11.2 install can't find dvd repository

greetings all
downloaded 11.2 64bit
burned the iso
tried to install
works fine, until it probes for the repositories, but cannot find them
tried on two machines with three different dvd drives
any suggestions,
the gui-guy theo

--
gateway t1616 laptop -- amd turion64x2 processor -- ati radeon x1200
graphics -- realtek eth0/wlan0 cards

topitz
11/14/2009 5:56:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It should automatically find them, unless you change the 'Install Media'
from DVD to something incorrect.

Seems something went wrong during DVD burning procedure.

Try booting DVD and using the 'check media'.  If you have ISO file on
disk, then checking the MD5 sum to verify it is good idea before
burning, starting K3b CD burner and burning ISO shows the MD5 sum.
Using verify options to.

THere's also sometimes issues with DVD-R (& -RW) not being recognised
on all drives, due to a poor specification of the standard. DVD+R (&
+RW) would be better, except not all early DVD drives can read DVD+R
disks.

One option, would be to burn the small Net Install CDs, and export the
DVD you made (now it's checked) via NFS.

--
robopensuse
robopensuse's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17292

0
robopensuse
I was gettting the same error. But i wasnt trying from the DVD.
I copied ISO in to my hard disk(NTFS partition). using Grub4DOS able to
get to the installation process.
I choose installation form 'Harddisk' option and gave the path where my
iso is.
then just before the installation it was saying this error "cannot find
openSUSE repository". i tryed some 2 to 3 times.But same error.
:(
first of all is it possible to install from Hard disk?

--
kirant400
kirant400's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=38709
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=425623

0
kirant400
12/9/2009 2:56:02 AM
openSUSE 11.2 can not be installed from NTFS file system.
Hence we cannot install if we have only windows if we doesnot have DVD.

--
kirant400
kirant400's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=38709
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=425623

0
kirant400
12/10/2009 5:46:01 AM
On 12/09/2009 11:46 PM, kirant400 wrote:

> openSUSE 11.2 can not be installed from NTFS file system.
> Hence we cannot install if we have only windows if we doesnot have DVD.

This is not true. You can install from the LiveCD or the NET install.
You will need a network connection to install using either of these
methods.
0
Larry
12/10/2009 6:28:34 AM
Correction again...  I had tried to install opensuse from my hard drive
as an iso image from my NTFS partition.  I had several problems but soon
found the source of the problems from trial and error and from some

It is possible to install from the hard drive without Live CD and
without a usb hard drive.  The process is trick and have yet to see any
easier way about it.

The problem is that the NTFS partition can only be written to from the
root user.  This requires the mounting of the NTFS partition with the
correct code that enables this.  However the partition cannot be edited
if it is the source of the installation.

To resolve this, there must be two sources of the iso on two seperate
partitions.  The installation source must be initiated from the
secondary partition as the main partition is the one that needs to be
edited with the proper code.  once the installation is started the
process will present an error that it cannot access the files needed.
Then you must change the source of the installtion files from the
secondary partition to the first partition.  the link below contains
more information which i have replied to myself about.  I would like to
now if there is an easier route though.

'dual boot windows and linux, installing linux from image - openSUSE
Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/yhqlmgb)

--
elmistro
elmistro's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=38947
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=425623

0
elmistro

Can't start X server and can't install NVIDIA display driver when upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2
Hi, all, I upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2 according to official portal "system upgrade". Code: -------------------- #zypper ref -------------------- Code: -------------------- #zypper dup -------------------- After complete, I restart the system, it just can login in by terminate. When I run Code: -------------------- #startx -------------------- Got below message: > > ... > Current version of pixman: 0.18.0 > Before reportign problems, check help http://wiki.x.og > to make sure that you have the latest version. > Ma...

'can't find source media' during 11.3 install although does boot the iso dvd..?
Greets: I spent some hours trying to find info about my problem but couldn't. Soo..here's my problem. I'm trying to install 11.3. The iso install DVD boots up ok, says 'welcome' in far more languages than I understand, I select English & US English then all useful progress stops. It suddenly can't detect my CD/DVD (although it DID when the system booted with the CD/DVD drive selected as 1st device to try to boot). I've tried pushing the button to eject and reload the DVD, no dice. Nothing seems to work, when I finally go for shutdown it suggests I ...

perl6 can't find installed modules, installed by panda #2
ls. Continuing story... I found out that the bootstrap.pl program used an environment variable DESTDIR which I have used now to place the installed modules outside of rakudo. I really don't know what the influence is on this but the modules are now installed like before but the path name I mentioned of panda is still there which is kinda overdone and it doesn't say what program is used (panda, panda-install, ...) although you can guess it from the arguments used, (/home/marcel/Languages/Perl6/rakudo/install/share/perl6/site/323) Thanks Marcel Hello Marcel, ...

Help
I first tried this with the version 11.0 and then again with 11.1 with no difference. I boot from the liveCD, everything looks good and then the entire screen goes blank and stays blank. I suspect this happens when it attempts to switch to the graphical video mode. The quick hardware specs are: * New blank SATA HDD is installed. * I'm booting from the LiveCD * Dell Dimension 8400 with 4-Gigs RAM * Video card is a NVidia 9500GT with dual DVI outputs. This setup works perfect with WinXP-Pro and with Ubuntu 8.04. But with OpenSuse (and Fedora 10.0) it gets to a certain poin...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

Can't Install XE2 help From Web Installer
Keeps giving me the following error: "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. > {quote:title=Nigel Tavendale wrote:}{quote} > Keeps giving me the following error: > > "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." > > The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. I can't get anything install at all with the s...

