of lost as to why or even if I'm doing this right. John Are you logging in as host and adding the module from the module definitions page in the host menu?ChrisHammond.comEngage Software...

Help,I can't ping my Installed Connection Caches.
In my Jaguar Manager(Jaguar CTS3.5),I can't ping my Installed Connection Caches successfully. Who can give me a simple and full example of create and confige connection caches. Thanks in advanced. Did you recycle the JagServer after you created the caches? If not, recycle and see if that helps. /ck "Jack Zhang" <jack.zhang@dingtech.com.cn> wrote in message news:0RKM8oMEBHA.65@forums.sybase.com... > In my Jaguar Manager(Jaguar CTS3.5),I can't ping my Installed Connection > Caches successfully. > Who can give me a simple and full example of c...

Help! Can't cant re-install Mysql
Hi Perlsters & dbi-users, Accidentally took out the admin privs , cant get back into mysql permission tables. Tried to use "mysql_fix_privilege_tables" script to fix it. Reported "Access denied" . Tried to re-install the package . Cobalt server has binary that install easily but when it finds previous install , it exits. There must a file it looks for , a config file that I probably can delete. Dexter I think you can start safe_mysqld with a switch called "--skip-grant-tables" or something like that - once mysqld is started with t...

Help! Can't install asp.net portal
Hi, Every time I try to install portal ( local) dosn't finish the installation! If I choose "remote" it finnish the installation, but I get the message SQL server does not exist or access denied! I'm a new in asp.net & SQL so help would be appreciated. Assuming you are trying to install the ASP.NET Portal Starter Kit, first make sure you fulfill the requirements to set it up. Have IIS running, have the .NET Framework 1.1 installed and SQL Server correctly configured (mixed authentication mode might be preferable). Make sure you have a user with enough rights to a...

Web resources about - Install help-Can't Boot from DVD - opensuse.org.help.install