I can't find the latest .net 2.0 install ( 2.0.50727.832)
Hello.Somehow our production servers have the latest .net 2.0 version (2.0.50727.832) and our stage servers have an older one (2.0.50727.42).I can' t seem to find the .832 installer anywhere.I downloaded the one on the MS site and it was the .42 version.Does anyone know where I might find this?Thanks!     Just a random guess.. maybe .net framework 2.0 service packs cause the version to change?Dev Yup, its the service pack. You can actually get it by running Windows Update (thats a semi-frequent issue, since people often forget to run Windows Update on staging servers, ...

Can't install 11.2
Hi, I downloaded 11.2 DVD, burned it and now I am trying to install it (now I have on my desktop 11.1 installed and works perfectly). My 11.1 only worked when passed the acpi=off command to the kernel on boot time, but this doesn't seem to work on 11.2, I tried noapic edd=off acpi=off apm=off pci=noacpi nothing works, its loading the kernel, starts to load the modules and reboots when reaches 'usb modules' ('Activating usb drivers...' or something like this >:(). Not even the firmware test works, reboots after kernel is loaded. I have : AMD Sempron 3000+...

Why can't install find repository?

Just after Firefox 2.0.0.2 installed itself this morning, my printers are blown away. Can't install as my spoolers are preventing any action.
Name: Ron Mayer Email: neymetalsaterolsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Just after Firefox 2.0.0.2 installed itself this morning, my printers are blown away. Can't install as my spoolers are preventing any action. Comments: Error signature szAppName : spoolsv.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2696 szModName:SR32DLL szModver: 6.1.520.1 offset:0002e888 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

ZRS10.2 install failed, can't install or uninstall
We attempted to install ZRS10.2 on SLES10.2 today and the install seemed to hang and there was no progress after about 10 minutues or so. We broke out of the install. The service is not installed correctly. The zrsuninstall fails with a java error and a new install fails saying ZRS10 is already installed. I've attatched the install log.xml file. Does anyone have any ideas on how to force a re-install or get the uninstall to work? +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: ZENworks Reporting Server_18_Jun_2009_10.03.56.log.zip ...

can't install amsn, suse dont't install tcl scripting langua
Hi all i recently installed opensuse 11.1 i586, and i need to install amsn here, but i got a error when installing, it says that needs the TCL Scripting Language, i typed "tcl" on yast and i found the files needed, i check the files on software management, and i click accept, it asks for the opensuse cd, but i only have the dvd install, i put it on the dvd rom, but i get a error message "failed to mount /dev/srO ...." :( i dont understand whats going on. EDIT: I think i posted in the wrong section, sorry i didnt find any other that matchs my problem PS: so...

Install help-Can't Boot from DVD
I have an older PC. it will only boot from CD, not from the DVD. I installed from the live CD, but now want to have a full install of 11.2, and the machine has no internet access. I have burned the iso of 11.2 to a dvd, but how shall I get it to install? There is an .exe file on the dvd, but (obviously??) the os thinks that it is an archive file. Please help. ND -- NDcfd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you boot from USB, unetbootin is a handy tool to create a bootable usb device from an iso. If not, you should just p...

Can't install 11.2 on Nvidia Raid
I can't install 11.2 on my Nvidia raid. x2 150GB WD Raptors. Installation starts but only gets to 1%. I get > linux udevd[126]: worker [4496] failed while handling > '/devices/virtual/block/dm-0' > linux udevd[126]: worker [4498] unexpectedly returned with status 0x0100 and eventually > device-mapper: ioctl: unable to remove open device nvidia_eeebfafb_part3 OpenSuse 11.1 installs/runs fine on this setup... Hope someone can help/shed light on this. Cheers -- spidernetuk --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - 11.2 install can't find dvd repository - opensuse.org.help.install

Repository (revision control) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... distributed (for instance, Git or Mercurial ) or centralized ( Subversion or Perforce , for example), the whole set of information in the repository ...

LEEDIR - Large Emergency Event Digital Information Repository on the App Store on iTunes
Get LEEDIR - Large Emergency Event Digital Information Repository on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

NSW revamps open data repository
The New South Wales government has launched a revamped open data repository.

NSW revamps open data repository
The New South Wales government has launched a revamped open data repository.

NAKIVO Releases v5.7 with Full Support for VMware vSphere 6 and Repository Encryption
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Docker gets a GitHub-like repository from CoreOS
Chasing the successful hosting model of GitHub, Linux distributor CoreOS has set up an online repository where organizations can store and share ...

Cydia gets updated with better repository and package management, iOS 7-style icon, other fixes
... Visit 9to5Mac to find more special coverage of update , iOS , and app . What do you think? Discuss "Cydia gets updated with better repository ...

Senators seeks recovery funds for nuke repository - Albuquerque Journal News
... are seeking an additional $113 million to help fund ongoing recovery efforts at the federal government's troubled nuclear waste repository in ...

New Mexico Nuclear Repository WIPP Monitored for Radiation
American Live Wire New Mexico Nuclear Repository WIPP Monitored for Radiation American Live Wire Officials testing for the presence of airborne ...

Moto 360 repository gives details on Android Wear interface, icons
A Moto 360 repository is now available, showing all kinds of neat stuff we’ll see from the new wearable. Though it doesn’t give too much away, ...